TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Power to... us! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Power to... us! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Power to... us! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Power to... us! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Power to... us! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Power to... us! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Power to... us! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Power to... us! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Power to... us! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Power to... us!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Power to... us! Empty Power to... us!

2012 beckons, the harsh winter is almost over! On March 6th, the all new for 2012 Phenomenal Racers team (under the Team Vodafone banner) will take to the track in Japan.

2012 is to provide one of the biggest shake ups in recent years. The successful formula of the 2011 season has been carried over, but 2012 sees a move to Forza Motorsport 4, and with that comes changes to the cars behaviour, a larger grid, and many many brand new cars, including the successors to the ever dependable 2006 Ford Focus ST and the always popular line up of Honda models, and brand new for 2012 models from makes like Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Mini and Toyota

Power to... us! Forza413

But for 2012, on the back of title success, Phenomenal returns back to it's Genisis (no, not the Hyundai that we ran briefly in 2010) in the ever dependable 2003 SEAT Leon Cupra R. The team also sports a bold new look. Last season the team had a very works VW feel to it with Hexis Energy. This year, Vodafone has returned to the TORA TCC with a season deal. Another vital component to this years team is the continued support from CQR. This year, the CQR support has increased considerably. In 2011 we ran with leftover 2010 data. For 2012, we have some direct support from the CQR team, to ensure that our little outfit can compete with the larger teams that have full-time engineers.

Power to... us! Forza414

The team has four drivers in it's stable for this season. Three of those are the prime drivers. Myself (#1), Nick (#11) and Chad (#4) will be driving the prime cars for most of the season. We have one reserve driver in Ben (#19) who will fill in for one of our drivers in selected races.

Power to... us! Forza416

Last edited by nickyf1 on Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 23:43; edited 2 times in total
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Power to... us! :: Comments

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 17:41 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

Dont the number boxes meant to be under the rear window and not the bottom of the door?

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 17:43 by nickyf1

Yes, they are.

But surely moving them to the bottom of the door is fine?

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 18:14 by LMR DarthMario

Beautiful Seats!!

Back to top Go down

lfcnicklfc

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 18:14 by lfcnicklfc

Chucky 1982 wrote:Dont the number boxes meant to be under the rear window and not the bottom of the door?

technically they are under the rear window Wink

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 18:32 by nickyf1

There, a full write up.

Back to top Go down

CQR Senna

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 22:27 by CQR Senna

Looks smart

Back to top Go down

AMR of the Apex

Post Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 22:47 by AMR of the Apex

Power to... us! Power-to-the-people

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 13:13 by Richy59

I'll see what Scot says, but I just don't see why you guys always have to be the odd ones out. Everyone else is putting the box where we asked it to be put, but you guys just love to be awkward.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 13:19 by Ax4x Chaddy

i can see it needing moved Nicky otherwise cant wait to race it! looks really good Wink

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 13:22 by Richy59

Your also missing the Bonnet decal which is to be in the centre of the bonnet.

Back to top Go down

lfcnicklfc

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 13:49 by lfcnicklfc

Power to... us! Getpho11

Edited the paint with the vinyls in the right place, what do you think Nicky??

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 13:57 by Ax4x Chaddy

like it Nick, good job!

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 18:43 by nickyf1

I'm sorry Nick, but I'm not moving the number decal.

I'm not moving the entire Vodafone text just to facilitate the complete and utterly dire piece of decal placing that has been chosen by the TORA staff.

It's nothing personal, it's just sh*t.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 18:44 by nickyf1

Richy wrote:I'll see what Scot says, but I just don't see why you guys always have to be the odd ones out. Everyone else is putting the box where we asked it to be put, but you guys just love to be awkward.

I'm not trying to be awkward, and I'm not looking for special treatment in the rules.

I just want to put my number a little lower down.

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 18:47 by Richy59

As I said, I'll see what Scot says. In the past we've asked for mandatory logos to be put on cars and until the cars have been corrected the drivers haven't been awarded championship points.

Back to top Go down

lfcnicklfc

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 18:51 by lfcnicklfc

Fair dooa mate, just wanted to make that just in case Smile

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 18:54 by nickyf1

It's not like I'm trying to take the piss or anything. I genuinely understood the decal rules while making the car. I tried to make the design on the car work, which meant perhaps moving the number decal down slightly. Since that photo was taken I have moved the bonnet decal on my own car.

I placed the decals in such a way that made sense with the livery and placed the decals in such a way that would be understandable. I'm not being awkward at all. If I was being awkward I'd have made the thing tiny and put it in some hidden corner of the car.

The ''...but you guys just love to be awkward.'' is not deserved at all.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 22:32 by Ax4x Chaddy

Nick can you send me your design (on a car) incase Scot says no Please? (if he says yes, EVERYONE will want to change the Decals, sorry boss!)

Nicky, I STILL can't load the new paint so could you send one over on a car too please?

Back to top Go down

ckBrenneke

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 22:56 by ckBrenneke

Hmmm... Suspect

I think we made it very clear what we wanted a month ago, and to be having to make a judgement on this now a day before the first race is, IMO, simply being awkward.

We decided to do something different with the TORA decals for this season's TCC. We took inspiration from other real world series, and did our own thing with them. The curved shape comes from the curved boxes we run in all our series. The positioning was to give the focus to the front doors for sponsors. And we got the details all within the boxes so that we weren't asking people to have sunstrips/URLs/partner logos everywhere.

Despite your assumption in the TCC section that you were speaking for everyone, only you have been particularly vocal in your dislike of them, Nicky. While I am sure they are not to everyone's taste, they seem to be able to have incorporated them into their designs without sticking two fingers up at us.

So I am left with a dilemma. Allow you to blatantly disregard what we have mandated, meaning as Chaddy points out that everyone will want to do their own thing? Or stand our ground on this, and have you throw the toys out the pram and refuse to play?

What would Alan Gow do?

Back to top Go down

lfcnicklfc

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 23:23 by lfcnicklfc

Me thinks Mr Gow wouldn't be pleased, me and Chad are fine with running the edited paint with the stickers in the politically correct position, so the decision's down to you CK.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 23:42 by Ax4x Chaddy

Yeah im happy with Nicks editing

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 23:49 by nickyf1

Of course I've been vocal, I bloody hate the things. But, as you say, I seem to be the only one..

I tried to place the decals in such a way that wouldn't stick two fingers up (as I said, if I wanted to do that, it'd be tucked away in some hidden corner), so I was quite surprised at the sort of response the positioning of a decal had.. As I said, I positioned it in such a place that made sense to the livery, and should have made sense to anyone who looked at it, therefore being acceptable.

Well, I've moved the logos round to the right places, cleaned up the livery a little bit, and I've sent chad and nick copies of it. It's not worth losing points over, but it's still bloody pedantic.

And if anyone would like to view the new updated car, I've posted it in the OP Wink

Back to top Go down

CQR Senna

Post Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 8:59 by CQR Senna

Wow and there was me thinking this was a game!

Back to top Go down

ckBrenneke

Post Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 17:54 by ckBrenneke

The GAME is the platform we use, that's all.

TORA's staff spent our time, effort and money to get us in the MSA and run our series with as much professionalism as we can given the medium we use (a games console, wesbite and forum), but we still have our rules and regulations the same way as any other MSA-affiliated series.

I'd expect at the very least that if you want to compete, you abide by our rules.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next