TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
World Cup EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
World Cup EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
World Cup EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
World Cup EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
World Cup EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
World Cup EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
World Cup EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
World Cup EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
World Cup EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

World Cup

3 posters

Go down

World Cup Empty World Cup

Post by GTDon2 Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 7:57

I run a little "pick-up race" Sunday evenings 7:00pm CST 8:00pm EST and am looking to add a couple more drivers if anyone is available. Originally the format was based on all the current Grand Am cars at an R3 level. But since that time I've managed to incorporate ALMS, JGTC, and Can/Am cars all in the same event! There are 50 cars to pick from on my storefront.

This is a multiclass race where the lower R3 cars can compete equally with the upper R2 and R1 cars. All the cars come with a basic tune for the track we currently run on (Sunset P. Reverse), but you are not allowed to change the builds. If you want an open tune, just message me and I'll send it to you.

It's a 5 lap qualifier, and a 23lap race. If you drive an R3 car you do not have to pit at all. But if you drive one of the R2-R1 cars you have to pit 6 times.

This is not a typical series event with series points. It's just a single repeated event every Sunday night using one of three tracks. However, it is a rated event that you can gain a driver rating from, which will make you eligible for prizes at the end of the year.

details here http://ifca.highforum.net/t5395-world-cup-racing-rules

Would love to have a couple of you guys in on this, to at least show the boys over there that they really need to step up their game.

Send me a FR, AAR GTDon
GTDon2
GTDon2

TORA Race Number : 126
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://theforzaunderground.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

World Cup Empty Re: World Cup

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 11:47

Sounds interesting. Times don't work for me personally. Any TORA folk these times work for wanna represent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 15:23

Sounds interesting indeed.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 15:43

Duke of Bruno wrote:Sounds interesting indeed.

It really is interesting and fun to do. The format allows not just one or two series to compete head to head on Sunday nights, but 4! Grand Am, ALMS, JGTC, and Can/Am all competing at the same time in the same race! This diverse competition brings together for the first time a wide range of racing competition for the astute driver. From production based racers to full on prototypes, you can race them all on a level playing field without computer imposed handicaps.

Also cool is that the event winner can not stay in the same car every week. AND, everyone else is allowed to change out their car every week. Don't like the car you picked, and feel that the others had an advantage over yours, then pick THEIR car next time! lol It's great!

This multiclass racing produces the most mixed field and unpredictable winners I've seen. Just last night I won with the Can/Am GTU class Ferrari 312P, which may be the slowest of all the upper class cars. All the cars are what you'd see in the real-life series too.

The lower class R3 cars are a mix of production based racers built up to the class and dedicated race cars, that turn about the same lap times at Road America as the TORA GT Mini R3 cars here.

The only thing we need more of is skilled drivers. Even if you can't do the race because of the time, grab some cars from my storefront and we can include you in our practices. Every car (all 50) on my storefront qualifies.
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 16:34

I checked out the site. I have not yet registered so I will first ask my question here.

Is there a full car list for this series on the forums? Or, is your storefront the only list? The most I can find is a "list" of the Grand-Am cars and that only includes pictures of the real world counterparts.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 16:37

Aside from my storefront, there is the lap records list which shows all the cars and what their best lap was in race. http://ifca.highforum.net/t5324-world-cup-lap-records-sunset-p-reverse
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 16:50

Looks great Don, is there any thought of a UK time?

World Cup 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 17:21

SelectiveRogue wrote:Looks great Don, is there any thought of a UK time?

No, we just started it for a weekly get together for the locals who didn't want to get into a traditional series with series points. That's why it is a repeat event every week rather than a series. It helps the slower guys to get faster by staying at the same track for a few rounds.

But I just thought of something, it would be great if we did have a UK friendly time. We could have 2 Divisions with the same format. Then, we might have a "meet" where the 2 come together once a month! Let me know if you can put it together. I will be happy to rate all your drivers and incorporate their results with ours.
GTDon2
GTDon2

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down