TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times

+5
HabitableHawk90
Ax4x Mikey J
BG Dr Green
MrRaZzT
PLOW tubbi
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Empty TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 16 May 2012 - 11:34

Well lads,

The tunes will need to be adjusted for this track, grip grip and more grip.

A good test of brakes and exit speeds.

Do you dare to be the last of the late brakers!.

Good luck and post your laptimes here.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Empty Re: TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 16 May 2012 - 11:46

Did you know:

Catalunya circuit is renowned for its grand prix attendance figures being some of the highest which is strange as the spanish fans rarely travel with the event to different countries.

Catalunya is also a home the world rally stages and has numerous plotted courses depending on weather and conditions, notoriously fast and dusty with the fans being particularly proud of touching the cars as they pass at speeds upwards of 100mph (nutters).

This resulted in many injuries and some reported but not confirmed deaths during the 80's with the group B rally cars tearing up the courses.

PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Empty Re: TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012 - 13:20

Did you know:
This message was brought to you buy the Catalyuna tourist board and Wikipedia

Although this is probably a grip track, I'm a bit worried by the length of that main straight, the wheezy old Kia's not gonna be good there...

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRaZzT Thu 17 May 2012 - 18:11

i'll go first................. 1:24.8's - predicting the lowest lobby to run at the 1:23:9s and maybe 1:19s from the A lobby?

MrRaZzT

TORA Race Number : 221
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-05-31

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-taylor/57/a49/abb

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 17 May 2012 - 18:43

Well personally I absolutely hate, no detest, nooo despise, hmmmm no, can't even find a word harsh enough without swearing about this track, crappy little chicane before the finish straight that dirties two laps with one little 1 inch mistake.
Pants I tell ya.

Anyway 1:20:5s, Be lobby here I come.

foot note: Mark, the accura only picks up it's speed advantage at 92 mph, (how geeky am I) and my top speed before braking is 115 mph so grip tune it is then.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Dr Green Fri 18 May 2012 - 11:44

counted the tunes i have for the nissan ov doom and they totalled 26 that is after having a clear out just before maple where i deleted at least another 10, somewhere amongst them i have a tune that got me a low 1.22 around catalunya but at the moment after going through the the five most recent tunes the best i can do is a low 1.23, guess i'll have to test some of the other tunes (if i've got enough time to get through them before the race meeting lol)

BG Dr Green

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012 - 15:21

Will try and run a few laps tonight see how good the Kia is around here - hoping for low to mid 20's!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 19 May 2012 - 0:03

1:23.3 is my best so far, but that is a car I am thinking of switching over to in NATCC. Have yet to take out my Alfa Quadrophenia Verde.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012 - 16:46

PLOW tubbi wrote:Anyway 1:20:5s

Best I've had so far is a 1:20.6, Kia seems slow around here Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRaZzT Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:51

Mid 1.23's not sure what lobby pace that is though.....

MrRaZzT

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 21 May 2012 - 6:57

^ Sounds like that lobby would be "mine" Laughing

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HabitableHawk90 Mon 21 May 2012 - 13:06

Hi all,
i'd love to join you guys for the next Catalunya race, i'm new so I'm still figuring out how it works around here,
is there a team available to join for this and the rest of the events in the series?

Thanks,
btw, i love this track Wink

HabitableHawk90

TORA Race Number : 387
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Mon 21 May 2012 - 13:10

Hi and welcome, grab an integra from my store front and have a go, post what times you do and I'm sure some one will offer you a drive maybe even me!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by HabitableHawk90 Mon 21 May 2012 - 13:13

ok thanks, will do Wink

HabitableHawk90

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Mon 21 May 2012 - 14:45

Managing a few 1.22s I'm pretty happy with that. I think I could manage faster with less mistakes..Should be a good track.
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HabitableHawk90 Mon 21 May 2012 - 22:00

well after a few laps with a new car on a new track layout, my time is 24.5.
I guess it wont be too hard to slim it down Wink

HabitableHawk90

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRaZzT Tue 22 May 2012 - 18:09

Just outta interest what sort of speeds (MPH) are you guys getting the speed trap?

MrRaZzT

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HabitableHawk90 Tue 22 May 2012 - 21:13

This track is way to funny Wink
i still havent leant how to tackle the last 2 arsehole corners with this track but times are slimming down! so far i got in the 1:22s

anybody up for some laps?

HabitableHawk90

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRaZzT Wed 23 May 2012 - 14:34

Try taking it in 1st gear - as for some reason this won't dirty the lap - I've found taking the S's in a higher gear on the same line dirties my lap. You may need to tweak you gearing so that the corner can be taken in 1st and not bouncing on the limiter during corner exit - Using this method I've managed to knock off around half a sec on my PB

MrRaZzT

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 29 May 2012 - 12:24

1.22.400 (clean). Going to have a go at tuning the suspension (first time ever - I normally leave it stock because I don't know what I'm doing!) - should find some more time if I get it right!!

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times W9Zxp6dTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times AcRCGdgTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times MNafhU3TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Wz5UuVmTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times KUxkD1yTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times W1XKgn0TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times VSaZmbSTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times WgsuLHS

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012 - 12:46

As a rough guide, for FWD you need a relatively soft front roll bar (10-12) and a stiff rear roll bar (35-38) and softer front springs than rear springs (50 to 100lbs softer at the front depending on the car and how much oversteer you like).

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:07

Interesting! Thanks Mark, I'll give that a bash and let u know how I get on! Cool

TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times W9Zxp6dTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times AcRCGdgTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times MNafhU3TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times Wz5UuVmTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times KUxkD1yTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times W1XKgn0TORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times VSaZmbSTORA TCC Catalunya National Lap Times WgsuLHS

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:15

Once you get a good balance with the roll bars and springs, then start adjusting advanced things like toe and damping. With FWD (and especially the TORA TCC regs with no front aero), the tuning is all about killing the understeer. So a a little bit of front toe in (-0.1) helps the car turn in better (corner entry), stiffen the rear rebound and rear bump to help induce a bit of mid-corner oversteer, which helps pivot the car around the corner faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:48

Using a combination of the above and a few ideas from tubbi, now down to a 22.1 with 21s definitely achieveable. The car also feels a lot better in general - can do these times consistantly now. Thanks both for the advice!

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:54

Sounds like you made some good progress there! Other things to try are running front tyre pressures lower than the rear (e.g. 28psi front, 29.5psi rear) and add some rake to the car by lowering the front ride height more than the rear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next