TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report

Go down

MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report Empty MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report

For coverage of the Official Test Day Lobby, visit http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t7687-msa-tora-gt-test-day-1-report

The fun did not stop when the Europeans went to bed.

At 3am BST, an alternative to the Official Test Day was presented for those of whom who reside in the Western Hemisphere. The MSA TORA GT North American Test Day 1 commenced with the same questions of its official counterpart: Who was going to find the dominant car first? Some suggested the GT1-spec Aston would have an edge, others thought that the unrestricted GT3-spec cars would prevail, and others yet assumed that the neutral-ground of the GT2-specs were the way to go.

As in the European lobby, there was no conclusion.

Unlike the European lobby, the NATD1 would be ran in heads-up exhibition races to fully simulate the stresses that the cars and drivers would be exerted under in a points race during the season. Some drivers, such as WCM Outlaw, Hailfire97x, and HR test driver Mopar4t4 would take well to the pressure, each capturing "wins." Others, such as newcomer CRC DanTheMan, would find some of these variables to go against their liking, as the aforementioned CRC driver rolled his Abruzzi over at the Veedol chicane whilst leading at Nurburgring GP.

Footage of DanTheMan's scary moment at Nurburgring:

From here, the drivers hopped over to Laguna Seca for a few rounds, netting valuable laptimes around a circuit with fewer bumps, but higher elevation changes. The rugged machines once again proved up to the challenge, as racing around the historic Monterey circuit was as close as ever. At times, however, racing would prove to possibly be too intense, as teammates Red Dirt Bandit and Hailfire97x had their own little incident which sent the number 9 Corvette off into the gravel.

Clip of Red Dirt Bandit's and Hailfire97x's accident at Laguna Seca:

Throughout the test, various cars would prove competitive. From Aston Martin to Z4, every car entered into the test proved to be a venomous option, further proving the theory brought on by the European lobby earlier in the day:

If it is legal, it is equal.

The attention of the TORA GT car selection now shifts from the test day to the future, with more speculation on the horizon (no pun intended). With at-least one future DLC pack all-but confirmed (SRT), and a glaring omission from the GT class existing already (Aston Martin Vantage), could these possible inclusions shift the fragile balance that currently exists?

And, as an aside similar to that of my companion CMGraphix, I don't know which car I want anymore. Laughing

Last edited by Hailfire97x on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 11:42; edited 2 times in total
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

MSA TORA GT Test Day 1 - North American Report :: Comments

Richy59

Post Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 11:22 by Richy59

Nice one Hailfire!

Back to top Go down

Hailfire97x

Post Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 11:43 by Hailfire97x

Thanks, Richy! I wanted CMGraphix to just attach this to the second half of his article, but he insisted that I take credit.

Must suck that bad that he doesn't want it attached to himself, huh? Wink

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 12:19 by Biggsy tv

Not at all Hailfire, the article is fantastic, and hope this says to all members that any news articles are welcome to be posted by anyone.

Loved the read, better then mine!

Back to top Go down

Hailfire97x

Post Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 15:46 by Hailfire97x

I call shenanigans to that. Yours was bloody awesome. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down