TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List

+11
Duke of Bruno
XPR Roadrunner
Slider S15
v Hurricane v
The Posimosh
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
Beanz
Richy59
DeweyTee
silentalarm42
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  Empty TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:08

Welcome to the 2012 TORA TTA Racing League. This is a single-spec series that is based on the Sweden’s TTA Elitserien (http://ttagroup.se/en/). Like it’s real-life counterpart, the cars perform exactly the same as each other, the only difference being the visuals and the drivers themselves. This championship is a true test of driver skill and is contested over 14 rounds at 7 different circuits.

TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  Tta_te10

Car & Specification

Car - #77 JGTC Cusco Subaru Impreza

Specification - Single Spec tune made by me (silentalarm42) is available on my storefront for 0cr. Search for TORA TTA. This is a single spec series therefore this tune must be used. Number Windscreen Strips will be provided on entry.

Calendar - Wednesdays 9PM BST/4PM EST

Races 1+2 3/10/12 Suzuka GP 9 laps
Races 3+4 10/10/12 Road America 8 laps
Races 5+6 17/10/12 Laguna Seca 12 laps
Races 7+8 24/10/12 Sebring Club 16 laps
Races 9+10 7/11/12 Silverstone GP 9 laps
Races 11+12 14/11/12 Nurburgring GP 9 laps
Races 13+14 21/11/12 Mugello Club 20 laps

Event Structure

Event thread will be posted 7 days before event. Post IN if you are taking part. Lobby will be open 10 mins before Qualifying. Invites will be sent out then. If there are connection issues then please inform me.

Qualifying will start at 9PM BST
Lobby will be set to 2 laps, 1 warm-up lap and then 1 timed lap. There will be a time delay between each car. Collisions off.
Clean laps will take priority over dirty laps. This will decide the grid positions for Race 1.
Race 2 grid positions will be reverse of Race 1 finishing positions.

When the race lobby has loaded, do not move from your grid position. The race will start at 0m30s on the Race Timer. This is to simulate a real-life start.

Race Rules

ABS, STM, TCS, Automatic Gears and Autobrake are disallowed. Sim Steering and Clutch are optional. Damage will be set to Cosmetic. Collisions will be on. Tuning is locked and disallowed. Safety Car will be called if there is an incident involving 2 or more cars. Safety Car speed is 60mph. No pit stops are required.

Championship Rules

Only Drivers Championship will be awarded. There will be 4 dropped races. Points will be awarded in the following sequence

45-40-35-30-26-22-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

1pt will be awarded for fastest qualifying lap.

Notes

With this car there are a few paint glitches. 1. Vinyls placed on the back bumper will be reversed in Private Races. To solve this problem, Place the vinyls on the bumper as you would like them to appear (if the glitch didn’t exist), then group them and cut. Paste them on the Left side. then go to the right side and Insert all from left side. Cut and then paste onto the bumper. You may want to save 2 different versions one (non-reversed) for photos and testing and another (reversed) for private races.

If you have any questions or need any help with your livery, don’t be afraid to ask.

To enter the championship, post below your gamertag, race number and your prefered day to run this.

Last edited by silentalarm42 on Sun 23 Sep 2012 - 22:26; edited 1 time in total

silentalarm42

TORA Race Number : 42
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  Empty Re: TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List

Post by DeweyTee Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:18

Interesting, may have to sign up for this depending on dates.Love the no tuning....

Will window banner become available?

Last edited by DeweyTee on Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:20; edited 1 time in total
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List  Empty Re: TORA TTA Racing League - Rules & Entry List

Post by Richy59 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:20

Interested, although it will depend if the tune is drivable with the wheel.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:23

I like the sound of this, only one problem though, you can't have people using setups if you disallow tuning study
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:26

Richy59 wrote:Interested, although it will depend if the tune is drivable with the wheel.
I don't have a wheel so I don't know what it's like, although I have put the Test Car in the club garage.

BG Beanz wrote:I like the sound of this, only one problem though, you can't have people using setups if you disallow tuning study

The lobby will be setup so that only cars with my tune will be allowed to be selected.

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:28

silentalarm42 wrote:
BG Beanz wrote:I like the sound of this, only one problem though, you can't have people using setups if you disallow tuning study

The lobby will be setup so that only cars with my tune will be allowed to be selected.
You mean your PI? As technically anyone could spec the car to the same PI as yours, and then tune it however they want...

I'm not trying to a pain, just don't want unexpected things cropping up for you.
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:33

BG Beanz wrote:
silentalarm42 wrote:

You mean your PI? As technically anyone could spec the car to the same PI as yours, and then tune it however they want...

I'm not trying to a pain, just don't want unexpected things cropping up for you.

I'm trusting people they won't. It is only a mini-series after all. And all of us are here at TORA for clean, fair racing anyway. I wouldn't think anyone one here would want to cheat their way to the front.

Last edited by silentalarm42 on Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:37; edited 1 time in total

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:35

you cant expect everyone to run with a specific tune , i for one run very high brake pressure without this its game over for me ?
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:38

IRT Trash wrote:you cant expect everyone to run with a specific tune , i for one run very high brake pressure without this its game over for me ?

Race brakes aren't part of the tune, so everyone has stock brakes with stock settings

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:40

yes but you get what im saying , as richy pointed out he uses a wheel and generally a controller tune wont suit a wheel user.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:45

in Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Posimosh Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:16

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to reiterate the concerns others have posted about the tuning issue. I have been in more than a few "spec-tuning" events where I have both caught folks with erroneous tuning setups (which is very time consuming). If I didn't catch them red handed, I, and everyone else (as far as I can tell) at least suspected alterations in the build.
Even If you could easily check, running a car that someone tuned will just give the person that tuned it an advantage (or at least a head start). Why not just "open source" a build and tune that is "suggested" (and presumably better than average), then let folks build to a PI if they choose?
If you are interested, I was thinking that a DTM/Super GT series would be cool and competitive. It would also have a variety of cars (though I'm not sure about the NSX but we can cross that bridge when we get there.) Perhaps we could work on something together?
The Posimosh
The Posimosh

TORA Race Number : 113
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2012-03-04

http://posimosh.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:17

people dont have to race in this if they dont want to lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:34

posixmosh wrote: Why not just "open source" a build and tune that is "suggested" (and presumably better than average), then let folks build to a PI if they choose?

I had that with the Clio Cup I ran earlier in the year. It allowed tuning but due to the parts used it was limited. I also put up a tune on my storefront for those who wanted to 'arrive 'n drive'. Most went with the storefront tune and didn't bother making their own which is why I made this have no tuning whatsoever.

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:35

I think this would be a good place for me to start with TORA. I'm very interested even though I live in the U.S.. Just need to know the start date and I'll be there.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 22:35

I'm interested in this depending on the dates...
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 22:37

Races will start at 9pm BST so i think thats 4pm Eastern. Dates are undecided yet althought it wont clash with current TORA championships (Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday). Send me a FR and i can send you the number logos.

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 22:50

I might not make the first one due to the fact I'm running the beta dashboard. The update MS did yesterday fubar'd my box to the point the only thing I can do is surf the dashboard. All my games and apps cause the console to freeze. Just waiting for MS support to get back with me.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 22:57

To those with the concerns over the spec-tune. My series, the MMTCC utilizes this, and yes there is a chance that someone can look at the PI and change the setup....as Drake Hellspawn noted in testing even tho I had the lobby setup to where you really needed the exact parts to get to that PI Sad but you have to trust that they play by the rules, and the competitors have to respect the rules, otherwise whats the point?

For me its harder because there are 6 cars over 2 series. However its great fun and it makes it that much harder to win. It really comes down to driver skill.

EDIT: We've had no problems with drivers bending the rules to thier advantage. You can ask Hailfire97x, xOverdrive99x, Maserati F1, Flyin Mikey J, Red Dirt Bandit, Drake Hellspawn, OldMadGamer, JonXtream, TheOneNamedJack, Morphader and Adder how fun the cars are when they perform the exact same and run very similar lap times at each of the tracks.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 0:39

Will send FR to receive the number boards and window banner.......
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 0:54

Sent out number boxes and FRs to those interested.

silentalarm42

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 1:25

mopar4t4 wrote:To those with the concerns over the spec-tune. My series, the MMTCC utilizes this, and yes there is a chance that someone can look at the PI and change the setup....as Drake Hellspawn noted in testing even tho I had the lobby setup to where you really needed the exact parts to get to that PI Sad but you have to trust that they play by the rules, and the competitors have to respect the rules, otherwise whats the point?

For me its harder because there are 6 cars over 2 series. However its great fun and it makes it that much harder to win. It really comes down to driver skill.

EDIT: We've had no problems with drivers bending the rules to thier advantage. You can ask Hailfire97x, xOverdrive99x, Maserati F1, Flyin Mikey J, Red Dirt Bandit, Drake Hellspawn, OldMadGamer, JonXtream, TheOneNamedJack, Morphader and Adder how fun the cars are when they perform the exact same and run very similar lap times at each of the tracks.

Yes it would be hard to catch someone cheating. There's no doubt about that. I like the idea that it is a single car, like the Trans Am series back about 15-20 years ago where all the cars were of all things Trans Am's and the drivers were from all different types of racing. Yes it would be nice to tune my car and I prefer it but if someone provides an tune, that allows me to concentrate on one thing, driving the car. I believe in fairness. If someone has to cheat then they need to go to a modded room with other cheaters. All we can do is watch out for each other and have fun.

See ya on the track!!
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 1:57

A month or so ago, Zeta0085 hosted a DTM Night that had forced stock builds and tunes. It offered some pretty fun racing.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 2:42

Duke of Bruno wrote:A month or so ago, Zeta0085 hosted a DTM Night that had forced stock builds and tunes. It offered some pretty fun racing.
+1 Had a great time in that event. There wasn't a"runaway" lead car!
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 4:15

I hope to be "In' for the whole series. Love the 4 race drops, as no matter the day or time, I always miss at least two weeks due to work. And I am a fan of spec tune racing.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next