TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA V8 - General Discussion

+13
Racing Dk
PLOW tubbi
Beanz
Ax4x Cowboy
JAMIE ANDERS0N
theboomeranga
Ax4x Mikey J
DeweyTee
RumbleBee 392
CQR Aero
CQR Rogue
Morne in Glory
Ax4x Chaddy
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA V8 - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 22:51

Stick with it Kicks.

It is up to the passer to get through as cleanly as possible and if you feel wronged by it then there are Stewards Inquiries to sort things out. If you don't initiate the SI then nothing will happen. It doesn't matter if you are new/slow - we all sign up to the same rules. Only your replay will show what you saw but I can put both of mine up on my SF should you want to watch them back or use them at all?

Unfortunately nothing can be done in-race and racing is more about going for it in the here and now and if there are repercussions then so be it. Touring car drivers don't pull over if they take someone out, they deal with it after the race and that is similar to how the SIs function.

These cars are big and powerful and with any damage they are even more of a handful than they normally are. Having one lobby makes the speed difference between fastest and slowest larger and with lag issues all around tonight it was about aggression and self preservation in equal measures.

Hopefully next week will be problem free,with a greater turnout and more fun for you. Smile

Last edited by Defconluke on Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 22:56; edited 1 time in total

TORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 ZAoqkoNTORA V8 - General Discussion - Page 3 D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 22:54

Yeah that's why, in a way, the larger competitions, eg. the GT Championship are better for more even racing, as you're always in a lobby with people of similar skill.

Mikey is right in what he says though, most of the lap time is made up through braking. Everyone can accelerate at the same rate, but it's the braking and corner entry which varies vastly...
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksOnRoute66 Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 23:56

BG Beanz wrote:Yeah that's why, in a way, the larger competitions, eg. the GT Championship are better for more even racing, as you're always in a lobby with people of similar skill.

Mikey is right in what he says though, most of the lap time is made up through braking. Everyone can accelerate at the same rate, but it's the braking and corner entry which varies vastly...
You have hit the nail on the head , I'm a quick learner and what your saying is if your off the pace your mince meat . I won't get in the way and humiliate my self I'll wait for a BTCC or similar event to cut my teeth and good luck with the series !
KicksOnRoute66
KicksOnRoute66

TORA Race Number : 307
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 0:38

Kicks you didnt and would,nt of humiliated yourself we have all been in your position tonight and its not nice,when i,ve been there i have often found it more a test of nerve than anything else. I,m not sure what happened to you but i do know the second race was a little bit crazy at the start and dont think thats the normal standard, there was a car pointing in the wrong direction before us at the back even got there.

Apart from all that i was dissapointed in quali not even getting a lap in before xbox kicked me out,but had a decent race and battle for 3rd with Plow Tubby door on door action all good though whilst also catching Lukes draft which kept messing me up.2nd race was better for me after navigating the carnage.Had a little bit of damage but not to much.

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 2:08

There have been times that I wasn't comfortable up front and have even waved people past under a caution in TASCAR and VM NASCAR. restarting in row 3 or 4 w/ some lag directly in front of me is scary. Might go against the grain but just pulling onto the grass on the start to let the field pass might have made your race a bit more enjoyable. I know when I went to the back it paid off as I missed the big wreck that followed the restart and had a much better finish than I would have otherwise.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 9:55

The problem I faced last night was there was some lag but it was'nt just one or two drivers so i could'nt just ask anyone to leave as everyone was jumping quite abit. Tubbi and myself agreed beforehand that we would go for 1 lobby, we could of went two, yes but if we had drivers such as Wozza and Hainesy would have been with the 'slower' drivers in lobby B so they would have ran away with it. The lag caused all the problems last night and thats why the driving standards dropped however there was some great side by side stuff from drivers too.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Graftersroom Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 10:03

I will take most of the blame for Race 2, Posixmosh was slow off the line and I swerved to take the inside. Problem was when I put my foot on the brake nothing happened.

I fully apologise to anyone and everyone that got tangled up in my mess.

I do have a genuine suggestion though. These cars are really not very good from a standing start with cold tyres. Race 1, with a rolling start saw less incident, Race 2 saw a lot of incidents, yes the slower guys were at the front, but the faster/better drivers at the back know they have 18 laps to get ahead, but the standing starts/cold tyres do not allow any leeway for a mistake at the first corner.

In all honesty Motegi's first corner is one of the worst with just barely enough room to get two cars through it, no excuse, but to 'Kicks', believe me Silverstone will be completely different and a lot cleaner, in fact that was probably the most crash filled TORA race I've ever been in.

Give Silverstone a shot and if you don't like that time round then no one can say you didn't try.
Graftersroom
Graftersroom

TORA Race Number : 411
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 12:16

I too feel the driver level was a bit low last night, plenty of contact where it was not necessary (you know who you are) and motegi is not a forgiving circuit.
BUT, even the experienced guys get caught out, I'll set the scene..........coming up on a slower guy so already feeling a bit cautious, he exits a turn quite slowly and you get a good exit, you make up time and now you are 20 feet away, you know he may brake a bit earlier so you think you're ready....s h!t he's braked REALLY early must have seen a McDonalds or something, problem now is you're later on the brakes than he is and you're in his draft.....its gonna happen.

This has happened so many times, but I believe in polite ness, so a sorry wouldn't go amiss.

Its not a bad thing to raise an SI and it slowly but surely gets roof of the dodgem guys so everyone else can race and enjoy.

note, we recently ran the JTCC which is a fantastic way of cutting your teeth to be competitive, these lower class races happen as often as I can twisty their arms so keep an eye out for them, fwd lends towards tighter racing and easier recovery from being banged.

Last edited by PLOW tubbi on Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksOnRoute66 Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 12:24

Right different day different attitude, going to spend a week on Silverstone . What is a reasonable lap time !!
KicksOnRoute66
KicksOnRoute66

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 13:05

PLOW tubbi wrote:I too feel the driver level was a bit low last night, plenty of contact where it was not necessary (you know who you are) and motegi is not a forgiving circuit.
BUT, even the experienced guys get caught out, I'll set the scene..........coming up on a slower guy so already feeling a bit cautious, he exits a turn quite slowly and you get a good exit, you make up time and now you are 20 feet away, you know he may brake a bit earlier so you think you're ready....s h!t he's braked REALLY early must have seen a McDonalds or something, problem now is you're later on the brakes than he is and you're in his draft.....its gonna happen.

This has happened so many times, but I believe in polite ness, so a sorry wouldn't go amiss.

Its not a bad thing to raise an SI and it slowly but surely gets roof of the dodgem guys so everyone else can race and enjoy.

note, we recently ran the JTCC which is a fantastic way of cutting your teeth to be competitive, these lower class races happen as often as I can twisty their arms so keep an eye out for them, fwd lends towards tighter racing and easier recovery from being banged.

also dont forget you all have a mic so if your unsure communication is key , afterall it dosent hurt to call your passes.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 17:36

Not intentionally meaning to self promote, but I am starting another IROC spec series a week from Friday in 250 HP 73 Carreras. The car is not the easiest drive around but being a midnight fun series it has a very laid back friendly feel and is a great place to gain some TORA experience.

Kicks you are more than welcome to jump in Cheers

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksOnRoute66 Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 18:49

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Not intentionally meaning to self promote, but I am starting another IROC spec series a week from Friday in 250 HP 73 Carreras. The car is not the easiest drive around but being a midnight fun series it has a very laid back friendly feel and is a great place to gain some TORA experience.

Kicks you are more than welcome to jump in Cheers
Count me in !
KicksOnRoute66
KicksOnRoute66

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksOnRoute66 Thu 22 Nov 2012 - 23:46

Mickey more info on your IROC.
KicksOnRoute66