TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers

Go down

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers Empty CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers Cqr_ma10

Close Quarters Racing is getting ready for the TORA Nurburgring 8 Hours this weekend with entries in all 3 classes, here's a round-up of our teams and drivers ahead of this epic race:

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers N8_411

CQR Bulldogs - #707 Mercedes SLS AMG (SP1)
CQR MAGiC / CQR D4N13L / CQR PHIL
CQR Bulldogs have replaced their fast-but-somewhat unreliable TORA GT car, the Jaguar XKR with the German efficiency of the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, and are hoping to go all out for victory. CQR MAGiC, CQR D4N13L and CQR PHIL have adapted quickly to the new car and are already lapping faster than we were in the Jaguar and are confident of a good race.

CQR MAGiC says "The extra power of the Mercedes over my regular Jaguar certainly comes in handy around here. Daniel and Phil have had problems with the seating position in the new car, which will be fixed before the race on Saturday, but that has hindered the team in qualifying with only myself able to put a qualifying lap in. But, it's a long a race and our aim is to be consistent and stay out of trouble! Hopefully we won't have any mechanical failures this time!"

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers 92878710

CQRish Porker - #255 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (SP1 Cup)
CQR NEON / CQR Marty / CQR Shifty / VVV Polaris
The CQRish team returns with a new car (Porsche 911 GT3 Cup) and a new driver - VVV Polaris, who will race alongside newly-signed CQR driver CQR Shifty and returning drivers CQR NEON and CQR Marty. The team is looking very strong, as shown by CQR Shifty's debut podium in the TORA GT race at the Nordschleife last Sunday, and Polaris has already posted a blistering qualifying time!

CQR NEON says "Im looking forward to this as it will be my first proper race round the old nurby and to have such good teammates in the car is especially good as it gives us a fighting chance of doing well. Although competition in the SP1cup class is going to be very strong indeed. Hopefully bringing VVV Polaris into the team has given us the 'ish' back into the CQRish team and also given us much more help to get what we want from the car. AV IT!"

VVV Polaris says "the paint has inspired me to practice"

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers Ikean810

CQR-IKEA - #118 Honda Civic Si (06) (SP3)
CQR HABURi / CQR Cobblepop / CQR Jono
Britcar 24 Hours Clubman class winner CQR Cobblepop is joined by CQR Jono and CQR HABURi in the TCC-inspired CQR-IKEA team, driving a Honda Civic Si 06. The team is very well prepared and with 3 experienced drivers on-board should be a contender for class victory, after setting some impressive times in practice and qualifying.

CQR Jono says: "I love these events, they are an excellent way of focussing a team like CQR on one common goal. As a newcomer to CQR the TORA Britcar 24 hour was an excellent way for me to integrate fully in to the team - hopefully our newer members will have the same experience with the Nurburgring 8. Personally I have only one aim - to complete my stint without rolling the CQR-IKEA Civic..........wish me luck!!"

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers 93165710

Team VTCC - #510 VW Corrado VR6 (SP3)
CQR Rusty / MGR Ginge / POWER STAG
CQR Rusty is also racing in a VTCC Motorsport liveried VW Corrado VR6 with team mates MGR Ginge and POWER STAG. The car is not expected to challenge the leading cars, but it's a long race and anything can happen.

CQR Rusty says "This cars just for 'fun'. Just want to see how we get on with a 'dog' compared to all the other top motors!"

CQR Aero is also competing the #80 M&M Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, with experienced team mate SelectiveRogue - the car looks great, as does Aero's Spotters Guide!

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers 93953410

All the CQR drivers and teams wish everyone good luck and hopes we have a great race. For live updates and comments from our drivers, follow CQR Club on Twitter @CQRClub (and our hashtag #FastInAnyCar) and on our live CQR page at http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Who can tame The Green Hell? Find out from 2pm on Saturday...

Last edited by CQR MAGiC on Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

CQR's Nurburgring 8 Hours Teams & Drivers :: Comments

CQR Jono

Post Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 11:53 by CQR Jono

Cracking write up as always Mark Cheers

Back to top Go down

CQR Aero

Post Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 12:39 by CQR Aero

CQR MAGiC wrote:CQR Aero is also competing the #80 M&M Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, with experienced team mate SelectiveRogue - the car looks great, as does Aero's Spotters Guide!

You flatter me sir! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Racert46

Post Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 12:52 by Racert46

Good story, best of luck to you guys.

Back to top Go down

BG Wumba

Post Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 13:25 by BG Wumba

Good luck guys! Hope you have success in all comps except SP1 Cup Razz , as that is what the two BG teams are running in!

Back to top Go down

Beanz

Post Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 14:16 by Beanz

Nice one guys. As Wumba said, good luck. If there's any slashes in your Porsche's tyres though, it wasn't me! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down