Log in

I forgot my password

Facebook
Instagram
Gallery
Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Gaming PC Help!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by FranchittiFan on Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 19:30





FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9013
Location : Scotland
Registration date : 2008-09-26
Reputation : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by CQR Rogue on Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 19:37

chaddy get ccleaner run that full




Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting

CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15744
Location : Solihull
Registration date : 2008-08-16
Reputation : 114

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by KaneGR4 on Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 19:55

CQR Franchitti wrote:

Server in Lancaster!?

KaneGR4

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3107
Location : West Yorkshire/Northumberland
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Reputation : 105

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by FranchittiFan on Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 22:05



Aberdeen

I finally manged a forza race and the cars were lagging EVERYWHERE.




FranchittiFan

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9013
Location : Scotland
Registration date : 2008-09-26
Reputation : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by v Hurricane v on Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 23:06

Franchitti,
Ok, so by the sound of it you have a modem from your ISP, a router that you bought, then your Xbox and computer connected to that. Try this,
 
1) Turn off your computer, Xbox and anything else attached to your network.
2) Unplug your modem and router, leave them unplugged for about 30 seconds to a minute.
3) First plug in your modem, not your router. Let the lights on your modem lights settle down.
4) Plug in your gaming router and let all the lights settle back to normal.
5) Now turn on your computer, let it boot up. Now go to speedtest.com and pingtest.com and run both tests.
 
See if your speed is any better and the ping test will check to see how much noise is on your line.
 
Now to clean up your computer this is what you try. I'm not sure what operating system you have, but if it's anything from Win XP, Vista or 7 here's what you can do:
First go to the 'Control Panel', when it opens up then click on 'Folder Options". When 'Folder Options' opens, click on the 'View' tab. In the Advanced Settings window of the 'View' tab look for 'Hidden files or folders'. Underneath that you will see two radio circles. One will be maked, it will be either; 'Don't show hidden files, folders or drives' the other is 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'. Make sure the second one is marked. Click 'OK' then exit back to the desktop. Now for the fun.

These will be somewhat the same for each OS. (Do not type the 'x' around the words)
If Win XP: Go to Start >Run. If Vista or 7: Go to Start >Start Search >In the Start Search box type in 'Run'. For each of the things you are going to do, you will go to 'Run'.
1) In the 'Run' box type in 'Temp'. A window will come up with a bunch of files on it. Click once on one of the files in that window to highlight it. On your keyboard Hold down 'Ctrl' and hit 'A'. Now every file should be highlighted. Now hit 'Delete' on your keyboard and you will be asked of you want to delete x amount of files. Click 'OK or YES', and the files should be deleted. Now some files may not delete. If not click on the rest of the files in that list and delete them until the 'Temp' folder has only a one or a few files in it. Now close the 'Temp' window.
2) In the 'Run' box type in '%Temp%'. Then follow the instructions in Step 1.
3) In the 'Run' box type in 'Prefetch'. Then follow the instructions in Step 1.
4) Now go to your 'Recycle Bin' and delete everything in it.
5) Restart your computer and test it.

Now for your Xbox...
The only thing you can really do for your Xbox is follow the instructions on the page below to try to clear your system cache:
>>Clear your system cache<<
Now the only thing about clearing your system cache is that you made be made to sign out and do updates on some games. To tell the truth, since the dashboard update I have had problems with my Xbox being slow also and even after doing all of this it's still slow so don't expect miracles.

If you have any issues, let me know. If worst comes to worst I can help by remote logging into your computer with you approval of course and you can watch everything I do. There is a program that is free that I use all the time and it doesn't allow just anyone to log in without a password that changes with each time you allow someone to connect.

v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1178
Location : Seffner, Fl., USA
Registration date : 2012-09-12
Reputation : 30

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 15:17

Thread Revival!

So I'm getting a monster PC, but I don't know a huge amount about said PCs.

Budget is roughly £1500, I'm looking for something with a i7 4790k (4Ghz), 32GB of RAM (if I need any more I'll just download it), a GTX 980 thingy card and at least 1TB of memory for all of my pirated music.

I'm torn between getting PC Specialist to do the dirty work, or buying the bits myself and most likely cocking up the build.

Here's a list from PC Part Picker:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£261.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£46.18 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£81.54 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£213.84 @ More Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card (£375.78 @ Dabs)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£73.73 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer (£12.36 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£110.02 @ Ebuyer)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£28.24 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Wired Gaming Keyboard (£40.00 @ Scan.co.uk)
Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 1250 38W 2.1ch Speakers (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1438.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-16 14:57 BST+0100


Meanwhile, here's what PC Specialist says:

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Case
InWIN GT1 BLACK GAMING CASE
Motherboard
ASUS® Z97-PRO GAMER: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM)
32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game with Select GTX 9 Series GPUs!
Free Item
FREE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT Game with Select GTX 9 Series GPUs!
1st Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
Corsair H55 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£39)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Windows 10 Upgrade
FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases*
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
BENQ GL2250HM LED 21.5" 1920 x 1080, 5MS, HDMI, D-SUB, DVI-D (£99)
Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£Cool
Keyboard & Mouse
CM Storm Devastator Keyboard and Mouse (£35)
Speakers
Microlab M700 2.1 High Fidelity Multimedia Speakers (£28)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity
1

Price: £1,636.00 including VAT and delivery.

Unique URL to re-configure: http://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/quotes/intel-haswell-pc/45vx42eYCg/






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by BG Cowboy on Sat 16 May 2015 - 16:15

Depends on the purpose of the PC.

For only gaming on a single 1080P screen then a 4790K, 16GB DDR3 and GTX970 will be plenty with enough left to step up to a GTX980 if you want to show off with absolutely everything turned up to 11.

For content creation (like video rendering) with a bit of gaming on the side then pushing the boat out for an X99 motherboard, 4820K and 32GB DDR4 might be worth it depending on how much you value your time.

The 8GB 290X in your PCPartPicker is pointless on a single screen and even 4GB versions will have enough VRAM for triple screen 1080P setups. If you want to spend that much money on a single GPU then get a GTX980.

BG Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 838
Location : The Garden of England
Registration date : 2012-08-14
Reputation : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 16:32

It's for video rendering and gaming.

Is the 4820 the six core one? I think thats a bit too expensive.

What difference does the motherboard make?

And I left the 290X on there by accident, should be the GTX980 Smile






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by HappyYapiYapo on Sat 16 May 2015 - 16:41

If you're video rendering then you want to buy an AMD graphics card & Processor. The architecture of them makes them super more efficient for that kind of thing while still being able to pop good FPS for gaming. I don't make videos so I went for GTX 970 and i7 4790k. Only built it a month ago Smile

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Monitor: LG 29.0" Ultra Widescreen Monitor

The actual computer cost me about £1000 but the monitor was 300 and desk was another 100






HappyYapiYapo

TORA Race Number : 494
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2262
Location : Hastings, UK
Registration date : 2012-08-15
Reputation : 78

http://www.happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by BG Cowboy on Sat 16 May 2015 - 17:20

Yeah, the 4820K is the six-core CPU. It fits in a different socket (2011-3) which requires a different motherboard chipset (X99) and different RAM (DDR4) compared to the 4790K (1150, Z97 and DDR3 respectively).

It depends how time critical the video rendering is. If they are projects you can leave running while away from the PC (eg. overnight or while at work) then both will be up to the job. If you are working on a few videos each day then the 4820K would certainly be worth considering.

AMD are worth a thought on smaller budgets but when you can afford to go for an i7 processor then they are no longer in the conversation.

Also worth considering a 256GB SSD as your primary boot drive, it makes the PC much nicer to use for daily tasks and the prices have come tumbling down recently.

BG Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 838
Location : The Garden of England
Registration date : 2012-08-14
Reputation : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 17:48

Ok I'll play around with it a bit. For the extra price, is PC Specialist worth it for the build, guarantee, warranty etc?






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Freheliaz on Sat 16 May 2015 - 18:33

You missed one major thing there.
An SSD. 128GB should be enough.
And I advice you to take an Nvida Graphics card,  as AMD sucks with their drivers atm. and new AMD cards are coming out soon. But they consume a lot of power.

As for buying your PC pre-assembled. I don't find it worth the money.
Warranty is the same as you would have build it yourself. 1 to 2 years on components. Nothing extra.
Assembling your own pc yes it's not hard but you need to be patient.



http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/forum

Achievements
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams

Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 626
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2014-03-06
Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by XPR Forbidden on Sat 16 May 2015 - 18:44

Standaman94 wrote:Thread Revival!

So I'm getting a monster PC, but I don't know a huge amount about said PCs.

Budget is roughly £1500, I'm looking for something with a i7 4790k (4Ghz), 32GB of RAM (if I need any more I'll just download it), a GTX 980 thingy card and at least 1TB of memory for all of my pirated music.

I'm torn between getting PC Specialist to do the dirty work, or buying the bits myself and most likely cocking up the build.

Here's a list from PC Part Picker:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£261.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (£46.18 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£81.54 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (£213.84 @ More Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card  (£375.78 @ Dabs)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£73.73 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer  (£12.36 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£110.02 @ Ebuyer)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£28.24 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£40.00 @ Scan.co.uk)
Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 1250 38W 2.1ch Speakers  (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1438.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-16 14:57 BST+0100


Meanwhile, here's what PC Specialist says:

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Case
InWIN GT1 BLACK GAMING CASE
Motherboard
ASUS® Z97-PRO GAMER: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM)
32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game with Select GTX 9 Series GPUs!
Free Item
FREE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT Game with Select GTX 9 Series GPUs!
1st Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
Corsair H55 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£39)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Windows 10 Upgrade
FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases*
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
BENQ GL2250HM LED 21.5" 1920 x 1080, 5MS, HDMI, D-SUB, DVI-D (£99)
Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£Cool
Keyboard & Mouse
CM Storm Devastator Keyboard and Mouse (£35)
Speakers
Microlab M700 2.1 High Fidelity Multimedia Speakers (£28)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity
1

Price: £1,636.00 including VAT and delivery.

Unique URL to re-configure: http://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/quotes/intel-haswell-pc/45vx42eYCg/

Not a bad build. Def want a SSD for the OS and video capturing. Don't go HDMI if you want to take advantage of a "monster" build. I'd go X99 chipset since it is what most new components will be aimed towards.

XPR Forbidden

TORA Race Number : 304
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 121
Location : USA
Registration date : 2013-12-29
Reputation : 0

http://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 20:09

XPR Forbidden wrote: Don't go HDMI if you want to take advantage of a "monster" build.
What do you mean?






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by XPR Forbidden on Sat 16 May 2015 - 20:43

DVI is better connection for PC.

XPR Forbidden

TORA Race Number : 304
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 121
Location : USA
Registration date : 2013-12-29
Reputation : 0

http://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 20:55

Ooh fair enough.

Here's a slightly different setup with the 6 core. Still £250 over budget though...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (£303.16 @ More Computers)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (£46.18 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£192.33 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Crucial 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£232.58 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£41.94 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£38.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£453.94 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£60.08 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£66.68 @ More Computers)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer  (£12.36 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£110.02 @ Ebuyer)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£28.24 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Asus VX228H 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  (£114.13 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  (£26.28 @ Ebuyer)
Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 1250 38W 2.1ch Speakers  (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1767.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-16 20:54 BST+0100

Are there, by any chance, places where I can take the parts for it to be assembled for a reasonable price?






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sat 16 May 2015 - 22:14

What's the deal with buying a lesser RAM stick now (say, 16GB) and then buying more sticks later on down the line? How does that all work?






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sun 17 May 2015 - 9:10

Need to order something today, all help is appreciated!!






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by BG Cowboy on Sun 17 May 2015 - 14:28

You can add more RAM later very easily, you can even mix and match brands as long as specs are the same.
Faster RAM offers very little benefit but I wouldn't go lower than 1600MHz.

I really would go for a 250GB SSD as a minimum these days. I run a 128GB SSD and even though I don't have much on it, I'm below 30GB space left. For the relatively small extra outlay now, it will save a load of hassle upgrading to a higher capacity one at a later date.

BG Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 838
Location : The Garden of England
Registration date : 2012-08-14
Reputation : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by XPR Forbidden on Sun 17 May 2015 - 14:57

Just make sure you know what the limits of RAM are on your mobo and processor. Also know how many slots are avaliable.

XPR Forbidden

TORA Race Number : 304
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 121
Location : USA
Registration date : 2013-12-29
Reputation : 0

http://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sun 17 May 2015 - 15:22

I think this is pretty much it. Going for Quad Core rather than the 6, can't see the need for 6 really. And if I need to, I can always upgrade with more cores and better motherboard later down the line. Hopefully it'l be a bit cheaper then too.

Got dem RAMs, a bit more SSD memory, and saved a bit of dolla on cooling, the case, and power.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£262.98 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£43.95 @ Amazon UK)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 Tri-Linear 2.7g Thermal Paste (£3.80 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£81.54 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£189.66 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£81.90 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.23 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (£453.94 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case (£60.08 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£63.31 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer (£12.36 @ CCL Computers)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£28.24 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Asus VX228H 60Hz 21.5" Monitor (£114.03 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse (£26.28 @ Ebuyer)
Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 1250 38W 2.1ch Speakers (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1502.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-17 15:20 BST+0100






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by HCR Solar on Sun 17 May 2015 - 15:28

I dont know everything about the inside of my PC alls i can say is.

Processor - AMD FX-6300 3.5ghx Six Core
GFX - ATI Radeon 7870 Series 2gb
Ram - 8Gb Ram
Monitors - i Have 2 32" Sony bravia TV, and a 17" Dell Monitor
Keyboard and Mouse - Red Dragon Gaming Mouse and Keyboard
Headset - Sades SA-902
Capture Card - Elgato HD
Power Supply unit - thats a 500W + 80

thats all i can think off atm, but it does the job for me lol






HCR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2163
Location : England
Registration date : 2014-07-18
Reputation : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Freheliaz on Sun 17 May 2015 - 19:08

Why are you buying such an expensive Wireless adapter?
Also do you really use that? Because a wired connection is much more stable.
And I would stick with the Nocuta cooler because that makes a lot less sound.



http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/forum

Achievements
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams

Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 626
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2014-03-06
Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by XPR Forbidden on Sun 17 May 2015 - 22:01

Standaman94 wrote:I think this is pretty much it. Going for Quad Core rather than the 6, can't see the need for 6 really. And if I need to, I can always upgrade with more cores and better motherboard later down the line. Hopefully it'l be a bit cheaper then too.

Got dem RAMs, a bit more SSD memory, and saved a bit of dolla on cooling, the case, and power.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.98 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£43.95 @ Amazon UK)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 Tri-Linear 2.7g Thermal Paste  (£3.80 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£81.54 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£189.66 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£81.90 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£39.23 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£453.94 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£60.08 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.31 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer  (£12.36 @ CCL Computers)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£28.24 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Asus VX228H 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  (£114.03 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  (£26.28 @ Ebuyer)
Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 1250 38W 2.1ch Speakers  (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1502.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-17 15:20 BST+0100

Minimum would be new Mobo, new cpu, new RAM, and new CPU cooler if you upgrade later. So basically a new build at that point.

XPR Forbidden

TORA Race Number : 304
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 121
Location : USA
Registration date : 2013-12-29
Reputation : 0

http://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Standaman94 on Sun 17 May 2015 - 22:10

But I won't have to buy a case, monitor, all that gubbins. Most of the cost is going to the GPU, so as long as that lasts I'm all good.






If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7304
Location : Colchester, UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14
Reputation : 163

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming PC Help!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum