TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
First year in TORA  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
First year in TORA  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
First year in TORA  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
First year in TORA  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
First year in TORA  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
First year in TORA  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
First year in TORA  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
First year in TORA  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
First year in TORA  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

First year in TORA

Go down

First year in TORA  Empty First year in TORA

Wow, what a year!
Being one of the newest teams in TORA we knew it would be hard to get out there and we didnt know if we would even be competitive.

Our first race was way back in March for the 12hours at Sebring. We signed up a week beofre Qualiflying started, so after picking a car and a little practise/tuning we were onto the unknown. To me and I think the whole teams surprize we Qualiflyied a mightly P4 in GTE class thanks to the monster of a lap by Jamie. (iTeknix) He took the start and after the 2 hours leading the class overall.
Our consistant driving though the race put us near to the head of the field this ment we finished in a fantastic 4th place in class. Not bad for our first event. Very Happy

Lemans 24hrs was amazing. Using all the knowlage gained from Sebring we entered our second TORA event in GTE hoping to take the Ferrari F430 to similar results however the Audi R8 was our weapon of choise.
Jamie again did a stella job taking the first stint(s) driving for 6 hours and getting quicker each stint.
After a great 18 hour long battling with M&M,F4H to name a few the Audi suffered electrical issues and resulting in losing a whole stint sitting in the pitlane. Sad
But hope was not lost we fought back up the field to achive a respectable 9th in GTE class. Still good for a young Team.

During the summer after Lemans we got talking about if we should expand into any other TORA events discussions grew and we decided that we should go for TORA GT's. After numours hours testing all the cars we picked the Porsche 997.
After a few rounds getting used to the level of competition we were up aganist we started climbing lobbys and positions.
All three of us gaining experience every lap. Jamie getting into Lobby A and Tom and I into Lobby B/C around the half way mark.

Midway though the season. A few friends got intrested into TORA and entered cars. These included IBlueIJaBBRexI in his Ford GT, Gunnerman1100 in a Porsche 997 both entering as Privateer's. We also had a sister team called Runny Chicken Racing using the Merc SLS GT3 Rambo Dophin and SAS v Bennet all of which got some impressive results.
As the season wore on the level of competition was something I had not expected but after the final round at IMS we had made a good impression.
Acheving 9th in the teams standings. Very Happy

Around the same time as the GT's were starting the ISCC american leg was also getting underway. Tom signed for a LMP2 team. Whilst Jamie had a contract with Muscle Milk ATR.
Myself decided to go for the slower GTC porsche cup car in Haribo Racing I was surprised with the pace I had in the car towards the end of the season.
Results in ISCC were very promising with a 1st in Privateer class and 2nd overall in GTC.
Our sister team drivers from GT's joined in the fun with Rambo Dolphin driving a Porsche 997 and SAS V Bennett in a Mclaren MP4-12C.
In GTC Gunnerman1100 entered the final two round in a Porsche GT3 cup car his first race at IMS achived a outstanding 4th place.
I have to give my thanks to Mark for that 4th place as I might not have got my GTC privateer win if it wasnt for him. I owe you one mate! Cheers

Jr TCC championship was entered by Tom in his little twingo he drove the wheels off the thing and brought home some fantastic results achiving 4th place in the drivers standings.

Britcar 24hours we entered in PGT with a Acura NSX we showed consistant race pace once again challanging the bigger teams around us.
Even with a car/class change electric gremlins still found a way in and in stint 2 the NSX ground to a halt after 44 miles. We dropped to stone dead last. A small team talk in the pits and spirts were lifted again as darkness fell and the night shift stints were in action as cars around us ran into problems and our consistant pace we climbed back into contension.
I my second stint around midnight I had a hour or more long battle with Mandown49 in his Aston.
As night turned into day we crossed the line 5th in class.

Nurburgring 8 hours was for the first time 2 cars entering with Jamie and Tom in a Honda Civic 07 and Myself and james (IBlueIJaBBRexI) in a Audi TT.
Results for the Honda Team were outstanding with a 4th place in SP3 and the Audi a respectable 13th.

With all the racing over for 2012 and the cars packed back in the garage back at base eyes are set to 2013 with the return of the GT's.

The teams have already been entered and grown to a huge 7 drivers in 3 teams running under the Dynamic Motorsports banner we all are looking to impress and better our results across the 2013 season.

DM team Italia-Lamborghini GT3
iiTz SPiDeRzZ
IBlueIJaBBRexI

Dynamic Motorsports BMW -BMW Z4
iTeknix
Rambo Dolphin

DM Haribo Racing -Porsche 997 (2007)
Gunnerman1100
LMR Scuderia
Shrinkingsteven

Would like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to all my Team mates and guys in the padock who helped with tunes ect.
Also all the TORA staff who ran the show week in week out putting in so much effort to make it one of, if not the place for online racing. Thankyou!

Cannot wait to get back on track but enjoying a nice long winter break before testing begins again mid Janurary. Hmmm what to play now on xbox......

anyways Happy christmas and thanks for reading. See you on track.

Yours
Steven (Shrinkingsteven) Cheers

Last edited by ShrinkingSteven on Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 10:37; edited 1 time in total
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

First year in TORA :: Comments

F4H Lotterer

Post Mon 17 Dec 2012 - 14:16 by F4H Lotterer

great write up steven Cool