TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

+51
LAPI74
Texaspotatolord
ATR DAN
CreamyTastey
PROD DTechR
CredibleWizard
Amarth
Adder 020
SnippetyOggy86
Markius Fox
AMR of the Apex
SorrySmithy
BAM Python
tsaFooT
BG Scarlett
Morne in Glory
CQR D4N13L
Ax4x Chaddy
TG Wormburner
Ax4x Cowboy
Wooflers
F4H Lotterer
XXX Skyrocket
CD 195
BG Wingnut396
WhoIsJohn117
LMR DarthMario
CQR Deuce
ART Carrera
BG Wumba
Richy59
PrInCeUKER
F4H Bullet
Hailfire97x
Crisis Nine
Hainesy
SFM Benedict
LastNewtStandin
CQR HABURi
TfR Milton
CQR Jono
The Posimosh
SECR Marko1100
CQR Rogue
JAMIE ANDERS0N
ShrinkingSteven
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Bandit
CQR Cobblepop
RumbleBee 392
CQR Aero
55 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 23:26

lol! cant have a vamr if we run spec clios all year.....

Only joking Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

Post by ATR DAN Sat 6 Apr 2013 - 9:02

SelectiveRogue wrote: lol! cant have a vamr if we run spec clios all year.....

Only joking Smile

Trust you to comment Mr VW Beetle fan! lol lol! lol!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sat 6 Apr 2013 - 10:44

Oh Dan....not 'THAT' again..... lol!
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:36

So I take it that this is being brushed under the carpet because the season is over?

Are you hoping that by waiting long enough then you can't retroactively apply a rule change because the current one is fundamentally flawed?

What's going on?

Question
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:46

The next season is next year, HEAPS of time for rule changing, why should we rush out next seasons rules now? It may not be on FM5 anyway.

Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:45

Because with other endurance events on TORA's calendar, there is the possibility of a DNQ driver being in the position to be credited laps in other races too.

By establishing a rule now then it means that you will have something to apply should the same situation occur at a future date.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 18:35

Im sure the staff have spoken about it for ISCC and TEC
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:19

CQR Franchitti wrote:Im sure the staff have spoken about it for ISCC and TEC
How sure?
You're not staff so you wouldn't have been involved in the conversation.

Please leave it for the staff to respond. Smile
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:52

I talk to some of them often Luke and I'm very sure they have.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 22:48

CQR Franchitti wrote:I talk to some of them often Luke and I'm very sure they have.
Please, Chaddy, leave it. I have no issues with you and do not want you to become involved with an issue that, for want of a better phrase, is above your pay grade.

My issue is with the instantaneous ruling that was made and how it adversely affects those who qualify vs. those who do not.
I have provided an alternative rule set that is far more comprehensive along with what I believe to good, logical reasoning as to why it is the superior choice.

I'm wanting a direct response from staff and not some Chinese whispers.

Has what I've said been taken on board? Is it being discussed by staff? If it is, why has nothing been said? Is a rule change on the cards? If so, are the results of the final round going to be corrected retroactively?
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 11:10

BG Cowboy wrote:
CQR Franchitti wrote:I talk to some of them often Luke and I'm very sure they have.
Please, Chaddy, leave it. I have no issues with you and do not want you to become involved with an issue that, for want of a better phrase, is above your pay grade.

My issue is with the instantaneous ruling that was made and how it adversely affects those who qualify vs. those who do not.
I have provided an alternative rule set that is far more comprehensive along with what I believe to good, logical reasoning as to why it is the superior choice.

I'm wanting a direct response from staff and not some Chinese whispers.

Has what I've said been taken on board? Is it being discussed by staff? If it is, why has nothing been said? Is a rule change on the cards? If so, are the results of the final round going to be corrected retroactively?

There was no precedent to go by in this situation, however my reasoning was explained (maybe I shouldn't do that any more because it just opens cans of worms) and was sound. Simply because a decision is made quickly does not mean it is wrong. Nor does the fact that you disagree with the decision mean you are right. A decision was able to be made quickly because I have a firm grasp of my reasoning for the way the points etc are calculated because I created and maintain the majority of the system. That's not to say I haven't considered your argument, but I don't find it to be a better or reasonable assumption. I am looking into the circumstances for future series rules, but it may or may not be relevant to the specific series you mentioned (ISCC and TEC) anyway depending on how those races are scored/distances measured. The results for the GT series are now final and will not be changed. Chad was trying to be helpful, and was correct in everything he said. Your tone suggests a level of contempt/disrespect towards him that I find offensive.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 12:39

OK, results are final - issue is dead/swept under the carpet/whatever you want to call it. Smile

Naturally you, having made the ruling in the first place, would believe that you were right to make the ruling you did under the circumstances you did. I never said that as the ruling was made quickly that it was wrong or that because I disagree with the outcome it that it was wrong. The only thing that makes you more right is your level as a staff member, that you got to make the rule in the first place and that changing it now would be admitting that you were wrong to make the initial ruling in the way that you did.

People ask for second opinions all the time and rules are often reviewed by a committee before they are approved (something I acknowledge could not have happened in this situation). Therefore there was nothing unreasonable (to my mind) about asking for a second set of eyes and ears, with a similar level of seniority, impartiality, experience and respect to look over the ruling you made vs. the alternative I offered.

Chad was trying to be helpful and, to a certain extent, he was. However, I was wanting a direct response from staff and I made that clear. To try and suggest anything about the tone of a post when all you have is the written word is quite frankly ridiculous (borderline offensive to me) and suggests more about they way you are reading it than the way it was intended.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 14:02

Cowboy were you the only person to ignore Aero's first response?

He gave his reasoning and to be honest your making a mountain out a mole hill.

Many TORA staff had acknowledged they would look into the system after your idea but the relentless posting demanding that your idea is correct and points should be changed will only in my eyes annoy the people who have any say on the rules. Chaddy was helping in what he posted and tried to give you and insight as to what staff where talking about, but to continually ignore his response and demand any answer from staff is ridiculous. Aero should of just locked this thread as the attitude that came across in your post did not deserve the response you demanded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 14:31

Chris - I saw Aero's first post, did you miss the part where he said "I welcome the discussion and am open to considering alternative rationales"

It had been a week without updates so I had wondered if my 'alternative rationale' had been taken on board and considered at all by the staff. If it had been and a rule change was imminent, Would it only apply to cases going forward or would it also be applied retroactively to the last round of the GTs too.

CQR Aero answered - case closed.

While Chaddy may have good connections with the staff, he should not be speaking on their behalf as he is not staff (unless he is?). It's helpful to know that the staff might be talking about it but without hearing from the staff themselves, nobody can be certain about what is happening.

And now you're jumping in too for some reason? scratch
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 14:39

I wouldnt say im jumping in as i have posted many times on the subject.

If you wanted a direct response from staff only, use the magical link to private messaging. That way rather than come across in messages which would be taken by anyone as disrespectful the person it is intended for will help you only.

Why should a rule be thought of in a week? There is no season 11 so there is plenty of time. Would you rather TORA rushed into a rule and it caused more issues then it did sort? I dont think so.

I dont think anyone would of even had this problem if it wasnt with a VAMR in the first place. As many people have benifitted in the past through the same ruling. But the constant barrage of messages that the results should be changed when they were final is ridiculous. Aero wanted opinions for future series not on one were he cleared up his decision for everyone to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 15:25

OK - let me clear something up - THERE WAS NO MALICE, DISRESPECT OR AGGRESSION INTENDED IN ANY OF MY POSTS.

The only usergroup I can PM is the 'Race Marshals'. I felt that PMing each staff member individually may have come across as undermining CQR Aero which is why I posted in this thread.

If CQR Aero can make a rule in 1 minute, asking for discussion over a week later shouldn't be a problem, right? Laughing

^yes, that was meant in jest^

Constant barrage of messages that the results should be changed?
The thread was dead for a week and even then I asked about an update on a suggestion about a rule change. Not once in this thread did I see that my 'alternative rationale' had been noted and will be considered for future series. Any race with an endurance element could have exactly the same situation happen (where someone with a DNQ is in a position to get a lap credited back to them).

Finally, to suggest that nobody would have had a problem if it wasn't with VAMR is the biggest load of nonsensical BS I have EVER heard. MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 Bs

I'm done posting in this thread. CQR Franchitti is a nice guy who was trying to be helpful. CQR Aero spoke on behalf of the staff and gave me an answer from them. Now CHRiS is just piling on top trying to make something out of nothing.

Have a nice day Hello
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 15:34

BG Cowboy wrote:I'm done posting in this thread.

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 15 3ry5ql
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 15:40

Well it happened many times throughout the series, yet this one seems to be the one that is being used. So wouldnt it of meant a whole season on results redone just to suit one occasion a place was lost?

I wouldnt really say im piling on top i would say im having my opionion as you are entitled to yours, isnt that what you wanted? Right?

Oh well thats my OPINION on matters as it involved a CQR driver who gained a place by being quick enough to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 16:12

When is this going to be archived? And from a neutral point of view I get Cowboys reasoning. However, we are all respectable & fair to each other on track & that should be reflected on the forums.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 2:25

CQR CHRiS wrote:
Why should a rule be thought of in a week? There is no season 11 so there is plenty of time. Would you rather TORA rushed into a rule and it caused more issues then it did sort? I dont think so.

That's funny because the rule implemented was decided on in a matter of seconds, instead of actually planning beforehand and then blaming the previous GT organizer when the instantaneous ruling got found out (which it did) and even when there were better suggestions raised.

BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 18:31

Cowboy asked why there hadn't been an update with the rules in a week since he last posted. Which he has the right to ask about. Since the results are final now, why should a change of rule be rushed. If the staff feel the need to spend longer looking into making the best rules they can then so be it, whether its a week or a month, it doesn't matter how long it takes.

What are people expecting TORA to do. Change the rules after the season, and then change the results of the finished season retrospectively? If there's a flaw with the rules you can't just go back and undo whatever effects the rules had. In real-world motorsports, using MSA guidelines, you cant just change the rules and then the results to suite whoever wants to moan about it.

Aero used his best judgement to apply the rules fairly based on previous precedent. To change the rules and the results of this race, he would have to go back and change the results of all the other Enduro rounds.

Look, at the end of the day, the season's over, deal with it and move on.

CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 18:45

Yes season is over , but you can catch the action on motors tv next week:)
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:09

already TIVO'd it

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 20:16

Got it series linked already!
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 20:34

Me too can't wait to see it....is it the tora team commentating ? I think its fair to say you'll get quite a bit of coverage Dan can't wait to see the Aston on the telly Very Happy
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15