TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM

Go down

Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM Empty Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM

SRT Motorsports today announced that Ryan Dalziel has joined the team, completing the organization’s driver lineup for the 2013 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Dalziel is the latest addition to the two-car SRT Motorsports team that includes Tommy Kendall, Marc Goossens, Kuno Wittmer, Dominik Farnbacher and Jonathan Bomarito. All six drivers will be participating in the ALMS open test session today and Friday at Sebring (Fla.) Int’l Raceway in preparation for the season opening 12 Hours of Sebring on March 16 at the 3.7-mile road course.

“Ryan Dalziel is an excellent addition to our SRT Motorsports team,” said Beth Paretta, Director of Marketing and Operations – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. “He’s an accomplished racer and his intensity complements the enthusiasm of our team. Now, we turn our focus to final preparation of our Viper GTS-Rs for a full ALMS schedule and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.”

Dalziel replaces Ryan Hunter-Reay who has other commitments this season.

“We’re elated we had a chance to interview Ryan and provide insight about our approach to the racing program,” said SRT Motorsports Racing Manager Gary Johnson. “We knew immediately that he was going to fit right in with the team. He compliments our driver’s racing savvy, their commitment to succeed. Ryan has been very successful on the track. I’ve had the opportunity to see him win in all the key races that we’ll be competing in this season. He’s the right piece of the puzzle we were seeking.”

Dalziel, a native Scotsman, has been racing sports cars since 2005. Among his career victories are the Rolex 24 at Daytona, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. Most of his success has come in prototypes.

“A lot of my decision to join SRT Motorsports was based around how much solid progress was made by the team last year,” he said. “I truly believe that the car is going to win races this year. Hopefully, it’s the one I’m in. It’s a very good project with great people behind it. I have no doubt that it’s going to be a successful program.”
Dalziel was immediately attracted to the “family atmosphere” of the SRT Motorsports team.

“For me, one of the most important things and probably one of the things that stood out when I met with the good people at SRT was, it is run almost like a family,” Dalziel said. “I think the best success that you can get in business and in racing is having a family relationship. I’m very much looking forward to it.

“I already know a lot of the people involved in the program and I’m looking forward to getting to know the people that I don’t know. I know a lot of people from Riley Technologies and have worked with Bill Riley for many years. The core group, along with Riley Technology and SRT, is a recipe for success. I can’t wait to get aboard and have a successful year.

“To me, chemistry, relationships and personalities are the most important thing. I don’t think SRT Motorsports would have picked me if they didn’t think I was going to gel and vice-versa. For me, I didn’t need proof that the car was going to be fast; I know the car is going to be good. I just want to make sure that we all get along. To me, being involved in racing as long as I have, having good relationships and good chemistry is 90 percent of the battle. The other 10 percent, you know, is a lot of the stuff that we can’t control.”

SRT Motorsports teamed with Riley Technologies, based in Mooresville, N.C., on the design-and-build process of the SRT Viper GTS-R. Two identically prepared cars will compete in the GT Class in the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón.

The detailed driver lineup for each Viper GTS-R will be announced prior to the 12 Hours of Sebring

-SRTmotorsports.com

http://www.srtmotorsports.com/news/pr/05/srt-motorsports-ryan-dalziel-joins-srt-motorsports-team.html
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ryan Dalziel to drive for SRT in ALMS and LM :: Comments

XPR Roadrunner

Post Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 0:28 by XPR Roadrunner

awesome!

Back to top Go down

F4H Lotterer

Post Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 10:24 by F4H Lotterer

a 2012 champion Shocked thats one beast driver you have signed

Back to top Go down

Noland35F

Post Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 17:56 by Noland35F

I was looking at the Sebring Entry List this morning and I had to do a double take when I saw him in the SRT lineup, this is awesome news! I don't think they could have signed anyone better.

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 18:16 by XPR Roadrunner

I KNOW!!! :DDD

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down