TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign

Go down

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign Empty MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign

First off, apologies for the lack of action in this area, but unfortunately things have been extremely hectic at the start of this year and the media team has been, well this sums it up nicely!!

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign Manager_overload

We have seen a couple of teams in the Endurance events in Season Ten of the MSA GT Series, the MGR Hankook team of MicroSte, MGR S7EVEN and MGR Jamesd49, as well as the WRT MooGin Audi Works team of MGR Ginge, MGR Wheelwash, MGR Iceman and MGR Tateatua, unfortunately, again, MGR Iceman and MGR Taeatua have yet to be seen as work commitments, especially in the case of Mr T have got a bit silly. But with two rounds down and two to go, both teams are very much competing for experience more than points to be honest.

The MGR Hankook team is also competing in the Sprint Series, well when MGR S7EVEN remembers to sign in, lol!! That team is currently preparing for Hockenheimring this weekend and another chance to build up the TORA experience. We do have a weekly diary of the team in various places and i have stole the bits written about the Endurance side of the MSA GT Championship so far, along with a few photos.

Last week saw the Endurance side of the MSA GT Championship start on TORA. MGR have seven members of the team campaigning the Endurance side of the series, although spread across just two teams, as the WRT Audi team is made up of members not able to make every round and only saw one for the opening round at Sunset peninsula in MGR Wheelwash, the MGR Hankook team though had two of there three members up and ready in MicroSte and MGR S7EVEN, all three in the same qualifying group and all three hitting a qualifying time within 0.06 seconds of each other, meaning they all started together in Lobby C, making team Photos a nice easy challenge to accomplish.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8399477639_11162027bc_c

See, opening lap of the race, coming up to turn two, its like we planned it, lol!! All in all, a good solid start for the three drivers, MicroSte taking the honours in the inter team rivalry bit, finishing a good couple of thousand feet ahead of MGR S7EVEN and MGR Wheelwash is a bit thick, calculating his mileage completely wrong and coming down pit road for the first time on Lap Eight instead of Lap Twelve, i thought everyone was getting good mileage, this unfortunately meant that the last stint was a 15 lapper and that one thing discovered in practice was that after lap twelve, the tyres fall off a cliff, so the final three laps, a total of four positions given up overall in the standings and to cap it off, the tyres were 100% worn crossing the line, parking up to take the times, he couldnt slow down from 28 mph in time and hit MGR S7EVEN in a comedy slow motion stop kind of deal, the MGR body shop wasnt happy!!

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8399477619_2f0f6b2aa6_n MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8399477493_0bd2860179_n

A couple of really nice paints from Lobby Three, IBlueIJaBBexI's Lamborghini and the SLS of XPR Soundwave certainly showing the quality from the paint department. Perhaps a slight shame that of the 209 signed up, less than half were on show for the opening round of the series, but 97 was a bad starting figure and kudos to the organisation of the event which was top notch and extremely efficient. Next Sunday sees the Sprint Series starting, the MGR Hankook team of MGR S7EVEN, MicroSte and MGR Jamesd49 are all ready for the challenge that is Catalunya GP in the Lotus Evora Type 124 and glad to get some race tyres fitted to the thing as well!!

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8399477759_a4e831e8b8_c

The return of the Enduro Series is in three weeks, at Twin Ring Motegi, which happens to be the favourite venue of a certain MGR Ginge, so big things will be expected from El Presidente.

The TORA GT Endurance Season reached Round Two on Sunday evening as Twin Ring Motegi played host to the GT cars. The MGR Hankook and MooGin WRT Audi teams were both two strong, the Audi R8 of MGR Wheelwash and MGR Ginge are competing in just the Endurance events and it was the #555 machine of MGR Ginge that did the business in qualifying, making the third lobby in the 75 man field. For MGR Wheelwash, pole in Lobby Four, the lead MGR Hankook Team Lotus Evora alongside in second place in Lobby Four, with MGR S7EVEN just another row back.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8464249081_28a43925fd_c

The good qualifying performance from MGR Ginge and a good start to the race was foiled by a lagout an hour into the event, which was a real downer for El Presidente, being on his favourite track and really getting the Audi work well. In the other Audi R8, MGR Wheelwash led from start to finish in the Lobby, racking up a 22nd place finish overall in GT3, which after the disappointing qualifying performance, was some consolation.

The MGR Hankook guys finished pretty much together, racking in 149 miles each. MicroSte is currently the best placed overall, lying in 41st place currently, and the Sprint Series continues this Sunday, as the Hockenheimring plays host to the three Sprint races and the quest continues for the MSA GT Championship in GT3 and GT4.

We are lucky in MGR as we do like a photo or two, so heres a small selection of some taken so far, from both the Sprint and Endurance Series, also featuring a few paints that have caught the eye along the way, as we do like a paint or two.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8358363178_c0b5fafe51_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8399477475_6a431738c4_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8464249143_e0d01745fa_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8463535786_6b15f8d757_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8463535406_df1c6aab0a_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8463535896_55f1a7e4f9_c

and a few of the Sprint Series

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8443375449_ff40b90d7b_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8442229867_7ea0154502_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8443321252_d7cde6a5b5_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8423594778_096bbef87a_c

Theres loads more about in various places in which we get about and hopefully we shall keep this ticking over better in the near future. We may well have a couple of victims attempting the Touring Cars on a Tuesday evening and in the main, the focus is very much on the Sebring 12hr, the first main event on TORA for the 2013 campaign.
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign :: Comments

ATP Wheelwash

Post Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:16 by ATP Wheelwash

Round Three of the MSA GT Endurance Championship was last Sunday, at the Nurburgring GP Circuit. Just the two members from each of the two MGR teams on show, the Works WRT MooGin Audi had MGR Wheelwash and MGR Ginge ever present, with MicroSte and MGR Lightning making his TORA debut in the MGR Hankook Lotus Evora.

MGR Ginge was the star of the night overall, but he was out done in qualifying by a stunning lap from MicroSte, knocking a good few tenths of his personal best and only just missing out on the prize of a Lobby Two appearance. Unfortunately for the MGR Hankook man, a lagout on just Lap Four meant an early shower. MGR Ginge took the team honours, by just five seconds from his rival and team mate MGR Wheelwash.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8527925342_bb63118c44_c
MGR Ginge made Lobby Three and finished the evening 19th overall...............

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8526810101_198f4a819e_c
...................... while Nemesis MGR Wheelwash was in Lobby Four and finished five seconds slower than El Presidente, but finished 18th overall. Obviously the huge wedge of cash helping ease the situation nicely.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8526809959_cef14d7157_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8526810095_4ef622b0a8_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8527925072_56266ba246_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8527925120_49f76b9345_c

A few eyecatching paints from amongst the evening across the lobbies, only know that F4H Carrera is the bottom shot, having made Lobby Five this week, yes ok, he missed qualifying, it took me a while to register as well when i recognised the paint from another series.

MGR Lightning made a solid start in Lobby Five, having a real ding dong scrap with Bandit1097 all night, split by 0.001 seconds in qualifying, at the end of the 105 minute race, were still split by just under a second. MicroSte unfortunately had an early bath, as he lagged out on just Lap Four of the race in Lobby Three, which was a shame after the massive personal best time in qualifying.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8526809891_63c52e1254_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8526810245_6f9352b90e_c
Thankfully, MGR Lightning did have some success in Lobby Five .......................

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8527925530_7de2b7efc4_c
.................... racking up 158 miles and a 28th overall place finish which he was more than happy with on debut.

Of course there has been the Sprint Series going on inbetween as well, just the MGR Hankook team in this bit of the series, mainly because the WRT MooGin Audi drivers are old Sunday drivers that struggle to keep the pace with the youth of today.....

....... never had this problem when i was a lad, i remember Fish & Chips cost a pound and were wrapped in Newspaper, the ink had lead in it, the paper was fresh tree oh and all this was fields, they were the days!!

Oops, slightly drifting off line there, right then, the Sprint Series has visited Hockenheimring and Road America in the two rounds since the last post and due to the unique way in which MGR Wheelwash is funded, heres a few random pictures from those two rounds.

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8485393705_7c82d0a788_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8486485086_f3d18ed3e9_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8485393965_2474b8b4df_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8486485332_51bed620eb_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8505637401_10688ceb4a_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8505637523_846c443341_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8506746786_15a77629f1_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8506756996_9ff393f62a_c

MGR and Season Ten of the MSA GT Endurance Campaign 8506757004_995c0e6470_c

Many thanks to MicroSte and MGR Jamesd49 for the replays and photos from the Sprint Series, i would give name checks, but i havent got a clue who anyone is unfortunately and i will be honest, i cant be a**ed to look up names and numbers, you could say thats a lack of commitment, i would probably agree with you!!

The finale of the GT Endurance campaign is at Silverstone at the end of the month, which of course is Easter Sunday and the day we celebrate an extra hour of light in the evening in the UK as BST kicks in. The Sprint Championship continues next weekend on TORA at the tricky Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, MGR S7EVEN, MicroSte and MGR Jamesd49 will be back and raring to go.

Until next time then!!

Back to top Go down

ShrinkingSteven

Post Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:09 by ShrinkingSteven

Nice write up Cool

Some amamzing photo's there too great to see, all the best with the season to come.

Back to top Go down

ART Carrera

Post Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 2:13 by ART Carrera

Great photos buddy you caught one of yourself chasing my Mclaren in Road america and one of my car spitting fire Wink

Back to top Go down

ATP Wheelwash

Post Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 11:40 by ATP Wheelwash

Thank you, i will admit, the flame spitting Viper has been a popular photo, had a few nice comments about that one in the various places it was posted, and i will admit, i was really happy with that one.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down