TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Race Hosts EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Race Hosts EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Race Hosts EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Race Hosts EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Race Hosts EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Race Hosts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Race Hosts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Race Hosts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Race Hosts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Race Hosts

4 posters

Go down

Race Hosts Empty Race Hosts

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 20:24

If you ever decide to look over my 3567 posts I have so far made not many will be of me moaning. But here is one

Last night was a complete mess, I wouldnt feel so bad if the people I decided to be hosts for the night was not officail tora race marshals but you guys are you all applied for the task that we can relay upon yourselves to step up and help out the night.

First off I sent out party invites and just getting no responses from them, we need you as soon as possible so we can get the invites out and get everyone in a lobby ready for 8.

Secondly the race settings have been posted up since Monday 18th February in this section named TCC/NATCC race settings but more then one of you did not have the settings saved.

Thirdly not having access to look at Live Timing, this is key as the reading of names out is messy and time consuming.

Fourthly talking in the party should be minimal unless talking about your lobby to the chief marshal as trying to talk over others is too hard.

Fifthly (is that even a word) not knowing the grid orders for the race and having to say how the grids will be on the night just means you have not read the rules and this is a must, the same with asking about safety cars.

Sixly (now that aint a word) make sure you have the correct times from the qualifying and when reading them back either say then in the order they are on Live Timing or say the name (fully) wait until in putter has said yes then read out the time.

Seventhly (and nor is that) when you open your lobby set it to invites only and that will stop the random people who should not be in your lobby joining

All of the above slowed the evening down. Please make sure that you have the settings saved and ready on xbox live at 19:30 to accept a party invite. Hosts are not listed till after 7 as that is when the thread closes.

Rant over for now
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Race Hosts Empty Re: Race Hosts

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 20:29

Jamie you have done a great job lately, I'm sorry that I didnt just jump straight into the host Party but everything was running smooth on my end and knew Id be fine lol

Last edited by CQR Franchitti on Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 20:58

I applaud your effort to bring on new hosts Jamie, as it's about as unfair/unrealistic to ask the guys that I always call on for hosting to always be around to host, as it is for me to be around to wrangle them.

Last night, and to a lesser extent Sunday night (from what I've heard) highlights the need to bring them up to speed sooner/quicker and/or in an environment away from our big race nights (e.g. practice hosting mid-week, or not using a new volunteer host until we've physically talked them through the hosting procedure, and verified they have the lobby settings saved (again, mid-week).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:04

Totally agree with that aero but I feel we will hit brick walls with it also as I am asking people about live timing they are up for it but once I set a date no one wants to show
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:07

I don't go near Live Timing as I'm scared I'll F it up lol
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:10

I had live timing up on my screen pretty much all evening, making sure I knew who was in what lobby and checking people off as they joined, the settings iv had saved for a few weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:14

Don't know what happened, but I know I'm always ready should I be needed. For Hockenhiem was called to host a race lobby and felt it went smooth. Really just comes to people being prepared.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down