TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record

Go down

New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record Empty New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record

yup, the newly announced SRT Viper TA (Time Attack) just beat the old C6 ZR1 for the production car record at Laguna Seca.

Motortrend updated it's article from December when the Pre-Production SRT Viper GTS went head to head and was beaten by the C6 ZR1 Vette. Ralph Gilles insisted that the 2 second difference from the vette to the Viper was because the ZR1 was using Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires (which are semi-slicks) vs the Vipers Pirelli P-Zero Corsas (which aren't).

Motortrend insisted it was because the Viper didn't handle well enough despite the two tire models.

So Ralph advanced the development of the Viper TA by some SIX MONTHS in order to reclaim the title. The car was originally supposed to debut later in the year at the LA Auto Show, but unveiled the car instead to Motortrend.

The car has a reworked suspension and better Brembo brakes vs the old Stop-Tech's. The car is still on the same P-Zero Corsa's that are on the GTS. It also has functional Carbon Fibre splitter and Spoiler which add 300lbs of downforce to the car.

The new TA version costs less than the GTS but more than the standard Viper.

check it out:

New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record 2014-SRT-Viper-TA-homepage

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1303_2014_srt_viper_ta/
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

New Variant of the SRT Viper re-claims Laguna Seca Track Record :: Comments

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:42 by Texaspotatolord

I'm loving the Viper Corvette battle that's shaping up.

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:50 by LMR DarthMario

this somehow doesn't feel like a complete battle w/o a car from the "Blue Oval" camp. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 23:17 by MOPAR001

Yeah, I really wish Ford would get into the ALMS GT class with a factory team. Thus bringing them into this battle as well.

As for the OP, really great to see the Viper doing well now. The only thing I don't understand is why they just don't put on the Micheline Cup tires on the Viper and then run it. Seems like that would remove any doubt from the SRT camp.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 23:43 by Texaspotatolord

Cause they're silly.

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 23:52 by XPR Roadrunner

cuz of FIAT. They probably got a good deal on the Pirelli's vs the old Michelins Pilot Sports that they used to have on them

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Mar 2013 - 23:59 by MOPAR001

I mean Motor Trend. All they would have to do is throw on a set (if they have that size) and it would have shut up 95% of the Viper boys. Still they (SRT) beat the time without changing tires so big kudos to them.

Seems all Motor Trend does now days is just stir [Censored] up by posting bogus results and skewed comparisons. Don't even get me started on the Mustang ones........

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 0:30 by XPR Roadrunner

MOPAR001 wrote:I mean Motor Trend. All they would have to do is throw on a set (if they have that size) and it would have shut up 95% of the Viper boys. Still they (SRT) beat the time without changing tires so big kudos to them.

Seems all Motor Trend does now days is just stir [Censored] up by posting bogus results and skewed comparisons. Don't even get me started on the Mustang ones........

1 E^10000000000000000000000000

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down