TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

+58
AdamWatson99
CQR Jono
JAMIE ANDERS0N
tsaFooT
CQR HABURi
Hailfire97x
LMR Sahara
LMP Dragon
Amarth
Ax4x Cowboy
TG Wormburner
AAR ABEnstein
Bob Dixon 76
DeweyTee
Slider S15
CQR Shifty
AMR of the Apex
GLR mar B ond
BG Wumba
MotoYeti
RumbleBee 392
Biggsy tv
F4H Carrera
Ax4x Chaddy
Diablo 29x
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Mikey J
Hainesy
LastNewtStandin
Duke of Bruno
v Hurricane v
neilracing07
XPR Roadrunner
PLOW tubbi
The Posimosh
CQR Aero
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
big dj210
FSR Groves
CQR Myles
CreamyTastey
HCR generaltso
nickyf1
F4H bandicoot
Ax4x Kane
Matt
Richy59
ES5XB0Y
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
Texaspotatolord
Standaman94
F4H Lotterer
LMR DarthMario
TheAngryPudding
CQR Rogue
62 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:32

Standaman94 wrote:I thought Forza 4 was Forza 3.5? So does this make Forza 5, Forza 4?
Post of the day 1st 
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked]

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:33

I was disappointed with the lack of new features (and lack of information initally), but it does appear that Turn 10 have actually listened to what people want in Forza 5:

- Dedicated servers
- Open wheel cars (historic F1 and Indycar announced so far)
- Proper real world tracks (Spa and Bathurst now confirmed) - more appear to be in the pipeline

It feels like this is the most 'motorsport' focused Forza in a long time, I'm genuinely looking forward to it now!

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:49

CRA Erebus wrote:
gen3ral ts0 wrote:i wonder if this means the Nissan and Merc V8 supercars will be in it...

Jack Daniels or Norton Altima :drool: :drool: 
Nissan is sh*t

Erebus motorsport is where it's at
Great comment. Very constructive.

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:04

CQR MAGiC wrote:It feels like this is the most 'motorsport' focused Forza in a long time, I'm genuinely looking forward to it now!
I hear where you're coming from Mark and I'm looking forward to it's release as much as anyone - however, although it may be the most 'motorsport' focused Forza for a while, for me it's still not particularly 'motorsport' focused until it includes some quite basic features:-

• Aero repair during pit stops
  • In lobby tuning
  • Better support of endurance races (driver swaps, etc)
  • Plus many more!!

Let's hope some of these will be announced soon or included in Forza 6....................or will it be Forza 5...........or Forza 5.5 - I'm confused geek lol!
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:08

Yeah I do agree with you on that - I suppose where I'm coming from is that Forza 2 > Forza 3 > Forza 4, each was a step backwards in terms of motorsport and I was worried that Forza 4 > Forza 5 would be the same again. But it does seem they've refocused somewhat back towards real world tracks and racing cars - I really don't care for electric hatchbacks and wooden estate cars from the 1960s, that's not motorsport to me. They've revealed so little about the multiplayer or anything yet, there's still time for a few more surprises on the front!

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:15

They should of just taken FM2 and made it look nice as for me that game was the dogs testicles.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:17

+1 Trash. Forza 2 was superb, loved the 'red time' penalty system over the dirty/clean lap system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:20

Forza 5 will be playable at Eurogamer (I heard rumours to the contrary, but Eurogamer have confirmed it now):

"Visitors to the show will be able to check out a bunch of games from the launch line-up, going hands-on with Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals and Project Spark. A theatre demo of Dead Rising 3 will also be available for attendees."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-05-xbox-one-and-games-playable-at-eurogamer-expo-2013

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:52

Would all this Cloud gaming making in lobby tuning more viable for Forza 5?
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:53

Why? Forza 2 could do it without no cloud. The reason it was dropped was because it was corrupting save games when people tuned in the lobbies, so rather than fix the bug(s) they dropped the feature...

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:11

Actually what MAGiC is say does make alot of sense. The only thing I disagree is the "I was disappointed with the lack of new features (and lack of information initally), but it does appear that Turn 10 have actually listened to what people want in Forza 5:" seeing as by now we would have the first waves of cars being confirmed, although now Bathurst is a tick, not too long after Spa, that looks to be changing now.

But yea, this now seems much more motorsport focused than the previous 2 incarnations. Even Prague looks like it could be a proper closed road circuit, not a track which you can go round in 5th gear throughout, or a track that has cobblestreet half way through which runs out your controller batteries in 5 seconds. More real world tracks, originals that seem more realistic, plus other features such as tyre compounds are back too!

I still think a major beat was missed by the fact that there is no night racing or weather. Hopefully tracks like Le Mans will have the "time of day" option added, but at this time it looks like things are getting better again.

My only issue is finding £490. I think my sofa will be ripped apart tonight, see if I dropped any note down there.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:19

I should clarify what I meant by 'lack of information' - they focused so much on trivial details to start with (orange peel paint and leather stitching on the gloves), rather than on the real 'meat' of the game. Imagine a launch trailer featuring Indycars around Indianapolis, V8 Supercars around Bathurst and classic F1 cars going though Eau Rouge at Spa. We'd have all been sat here open mouthed with our credit cards ready! The games looking better and better the more they reveal, they just seem to go out of their way to make us not want to like it with their PR and marketing. Bizarre!

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:35

Mark, they've never done that. They have never started leaking information about their game until late August. This game is being released later and the information also comes later on. It's pretty much the same time schedule. Car leaks did happen slightly earlier (early/mid August) but I assume the car list is much smaller than the current one.

Lobby tuning was removed from the game because of the corruption. This is an assumption but an offline portion of the game was being adjusted in an online game mode. Think about the games you play. Call of Duty, every class and gun you use you cannot mess with offline for online play. The web app they have you need to confirm and download the class upon entering online. Battlefield is two completely different sections of the game. FIFA, completely different sections. You can go on and on and on. You could have two different tuning sections or your lobby tunes were not adjusted once you came back (like if you tune in leaderboards).
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:38

Yeah I know Worm, they do like to tease us don't they! Just once I'd like them to WOW us instead. I guess they do what they think works best for the mass market, us hard core racers who know the importance of Indy, Eau Rouge, Bathurst are the minority Very Happy Still, it's all in there in the game, waiting for us to enjoy when it's released, that's the main thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:48

TG Wormburner wrote:
Lobby tuning was removed from the game because of the corruption. This is an assumption but an offline portion of the game was being adjusted in an online game mode. Think about the games you play. Call of Duty, every class and gun you use you cannot mess with offline for online play. The web app they have you need to confirm and download the class upon entering online. Battlefield is two completely different sections of the game. FIFA, completely different sections. You can go on and on and on. You could have two different tuning sections or your lobby tunes were not adjusted once you came back (like if you tune in leaderboards).
But... THE CLOUD... OOOOHHHHH SHINEY

Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:05

In lobby tuning has been around for years on PC games though - I play a bit of Power & Glory v3 (I love those old boats Mark wants to see disappear!!) which is based on the GT Legends platform.

When in an online lobby I can load up my offline tunes, make adjustments, save them and there's never any issues - it's as solid as a rock. I'm sure that Turn 10 could make it work if they wanted to if Sinbin can manage it on a game that was released in 2005! I appreciate I'm using a PC title as an example but what is the XBone if not a PC in a fancy frock?!?
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:08

But then you have to recode something that is already coded. I'm sure if it was easy or possible we would have it in the game. It is requested daily.

Mark, I agree with you. I'd like to know everything about it in June.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:11

It could be an Xbox technical/architecture issue - it could be the multiplayer side is 'partioned' off in memory, to restrict hacking and tampering, so any tuning done in the multiplayer part would have to be returned back from that 'protected' area back to the main game. I don't have enough technical knowledge of the inner workings of XBL, but I have read things before about how things are 'sandboxed' off inside to prevent cheating, hacking etc. Worm probably knows more, but probably can't say lol

NEON found a video the Xbox One V8 Supercar build - interesting new 'Xbox One RACING' logo, never seen that before, maybe Turn 10/Microsoft have realised there's some mileage in this motorsport/racing lark after all, not just car culture Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:14

CQR MAGiC wrote:interesting new 'Xbox One RACING' logo, never seen that before, maybe Turn 10/Microsoft have realised there's some mileage in this motorsport/racing lark after all, not just car culture Wink
That's the first thing I noticed. We'll see where that goes I guess.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:25

CQR MAGiC wrote:Worm probably knows more, but probably can't say lol
Yeah..............damn you Worm and your insider knowledge tongue lol!

I don't understand the technical side I just know it's 'possible' - maybe I should get one of our consultants to explain it all to me!!

CQR Jono
CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 17:13

I don't know anything.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 17:27

I believe you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 18:09

If you've pre-ordered an Xbox One Day One Edition with Shopto.net you can now swap FIFA 14 for Forza 5 - stocks are very limited and 3 batches are being made available:

Shoptop wrote:"We are pleased to announce that due to unprecedented demand for the Xbox One 'Day One Edition' Console with Forza 5 we have worked closely with Microsoft and have managed to secure additional stock of this item. We will be releasing this stock for pre-order as a stand alone item and it will not be bundled with any additional products.

We understand that not everyone has 24/7 access to the Internet so to be fair to all our loyal customers we will be opening pre-orders for the additional stock in three separate batches as follows:
1. This afternoon (5/9/13) - 4:30pm GMT
2. This evening (5/9/13) - 10:00pm GMT
3. Tomorrow morning (6/9/13) - 10:00am GMT

Once a batch has sold out we will stop taking pre-orders until the next scheduled time.

If you have an existing Xbox One console pre-order with us and would like to SWAP to this item please do so using the SWAP button in your account/preorders section. Further detals on our SWAP feature can be found here: http://www.shopto.net/microsite/swap

If you do not yet have a pre-order please place it through your account as normal.

Please note there is very limited stock available so pre-orders are limited to one per customer and will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo Team"
I've just done mine and it's taken 90 minutes to get to the pre-order page, Swap page and confirmation page Suspect 

Go to Account > Pre-orders, then SWAP. Wait ages for the list of bundles to come up and select the Day One Edition with Forza 5 for £429. If it's sold out, try again at 10pm tonight or 10am tomorrow.

Here's the swap screen you're waiting for:

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 2083666

And the Pre-order confirmation screen:

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 1 [locked] - Page 29 2083701

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 20:16

I've had a couple of friends who have had problems with shopto.net. They preordered TDU2, it didn't come for first week of release, contacted them about it, took another week to get here and they charged him for another game.

I've always been quite traditional in the fact that I prefer to buy in store on launch day rather than preorder. But since blockbuster closed near me it seems I'll have to preorder the console online
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:58

I've used ShopTo loads of times and they've been exemplary - in fact I've not had a pre-order turn up anything but a day early yet cheers 

Unfortunately it would appear, if rumours are to be believed, it's likely that GTA V will be the first one to turn up on day of release Sad 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next