TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion

+6
theboomeranga
BG Wingnut396
Ax4x Mikey J
Adder 020
xDEM0N L0RDx
Standaman94
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion

Post by theboomeranga Fri 31 May 2013 - 10:41

MotoYeti wrote:
CRA Erebus wrote:i might have to stop the classics anyway, stops me from racing in the R8 and i do better there
Likewise.... R8 Cup is very cool too.
agreed, and ive had more success here, lobby win in my first race haha, i love the falcon, but i love winning more...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Transatlantic Drag Championship - General Discussion

Post by xDEM0N L0RDx Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 8:06

Why is there a PI when there are set HP and weight restrictions
xDEM0N L0RDx
xDEM0N L0RDx

TORA Race Number : 888
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by xDEM0N L0RDx Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 8:39

And the PI is less than the TCC cars which is low. Suppose to be drag cars lol
xDEM0N L0RDx
xDEM0N L0RDx

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 11:38

The PI is set so because it makes the cars even. Some cars can get to both the min weight and max power which will make them much faster than those that can't. These cars are fast enough, though. There are faster rounds, so don't worry.

Also everyone don't forget about the Transit bonus round. Your van must be stock!
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xDEM0N L0RDx Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 12:30

So what happens if u chose a car that's miles off either but due to its year and handling and braking capacity it's PI is increased!!!
xDEM0N L0RDx
xDEM0N L0RDx

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 13:04

Race suspension decreases weight, and if you tune it right then it can improve launch. Race brakes also decrease weight.

If you don't like your car then feel free to change it.

The limits are set so all cars should have a similar P/W ratio. Cars are either very light but with little power, very heavy but with more power, or somewhere in between. This way they are all equal; the only difference should be the individual characteristics of each car and that's up to you to decide upon.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xDEM0N L0RDx Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 13:07

K mate I think next meeting there shouldn't be PI but that's up to u
xDEM0N L0RDx
xDEM0N L0RDx

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 13:11

They will all have a PI limit. You obviously don't understand that the PI limit stops cars reaching both the minimum weight and maximum power and thus being far superior than those that cannot.

The only round that does not have a PI limit is the final bonus round. How about I chose a car that is just 1000lbs and 1000BHP that has a PI of 999, and you chose a car that is 1000lbs but has 500BHP and so has a PI of 700, and we'll see who wins. The PI is to balance power and weight.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xDEM0N L0RDx Sat 1 Jun 2013 - 13:52

Id probably beat ya anyway cause u would have so much wheel spin lol
xDEM0N L0RDx
xDEM0N L0RDx

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MotoYeti Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 17:20

Managed to dial in my supercar for next week, bang on at max PI and hitting a shade over 10 second quarters... Once I've dialled in my launches I should see a sub 10 time! Wink
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

TORA Race Number : 722
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2013-01-26

https://hackett.life

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:45

Unfortunately I'm going to be busy this Saturday evening.

If anyone wants to host, they need to have a reliable DVR to record the session and take down times from the video.

Of course, another possible option is to have the session early, at about 4pm BST. That's 4 hours earlier than usual.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:24

I can host it and have a dvr. I'll just need the lobby settings and access to live timing. If the timing sheet is with the rest of them then I have access to it already. I'll send my email address to you just to be on the safe side. The only other thing I don't know to do is the scoring for each round.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:40

If you put in the times then I can just add the scores myself later.

It's not too difficult; For each heat, 1st place gets a score the total of the amount of drivers in the race, 2nd gets one below that, 3rd one below 2nd, etc.

Then the total of these scores is taken, and a different score given for these positions. The scoring system is on the spreadsheet.

Then the same again but for the final score for the championship. If you look at the sheet for last Saturday's race it might help...
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 21:05

Ok that's not a problem. Just add me to the sheet and I'll take care of it.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2