TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+70
II AntR II
Amarth
Jake Sanson
TheAngryPudding
Creepzer
Ax4x Broomz
LMP Dragon
tsaFooT
TweekPunx
Demo Marksman
XXX Skyrocket
AMR of the Apex
CRA Project182R
ll Taku ll
Pebb
TFR Magic
Windcharger8199
LMR Merikuh
F4H Bullet
HCR Karma
totlxtc
LMR Sahara
TG Wormburner
CQR HABURi
henkymetcola
Wooflers
nickyf1
RW26 BLAZE
F4H bandicoot
Koenigsegg R
Ax4x Mikun
Zeta0085
Turbo Power 77
Mavrick 0
MOPAR001
HCR generaltso
Richy59
BG Wumba
theboomeranga
Diablo 29x
Texaspotatolord
Ax4x Cowboy
HCR Motorhead
LMR Zakspeed
CQR D4N13L
CQR Rogue
CQR Deuce
Hainesy
VVV GunDaM
AdamWatson99
dinosilenzi
v Hurricane v
DeweyTee
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Kane
FSR Groves
Beanz
LMR DarthMario
Matt
CQR Jono
LastNewtStandin
Standaman94
CQR Myles
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Aero
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Bandit
JAMIE ANDERS0N
74 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by XPR Roadrunner Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 17:27

XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 18:25

nope, and my magic didnt work either
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:21

Had a little hands on at Eurogamer today.

The stock cars are quite a tough thing to drive when the controls are not tailored to your preferences and you can't hear a thing over the noise of the show.

Laguna looked amazing and the xb one rumble triggers we're quite good for feeling the traction/wheelspin etc.

I tried to test the repairable aero to see if it was possible but the races are only 1 lap.
I managed to damage the front of the car giving a pop up message that front aero was damaged. I couldn't however get any telemetry up to see if it was fixed when I pitted on the build we had running there.

It looks beautiful though guys Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:41

LastNewtStandin wrote:Had a little hands on at Eurogamer today.

The stock cars are quite a tough thing to drive when the controls are not tailored to your preferences and you can't hear a thing over the noise of the show.

Laguna looked amazing and the xb one rumble triggers we're quite good for feeling the traction/wheelspin etc.

I tried to test the repairable aero to see if it was possible but the races are only 1 lap.
I managed to damage the front of the car giving a pop up message that front aero was damaged. I couldn't however get any telemetry up to see if it was fixed when I pitted on the build we had running there.

Stock Cars?? What Stock Cars? Same as we have on Forza 4? Or have they been updated at all?
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:46

I'll be damn annoyed if its the same as Forza 4. They're very outdated now.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:49

jgroves1996 wrote:

Stock Cars?? What Stock Cars? Same as we have on Forza 4? Or have they been updated at all?
Standard cars with stock brakes, no upgrades etc Smile
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:50

Yeah, I'd love to see Gen6 NASCAR's, but I doubt it..
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:52

LastNewtStandin wrote:
jgroves1996 wrote:

Standard cars with stock brakes, no upgrades etc Smile
Ah I see! I always get the two mixed up...
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 0:17

Of course its the same cars from FM4, just some new ones added... Whatever those will be...
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 0:32

the current 'NASCAR Stock Cars' are indeed far too outdated. hopefully, the Gen6's are in, or at least the final year of the "Gen5"'s
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 1:23

+1
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 2:53

To be honest, the Stock Cars in FM4 are actually current. Watch an ARCA race and you will see that they use old gen 4 NASCAR cars. Razz
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 13:33

LMR DarthMario wrote:the current 'NASCAR Stock Cars' are indeed far too outdated. hopefully, the Gen6's are in, or at least the final year of the "Gen5"'s
Maybe they'll add a Toyota and proper Dodge as DLC.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 17:56

I received an email for the XB1 U.S. Tour. They will be by me for 5 day's. Oh yea baby. Gotta drive me some Forza 5!!!!
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:08

DeweyTee wrote:
LMR DarthMario wrote:the current 'NASCAR Stock Cars' are indeed far too outdated. hopefully, the Gen6's are in, or at least the final year of the "Gen5"'s
that would be best!
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:53

DeweyTee wrote:
:drool: 
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 19:11

v Hurricane v wrote:I received an email for the XB1 U.S. Tour. They will be by me for 5 day's. Oh yea baby. Gotta drive me some Forza 5!!!!
XB1 tour!?!? Why don't we get one in the UK Sad
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 20:47

sbiggs wrote:
v Hurricane v wrote:I received an email for the XB1 U.S. Tour. They will be by me for 5 day's. Oh yea baby. Gotta drive me some Forza 5!!!!
XB1 tour!?!? Why don't we get one in the UK Sad
Very Happy We do but it's at release so a bit pointless Sad

Major’s Xbox One Tour: The Road to Launch Continues

This week, Xbox announced that we are taking Xbox One to more than 75 different cities around the world!

Beginning October 1 through the end of the year, we’re hitting the road like never before. Among the cities, these include Philadelphia, Toronto, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Vienna, Paris and Berlin. We’re giving people in the US, Canada and Europe an opportunity to experience many of the great Xbox One games. And when I say “experience,” we’re handing over the controller and giving YOU the opportunity to play these games.

Area One, the name for our travelling game showcase, is where you’ll experience some of the most hotly anticipated Xbox One titles including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, Lococycle and Crimson Dragon. This is an great opportunity for our Xbox fans to learn about Xbox One and experience why Xbox One takes gameplay to a whole new level.

While attendance and reservations are free of charge, space will be limited. So, if you’re 18 years and older, make sure you and your friends reserve your spot here before you go. For more information on the Area One Tour, go to xbox.com/onetour.

Area One Tour Dates

Philadelphia Oct. 3-6
Paris Oct. 10-13
Toronto Oct. 10–13
Chicago Oct. 17-20
Vienna Oct. 17-20
Atlanta Oct. 24-27
Dallas Oct.31 – Nov. 3
Berlin Oct. 31 – Nov. 3
Phoenix Nov. 7-10
San Francisco Nov.14-17
Dublin Nov. 14-17
Los Angeles Nov. 21
London Nov. 21-24

In addition, Xbox One will also be taking to the streets to give fans a unique opportunity to try out the Xbox One all-in-one entertainment system with “Test Drive.” Across the US, Canada, UK, Germany, and France, Xbox will cruise the country in custom “Test Drive” vehicles, appearing at festivals, university campuses, retail centers and more in search of gamers ready to take the new generation of entertainment for a spin.

The Xbox team will visit over 175 Xbox One Test Drive locations including Boston, Chicago, Arlington, Glendale, Green Bay, Tampa, Minneapolis, Miami, Seattle, Phoenix, Nashville, Denver, Toronto, France, Germany, England and many more. For more information on Xbox One Test Drive, go to xbox.com/onetour.

While I’ll be busy getting ready for launch, I am going to try and personally visit a few of the stops for special community events. Here is where you can find me:
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by dinosilenzi Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 20:43

Hurricane, will you do an in-depth report?
No date of the tour in Italy. Crying or Very sad

Edit
The main tour will be accompanied by another event called Xbox One Test Drive, and there are dates scheduled in Milan: 25 oct-27 oct.
However a report would be appreciated.
dinosilenzi
dinosilenzi

TORA Race Number : 719
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 16:11

Matt wrote:Lol yeah I saw that. I can't find it on their youtube channel either which is bloody annoying.
For those who missed the Forza 5 livestream at Eurogamer last week, a new version has been put up from an audience camera, looks like the official 'direct feed' version has been lost (it was lagging so badly):

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 17:17

I think they have animated crew because in the video that magic put up (thx magic), when Dan Greenawalsh was going to the track at the alps did anyone else see the pit crew around the car
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 17:36

The demo at eurogamer had nothing different in the pits to fm4
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 18:07

the pit crew seem active as a prerace feature. In game? hmm
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GunDaM Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 14:26

As much as I hate to admit it... I find it funny that everyone's up in arms over a game that was originally supposed to be on the 360.

The reason I'm saying this and that it's not a real launch title is this: The game itself is a slightly modified Forza 4. They didn't have time rework the engine, do any real changes or even add tons of new content. The reason for this is because the time they would have spent making new content or even sapping what little they could from the engine/360, they spent getting their existing engine to just run on X1.

What they did, in all honesty, is take the existing engine, get it to run on X1, hacked in AA (very little as it's unoptimized out the arse) and upped the texture resolution. So, basically, you're playing Forza 4 HD (which can't even run at 60fps. Either the hardware is so weak it just can't run a 360 game with higher res textures or the game is simply a rushjob. Both are possible). What's even worse is the game isn't finished and won't be till after gold. The proof is in the day 1 patch. The game is being pressed on a 55gb bluray disc. Thats almost over 3x what the 360 can hold. Even with all that, they have a required day 1 patch, which the game will not be playable at all if you do not download. The patch is 10 gigs. The dev's have said that this is because they simply couldn't fit all the content onto the disc. If it was just content, the game would still be playable, which the devs have already stated that it won't even launch until this content patch is downloaded. Either it's a work around to get people to do the online check (which was removed) or they dont have engine specific code done. Either way, it's bad.

So basically, have fun downloading a patch that in the same amount of time would get you a good few hours on say Team Fortress 2, knowing full well that while you'll like it initially, you'll be dying on the inside because you bought the wrong racing game. And here's my face when I get banned for 2000 years:
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 14:58

Just like every other launch title.

They didn't have much time to make a full-on game on a brand new console that was kept mostly secret until early last year.

In that situation, you can either work mostly on content for the new game, or work on a new system optimised for the new console. Since the Forza 4 engine does the job well, they obviously went for the content.

Think about it; pretty much EVERYONE has been nagging T10 to put Bathurst, Spa, all these cars into Forza. The same cannot be said about asking for a new engine. Not only that, but understandably MS have been pressuring T10 for a launch title because the game will be the only decent racing sim on the next-gen consoles at launch, thus giving the XB1 an advantage in that audience.

Anyway, there's no reason to hate it. If you don't like it, don't buy it, no one's got a gun to your head.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next