TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion

+19
DC MONSTER158
paul299
Texaspotatolord
TG Wormburner
Ax4x Bandit
HCR Karma
BazookaZombie66
LMR Zakspeed
LMP Phantom
F4H Stingray
CQR Stevie
CQR Myles
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
S2M Ranger
Zeta0085
Turbo Power 77
Mavrick 0
Wooflers
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion

Post by S2M Ranger Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 3:16

Must say sorry for letting my team mates down by not showing, karma rang me but after a stupid long day ( up at 1.30am ) and not getting a nap in the day I was to sleepy to race Sad

Catch you all up at the exit round
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

TORA Race Number : 909
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion

Post by F4H Stingray Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 4:19

its ok ranger. hope u had a good days sleep.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by S2M Ranger Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 4:58

Got 4hr sleep bud before I had to get up again doh, well done on your wins bud ;)and La cartel boys for taking the lead in the team title
S2M Ranger
S2M Ranger

TORA Race Number : 909
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 8:24

Am thinking am gonna be pullin out of this one. Its nearly impossible to drive well in its current build using a wheel.

For the life of me am at a loss to understand why the builds are so different form season three. Car is [Censored]. Period.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:21

XPR Karma wrote:Am thinking am gonna be pullin out of this one. Its nearly impossible to drive well in its current build using a wheel.

For the life of me am at a loss to understand why the builds are so different form season three. Car is [Censored]. Period.
Have you tried using a controller? It's not too bad with it, although you still need to fight the cars out of the corners.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:34

I don't use the controller for racing chief.....ever. Cool 

I really do feel the builds for this should have been closer to what was on offer in season 3. For example:

Renault Clio RS 197
Engine and Power
Race Exhaust
Race Flywheel
Race Brakes
Sport Springs and Dampers
Race Front Anti-roll Bars
Race Rear Anti-roll Bars
Race Weight Reduction
Race Clutch
Race Driveline
Race Differential
Race Tyre Compound
Rim Style - RS Watanabe (Cyclone)

The tuning was very limited still with the upgrades on offer, but it actually made the car drivable and fun, where as the build for this season is BARE!!

"This build is stock. No parts should be added."

I get the fact that this is a SPEC series, and the focus is on driver ability rather that tuning etc. But this has to be balanced with it also being enjoyable to drive and compete in. The balance was just right last season I feel but this car is a bucket.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:40

I honestly preferred Season 1 & 2 builds. Upgrades to make the car drivable and basically no tuning besides tire pressures.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:44

Me to
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:51

Bandit1097 wrote:
XPR Karma wrote:Am thinking am gonna be pullin out of this one. Its nearly impossible to drive well in its current build using a wheel.

Have you tried using a controller?  It's not too bad with it, although you still need to fight the cars out of the corners.
I have been there before Karma. It absolutely sucks and there is nothing you can do when the car is bad on a wheel.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 14:56

Ford GT come to mind worm?

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 15:01

The Ford GT isn't too bad to be honest. The 458, Joss, Lotus Eleven, Renault Clio V6, etc. Anything twitchy is really bad.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:20

TG Wormburner wrote:
Bandit1097 wrote:

For the life of me am at a loss to understand why the builds are so different from season three. Car is [Censored]. Period.
Have you tried using a controller?  It's not too bad with it, although you still need to fight the cars out of the corners.
I have been there before Karma. It absolutely sucks and there is nothing you can do when the car is bad on a wheel.
Thank you for saying chief, Smile

Truth be told am just disappointed as season three was my first time running in the SPEC series, and I very much enjoyed it, and as a result I was gee'd up and looking forward to season 4, but I fear its just the luck of the draw as far as some cars being fine for the wheel and other being "unruly",,,to put it mildly.

Its a shame as with a few very basic additions to the build the problems could be very much eliminated, whilst not being at the cost of the ethos of the series.

Regardless, thank you for aiding my point as regards the traits of some cars on the wheel. Ur a gent as ever.

G Cool
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by BazookaZombie66 Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 19:46

Honestly i think the quirks for this car make it kind of fun, a slidey rear end coming out of every single turn is slower, yes, but if everyone is sliding out then it makes it a lot more fun. im sure its significantly harder to deal with on a wheel than a controller, though.
BazookaZombie66
BazookaZombie66

TORA Race Number : 516
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by paul299 Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 13:46

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to miss tonight's round.
paul299
paul299

TORA Race Number : 299
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2013-05-19

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:14

what a complete waste of qualifying!
after doing consistent 26s and 27s in practice, yet only managed a clean 29 dead, whats worse is i get a 28.2 on the final lap, yet it's dirty because i followed the F1 racing line and put 1/4 of a tyre on the astro turf at the exit of the second 'chicane'
fu*king perfect :/
second last grid spot for me it is then
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by DC MONSTER158 Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:30

Any one else in a game
DC MONSTER158
DC MONSTER158

TORA Race Number : 965
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:37

nope, i'm just waiting though
they gotta put it all into live timing so we can see what lobby we are in
Bli33ard wrote:TORA’s ‘Live Timing’ system will be updated after qualifying has taken place to update you who your lobby host will be. We ask that all competitors remain on Xbox live for the start of the race.
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 21:51

Wow! Some of the most fantastic racing I've ever done. Thanks to Wheelwash and Stevie for the battles. Brilliant quality racing from both of you'se. Congrats to Venom on the double win! See you at Hockenheim Smile 
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 22:04

thanks for the racing tonight guys
apologise for everyone in my lobby, my mic wasn't working and a lot of background noise meant i couldn't hear anything, and first lap race one my dog attacked me while my brother walked across the front of the tv so i missed my braking point, so sorry about that

congrats to everyone on your race/lobby wins

what a terrible morning for me though at my strongest track, bring on Hockenheim :s
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 22:29

Have to admit, really enjoyed the racing tonight had some great battles with Acidicbeast. so overall not bad.

Would also like to say well done to all the winners too
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 0:13

LMR Zakspeed wrote:Wow! Some of the most fantastic racing I've ever done. Thanks to Wheelwash and Stevie for the battles. Brilliant quality racing from both of you'se. Congrats to Venom on the double win! See you at Hockenheim Smile 
Well thank you sir, a big thanks to everyone in the lobby, some GOOD CLEAN racing, the moves I put on Wheelwash and youself, could only be done with your cooporation Cheers going around the outside of anyone is difficult at the best of times, but you to are the reason I enjoy the racing.

CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Car spec

Post by Free Time38 Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 15:56

Hi, all new to this and waiting to see if i get my racing number. Can anyone tell me what you can and cannot do to your car to be legal to race. Have put my name down to race at Hockenheimring on wednesday but have no race number yet. What would be a good lap time for this track? Thanks Luigi

Free Time38

TORA Race Number : 336
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 21:54

completely stock
but tune what you can (ie tyre pressure)
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 22:01

Free Time38 wrote:Hi, all new to this and waiting to see if i get my racing number. Can anyone tell me what you can and cannot do to your car to be legal to race. Have put my name down to race at Hockenheimring on wednesday but have no race number yet. What would be a good lap time for this track? Thanks Luigi
You have received your requested number, 336. Enjoy the racing.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:15

I hope all of the new guys enjoyed the racing tonight... thanks
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next