TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans

Go down

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Empty XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans

Since our inception over a year and a half ago, XPR has taken claim to over 20 Driver Championships and 10 Team titles. We've entered into 6 TEC events, and seen our hard earned efforts come to fruition with a victory and 3rd place finish occurring in last years TCR TEC event at Road America. In that event, ChicaiN, Gillard and Soundwave teamed up for the first time and the event ended with them taking the overall win. But since then, the drivers haven't been able to put time aside to team back up again until now. Though the team tried to pull together for the 2013 Sebring 12 hour with the addition of TopSecret, funds ran low and the team was never able to make it to the track. TopSecret has been a key to bringing the guys together this time, with his tireless efforts and prototype knowledge, the team is more poised than it has ever been. After hours of dedication and hard work, XP Racing is proud to finally release the images of its Acura 01b TEC LMP1 car:

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Xpr_ac10

TopSecret might of arguably had the best stint in last years 2013 24hr of Le Mans in XPR's Jagermeister Audi R18, though the team had suffered electrical issues earlier on and was out of contention, his efforts had not gone unnoticed. And we look to see even more of that this year from TopSecret. He has been very excited at a 2nd opportunity and was quoted saying;

"This years Le Mans wont be as big as last years as it seems like not as many teams have signed up, but this doesn't mean it wont be fun. The car that we will be running looks great and feels like a dream, its not the fastest on the straight but has great acceleration out of corners and benefits both sharp and sweeping corners. At minimum i expect a team win, i feel that this is capable with the car and team that we have as long as there are no problems along the way. This wont be easy as we are not the only LMP1 on the track so there will be competition also fighting for first."

As seen here during the teams early practice sessions, the car has been very fast and consistent. All the drivers have been getting very comfortable with Acura and easily pushing it to its limits. TopSecret and Gillard have been seen working tirelessly together with our engineers to achieve the best balance in outright pace and reliability.

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Xpr_ac11

During last years 24 Hours of Le Mans, Soundwave, ChicaiN and their team took a very underrated car and claimed 5th in the GTE standings. Since then, the ChicaiN and Soundwave duo have teamed up several times which have led to several titles. The guys work well together, and they both had this to say:

"I'm really pleased with the team we've put together for this years 24 hrs of Le Mans." stated ChicaiN, "I think we have a great chance at bringing home the win in class. Barring mechanical or lag issues I feel anything less than a podium will certainly be a disappointment. I definitely think we made the right choice with the Acura as all our teammates are consistently running very competitive times. There are sure to be some blistering lap times being put down through the field so only time will tell if the consistency of XPR's drivers can deliver."

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Xpr_ac12

"It has been a crazy 2014, the highs and lows of online racing have been felt all over XPR. But to see us finally get back in a TEC event at the highest level has been very exciting, and even more so because its the 24 Hours of Le Mans." says Soundwave, "Its such a prestigious event and draws some of the biggest names in racing. Being back in the prototype class this year with some of the fastest, and most respectable guys at my side gives me confidence in our team and its ability win. The Acura is such great car and our design team really makes the car shine and just look fast standing still. Our team engineers have been so helpful setting the car up and its so quick no matter who is behind the wheel. The car handles so well in traffic and clean air. I have to agree with Cain, anything less than a podium will be a disappointment. But i can tell you this, we are all eyeing the top step on that podium."

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Xpr_ac13

"First of all I cannot tell you how proud i am to be on this team and what makes it the best is that I'm teamed with Soundwave and Caine who I drove with when we won in the BMW at Road America last year. " exclaimed Gillard, "But there's some redemption going on here with TopSecret in the car as last year we were very quick and then the issues hit. The car is absolutely dynamite there's not really a place we can't put it and still not have the lap time given up substantially so the top step of the podium is the absolute goal! Would I be happy with a podium? After what happened last year, I absolutely would be but it's LeMans you don't come here to get podiums you come here to win the greatest race in the world! And this car with this team with these drivers I think it is, for me personally, the best shot at the win yet!"

The stage is now set, and XP Racing is ready to conduct its final checks. The team is ready to do battle from green to checkered. But only time will tell who will come out on top.

But one thing is for certain, and all roads leads to this...
XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Xpr_ac14

Stay tuned as race day is just around the corner. We wish XP Racing and all of the 24 Hours of Le Mans teams good luck and Godspeed!

Last edited by XPR Soundwave on Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 19:42; edited 1 time in total
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

XP Racing eyes the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans :: Comments

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 5:35 by Ax4x Mikey J

Good luck guys. Cool

Back to top Go down

theboomeranga

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 7:22 by theboomeranga

Car looks fantastic!
Good luck guys

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 8:29 by HCR Bellmond

Good luck fellas

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 9:15 by Ax4x Chaddy

Best of luck from Allied Forces guys

Back to top Go down

CreamyTastey

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 9:19 by CreamyTastey

Good Luck guys - From the #8 Car. Smile

Back to top Go down

F4H Button

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:15 by F4H Button

go get em guys, good luck

Back to top Go down

TLR Scrublord

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:43 by TLR Scrublord

I hope you guys are ready for the battle royale! Wink

Best of luck to you! Cool

Back to top Go down

HCR Motorhead

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 18:35 by HCR Motorhead

Will be a good battle! Smile

Back to top Go down

LMR Deftone MX

Post Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 20:03 by LMR Deftone MX

Looking forward to watching the fight unfold!

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 19:37 by RumbleBee 392

Thanks guys for all the kind words. Good luck again everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down