TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

+33
SorrySmithy
Eycd
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Deuce
xVampirAx
Ax4x Chaddy
Hainesy
D4NINHO
CQR NEON
II AntR II
CQR Jono
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Zakspeed
TheAngryPudding
FSR Groves
F4H Lotterer
RumbleBee 392
rainonef1
Turbo Power 77
F4H Button
Colonal Keidec
Ax4x Kane
TweekPunx
F4H Xyloto
Speed Dem0n 64
LMR DarthMario
CQR Rogue
Richy59
Matt
CQR Myles
theboomeranga
MaynardMK4
Standaman94
37 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:03

CQR CHRiS wrote:
LMR Bandit wrote:All I have to say is online and lobby hosting is better on FM4.

See the only plus is that you can save settings otherwise lobby hosting is the same on both.

But I've found that actually connecting to the game is much harder than on 4.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:04

CQR CHRiS wrote:
LMR Bandit wrote:All I have to say is online and lobby hosting is better on FM4.

See the only plus is that you can save settings otherwise lobby hosting is the same on both.

Don't you still have to be in the same party as someone to send them an invite?

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 J8Ljahl
Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 PEEdCpnOfficial Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 ZzhlIqHOfficial Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 UmQfodEOfficial Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 C0cSnDzOfficial Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 1vuHXh0Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 MAsvnrEOfficial Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 GrZPNKA

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:05

CQR CHRiS wrote:It seems to me that the only people against any Forza 5 movement and slating it are the ones who can't afford it. I'm sorry but Forza 4 is 3 years old, if you can't afford it that is not this sites fault.

And just in case theres any doubt

MichaelJGroves wrote:Hardly surprising that the first person to come out and effectively say if you cant afford it tough...

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:10

Kilroy8 wrote:It was just an observation I had. I am aware there are more pitlane series for FM4 and that is where my point stands. The demand is still on the 360 therefore we shouldn't be trying to push away from that just yet. It just seems a bit ignorant to say "tough you can't afford it, sucks to be you" which is the impression I get from some of the posts above.

Hopefully you didn't miss understand my post as it didn't say 'tough if you can't afford it' it clearly stated both games can be moved forward but acceptance that FM5 needs a main focus has to happen. We constantly recycle for the past 3 years the same tournaments on FM4, the cars are balanced there is still a group of race stewards there who are running these so constant slating of FM5 is becoming very boring when the game is more than capable of having tournments take place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:12

MichaelJGroves wrote:
CQR CHRiS wrote:It seems to me that the only people against any Forza 5 movement and slating it are the ones who can't afford it. I'm sorry but Forza 4 is 3 years old, if you can't afford it that is not this sites fault.

And just in case theres any doubt

MichaelJGroves wrote:Hardly surprising that the first person to come out and effectively say if you cant afford it tough...

So my words say the ones who are moaning are the ones who can't afford it not as you said 'can't afford it its tough'. There's quite a big difference when you can tell the difference come back with you pointless comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:13

LMR Bandit wrote:
CQR CHRiS wrote:

Don't you still have to be in the same party as someone to send them an invite?

No, open a lobby press RT and select anyone online from your friend list all at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:14

cardsrule96 wrote:
CQR CHRiS wrote:

But I've found that actually connecting to the game is much harder than on 4.

You need to be in a party alone or with other friends make sure your set as other and notin a party game, accept invite, press 3 line button in game then switch to game chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:16

Apparently some read what they want.

And again, just to prove I didnt quote but paraphrased:

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:20

MichaelJGroves wrote:Apparently some read what they want.

And again, just to prove I didnt quote but paraphrased:

And again I will say were did I say 'its tough'? Were in that comment does it state them words? Again it states if you read it correctly this site has to move forward for both gamesstop slating FM5 and anything the staff try and focus on because you can't afford it. Its not saying 'tough, FM4 is dead go find another site' which is how you decide to read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:22

Chris he isn't saying you said those exact words, he's saying that is essentially what it comes across as...which it does, frankly.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:23

Kilroy8 wrote:Chris he isn't saying you said those exact words, he's saying that is essentially what it comes across as...which it does, frankly.

+1
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:23

Todays word of the day is: Paraphrase

A paraphrase typically explains or clarifies the text that is being paraphrased. For example, "The signal was red" might be paraphrased as "The train was not allowed to pass because the signal was red". A paraphrase is usually introduced with verbum dicendi​—​a declaratory expression to signal the transition to the paraphrase. For example, in "The signal was red, that is, the train was not allowed to proceed," the that is signals the paraphrase that follows.

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:24

MichaelJGroves wrote:Todays word of the day is: Paraphrase

A paraphrase typically explains or clarifies the text that is being paraphrased. For example, "The signal was red" might be paraphrased as "The train was not allowed to pass because the signal was red". A paraphrase is usually introduced with verbum dicendi​—​a declaratory expression to signal the transition to the paraphrase. For example, in "The signal was red, that is, the train was not allowed to proceed," the that is signals the paraphrase that follows.

I couldn't give a toss....

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:26

And with that, I depart

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:28

CQR CHRiS wrote:It seems to me that the only people against any Forza 5 movement and slating it are the ones who can't afford it. I'm sorry but Forza 4 is 3 years old, if you can't afford it that is not this sites fault. TORA are falling behind every other site very quickly and if they continue to support Forza 4 as the main game then this site will die very quickly once all other countries get the launch of console.

As for failed championships there's simple reasons they failed, staff were all over the place, nothing was being organised and cars were nowere near balanced. These are things that the admin team will admit to and are trying to resolve and fix, but with the constant slating of any movement to the current gen on the superior SIM game its proving to be impossible and your ruining your own chance of having Forza and TORA survive at all.

I will highlight the next part you chose to ignore, it states FM4 cannot be the main focus it does not state can't afford it tough. You continue to slate FM5 because you can't afford it but your only damaging the site, existing with both formats continuing to run side by side is possible if you choose to allow it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:31

MichaelJGroves wrote:And with that, I depart

Well if you wish for me to comment and respect what your saying then at least read my whole post and not just the snippet you wish to cause agro over.

EDIT: Also you chose to paraphrase a small content of a post which changed the whole meaning of the rest of the post. Please feel free to re read.

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:55

Although I am dissapointed with FM5 like a lot of people, it has potential. Chris is right that TORA need to work hard on both but Forza 5 is in the future while Forza 4 is not. Forza 4 needs to refresh, especially the TEC. I've been here since 2012 and absolutely no change had been in the calendar when there's been plenty of new events with potential at other tracks.

Also, from looking at nearly all FM5 series, there's only been 2-3 lobbies per round. For people to say that things are in the works 9 months after release is really late. Before FM5 released, I remember a pole with V8 Supercars or IndyCar being the top (also F1?) and so far only XPR Devil has been running that series. You could have run a popular Sunday champ while GT was being balanced and you could perfect it. Right now, TORA need to get some good series going on FM5 (nothing against GP or Spec) but right now it's been basically a ghost town for 9 months.
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:04

Absolutely agree on that Zakspeed, I was wondering that since we were using both games, why the obvious choices for racing series such as Indy, V8's and now Formula Ford, Indy Lights etc weren't being run!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:05

It would appear that tying yourself in knots and looking foolish is a popular pastime on this forum these days...........maybe I'll give it a go some day!
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:08

Spoiler:

That's all I'll say.

But yes, to fill the void while car balancing goes ahead, maybe a series where it isn't required would be the best option.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:09

CQR Jono wrote:It would appear that tying yourself in knots and looking foolish is a popular pastime on this forum these days...........maybe I'll give it a go some day!

Funny. I thought your guys already werw

TheAngryPudding

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:29

Funny how you both presumed my comment was aimed at you...............
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:50

CQR Jono wrote:Funny how you both presumed my comment was aimed at you...............

Hope it t'werent me.  Laughing 
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by II AntR II Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 3:56

Off-Topic - Where are my GRID Autosport BTCC tournament?

PS: Do it in August. I will have good Internet by then  Very Happy 
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 6:57

TORA will need to move on (xbox 1) = Current Gen (360) = Old Gen

Agree with constrictive criticism made about the failed forza 5 series hence why there will need to be a huge push on this platform.

360 will still be supported but we need to move forward or TORA will not become what it should a place to show off the very best in virtual racing with  at the heart a healthy community of which this is not true at the moment.

Official Forza Motorsport 5 Thread - Part 2 - Page 4 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next