TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread

+17
HCR Skodaboie
JOSHSIGGY
Joito04
F4H Stingray
LZR Harmonic
Pro Man
Ax4x Cowboy
Badger Gravling
theboomeranga
ATP Wheelwash
AMG Pr3d
BigBen13x
ShortTrackFox93
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Kane
connor7195
Ax4x Mikey J
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 19:19

I thought I did rather poor last week, after a couple night's practice I managed to slow down a couple secs for the race.

So this week I have a different strategy... 6 laps total practice, and two sharp blows to the head: yesterday it was a wind gust that blew the cargo door down on me as I was loading the workvan, today I stood up with a box of canned goods, right into the bootlid of my Thunderbird. Feeling a bit concussed, like I knocked myself crosseyed.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TCR Vintage Trans Am Series 2 Discussion Thread

Post by AMG Pr3d Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 20:04

These things happen in the workplace mikey, if you don't feel up to racing, rest. Your health is worth more than abit of 'online glory'

AMG Pr3d

TORA Race Number : 102
Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2014-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 20:21

Nope. My wife always says that when I am hurt or sick that "racing is the best cure". And I seem to race better when hurt or sick, be it TORA, real world or slot cars.

Back in the 80s, I got hit by a drunk driver in the parking lot of a slot car track. Bone brused both shins. Had to be carried back into the venue, and helped to the driver station by two rather attractive ladies. Then proceeded to win a two hour enduro by 12 laps.

I doubt I will have that sort of success today, but it beats the hell out of lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AMG Pr3d Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:04

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Nope. My wife always says that when I am hurt or sick that "racing is the best cure". And I seem to race better when hurt or sick, be it TORA, real world or slot cars.

Back in the 80s, I got hit by a drunk driver in the parking lot of a slot car track. Bone brused both shins. Had to be carried back into the venue, and helped to the driver station by two rather attractive ladies. Then proceeded to win a two hour enduro by 12 laps.

I doubt I will have that sort of success today, but it beats the hell out of lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Well said! And I suppose you didn't get a number from one of them based on the state you was in lol...

AMG Pr3d

Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 21:28

Actually did. Dated for a few weeks afterward, split up when we figured out we only had one thing in common.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSHSIGGY Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 11:18

THO Shooter is withdrawing from the Trans-AM series.

The time is just too late for me after working from 7am - 4pm on friday morning and being up from 5am. Im just too tired at 10pm to commit to a racing series at this time on fridays. I feel i may have put other racers at risk of an incident without my full concentration. Good luck for the rest of the series.

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 16:04

Dude, didnt know you race slot cars.... Hard Bodies or metal chassis?
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 17:02

i know this is a Community race yeah and i know i burst out laughing half way through the race, but on a Serious Note these Dive Bombs that people have been doing in this series is getting out of Hand, theres having a Rub with someones side door and then theres Smashing into them and using them as a brake,
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 17:14

Skodaboie wrote:Dude, didnt know you race slot cars.... Hard Bodies or metal chassis?

I raced the metal chassis 1/32 cars mostly, with a few attempts in the 1/24 cars as well.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 17:18

Solar Flar3 wrote:i know this is a Community race yeah and i know i burst out laughing half way through the race, but on a Serious Note these Dive Bombs that people have been doing in this series is getting out of Hand, theres having a Rub with someones side door and then theres Smashing into them and using them as a brake,

This is the third mention of dive bombing this round, and most likely all about the same driver. Suspect

In the two years of hosting Friday Night Series, there has only been one single SI filed, and if I recall correctly, the end result was blamed on "Lag". However, I know that blatant rough driving is not in any way shape or form acceptable, and I will send the alledged offender a PM letting him know that he may have to work on his "passing technique and race craft".

Let's hope that calms things down a bit.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 19:40

I enjoyed last night the car felt quick as hell enjoyed scraping with Joito all race long in race 2 was fun because there were corners I was faster and corners where he was faster, mostly straight-line speed was killing me as well. Really starting to enjoy this series a lot.
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

TORA Race Number : 646
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 19:50

^ That never gets old. I am always happy when my series goes according to plan.

When building and testing these cars, the mindset was to have different strengths and weaknesses in the cars as opposed to all cars equal. On some tracks, the strengths of one car will give it a bit of an advantage, on others its weaknesses will come into play. Through this balance, the performance differentials are supposed to create passing opportunities and a certain back and forth nature.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 20:30

Would someone be so kind as to gift me the A Lobby replays, and perhaps the B Lobby Round 1 Feature replay?

I'd like to see what I have missed out on.

Thanks and cheers!
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 21:45

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Would someone be so kind as to gift me the A Lobby replays, and perhaps the B Lobby Round 1 Feature replay?

I'd like to see what I have missed out on.

Thanks and cheers!

i have race 1 but i dont have race 2, race 2 is where all off it mainly happened i know some of it happened in Race 1 but Race 2 was ridiculous if im honest with you lemme double check i may even have both haha
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 4:03

Dammit about the loss of connection. I hope that this series can go on through completion with or without me. Sorry guys for failing you all.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:54

You didn't fail us mate
The Internet did
Shocker!
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:12

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Dammit about the loss of connection. I hope that this series can go on through completion with or without me. Sorry guys for failing you all.

Mikey you didnt fail us mate its just an unfortunate turn of events, just let us know whos gonna be taking over the Series, i dont mind Hosting Lobbies here and there
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:41

I have the settings so I could host
Contacted Mikey so if he doesn't post I'll let you know
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 14:25

ErebusV8 wrote:I have the settings so I could host
Contacted Mikey so if he doesn't post I'll let you know

okay cheers,
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:51

I think that Erebus will be the host tonight, but vHurricane v will be hosting next week (and the rest of the series) if I am still in this situation.

For this week, Live Timing will be down, but will be back to normal from next week on.

Thanks guys!
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AMG Pr3d Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:55

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I think that Erebus will be the host tonight, but vHurricane v will be hosting next week (and the rest of the series) if I am still in this situation.

For this week, Live Timing will be down, but will be back to normal from next week on.

Thanks guys!

Shame to hear mikey, hope all comes back soon! As for the live timing, I guess the only way we would know which lobby we are in (or in this case, the only lobby) would be via invite?

AMG Pr3d

Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 18:00

Yeah. It should be easy enough, as at this point it is a single lobby tonight.

I suggest that a "Race Control" party lobby be set up, as to help get everyone into the race lobby.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 23:18

Thanks for the racing tonight guys
I hope I was alright with hosting, had to be loud enough for you to hear while being quiet enough for everyone sleeping

Just pis*ed my xbox froze on lap 4
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 23:44

ErebusV8 wrote:Thanks for the racing tonight guys
I hope I was alright with hosting, had to be loud enough for you to hear while being quiet enough for everyone sleeping

Just pis*ed my xbox froze on lap 4

dont worry about it dude i think Tubbi and someone else got a pic of race 2 results my phone died as i was about take the picture so Tubbi did it but i got both replays if u need em Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 23:45

If anyone could, please post the results of Race 2 here, and I will transfer it to Live (haha) Timing.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next