TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

+11
ckBrenneke
PLOW Kris
culchi
Ax4x Chaddy
i redbeard
Matt
its troff
Aanenvaimennin
Crisis Nine
Richy59
nickyf1
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 Empty Re: 2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Richy59 Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 17:21

Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Boss
Ever on the hunt for publicity, Richard Branson wasted no time in getting to Australia and slapping his Virgin logos on the car once he knew that Brawn were going to be successful. Wasn't this the same Richard Branson who said two weeks ago that now wasn't the right time to get involved in F1 and that they would look at it at some stage in the future? What a difference a Barcelona test makes.

Branson sounds like he's trying to give the impression that he's been backing Brawn all along, but he had the chance to buy the team and turned it down.

While it's good to have new, high-profile money coming into the sport as a vote of confidence for F1, you can't help feeling that this enthusiasm might not have been so evident if Brawn had been in the middle of the pack. If this had been Branson's intention all along he would have had more than a couple of logos in place by the time the cars rolled out on Friday.

Oh, and get a haircut you old hippy.

I agree, he does need a hair cut...
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

2009 ING Australian Grand Prix - Page 3 Empty Re: 2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Guest Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 13:44

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 14:07

I see Glock nearly went off in the same place too.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 19:11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 20:02

I see hamitlon has been telling porkys!!!!

'During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake," the FIA declared.

"Both the driver and the team manager stated that no such instruction had been given.

"The race director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."'

Upon hearing a radio transmission between Hamilton and the team as well as a media interview made by the World Champion in Melbourne, the FIA statement concludes bluntly: 'The Stewards felt strongly that they had been misled by the driver and his Team Manager which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place.'

Although the FIA's statement includes recordings of Hamilton's media interview as well as his conversations with the McLaren pitwall, it does not include a transcript or recording from the first stewards' meeting.

see lew is radio now -

Transcript of the radio transmission between Lewis Hamilton and McLaren during the Australian Grand Prix:

Team: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner, ..., is this OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: I don't have to let him past I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.

Team: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4. If you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrot 2.

LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not.

Team: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

Team: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 20:09

mate, you don't need to copy paste autosport.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 20:12

lol thought id give the facts lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 17:34

Well I wouldn't have seen that if Rogue hadn't posted it here, cheers Very Happy
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 21:58

having heard it this morning on the BBC it is useful to have the trnscript here too.....ta Rogue
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3