TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :(

Go down

Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( Empty Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :(

Heading into the final TORA GT race for Season 12, we would like to announce that Virtual SRT Motorsport will be making its final appearance.

This is because, after much thought and deliberation between myself and the rest of the XPR Leadership, that VSRT will be sadly, closing its doors. This is due to the real life SRT Motorsports in the Tudor United SportsCar Racing series, closing its doors after 2.5yrs of operation.

We were there essentially from the beginning, starting as a skunk works team and became a legitimate force to be reckoned with when we got the permission to represent SRT. We had a great presence on social media, and the team evolved into an online hub for anything Chrysler. With the end of SRT Motorsports we essentially became a team without a purpose, and it affected us quite a bit. For me, this meant much more than just an online team, and it pains me more than anybody else to us the VSRT branch fold.

Looking back, I am proud of what we achieved and don’t hold any regrets. I would definitely do this again, given the chance. I would like to thank everyone involved at SRT Motorsports that helped us along. I would also like to thank Louis Gillard for helping me secure this partnership. Lastly I would like to thank everybody that raced for, cheered for and followed us over the last 2 years.

Of course, a special thanks to TORA for hosting series for us to run in.

Stay tuned to XPR as we announce our plans soon for 2015 and beyond.

PS: What’s your favourite VSRT memory? Even if you didn’t race for us.

-Stephen
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Virtual SRT Motorsport Closing Its Doors :( :: Comments

theboomeranga

Post Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 3:23 by theboomeranga

Really unfortunate that it's come to an end
not that I was really part of it much but the SRT vs Aston Vs Ferrari vs Vette in the GTs on both platforms was great!

Hope you guys get another manufacturer soon (like Ford coming back Wink ) because the more the merrier!

S
look forward to some hopeful racing in the future!

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 3:52 by Ax4x Mikey J

Sad to see the end of an era. Sad

Back to top Go down

AdamWatson99

Post Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 13:55 by AdamWatson99

Unlucky XPR, Hope you get a new team soon. Gonna Miss the VIPER racing in them colours

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Bandit

Post Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 15:01 by Ax4x Bandit

Sad to see the team that helped me revive my career on TORA close. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 18:51 by XPR Roadrunner

As much as I dreaded the GT S10 season as a whole, I really enjoyed the endurance races. This is where the viper really showed its true colours as an endurance racing machine. Jumping an entire lobby from qualy to post race is always so rewarding Smile

As for the future, SRT was kind of the perfect blend of practicality and passion to make a partnership like this work. I think its safe to say we won't ever see something like this again, sadly.

But like I said, stay tuned for next year, we have plenty of exciting things coming up in the new year, some more than others *wink*.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Bandit

Post Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:24 by Ax4x Bandit

The endurance races seemed like the races where I shined the best. I always struggled with the sprint races.

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:39 by DonatedSatyr227

What a shame Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down