TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Christmas Message 2014 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Christmas Message 2014

Go down

TORA Christmas Message 2014 Empty TORA Christmas Message 2014

TORA Christmas Message 2014 Tora_b11

TORA Members,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has worked behind the scenes at TORA during 2014. There's no harm in saying that this has been probably one of the most difficult seasons for us and the Staff, Community Team, Stewards, Marshals and Media team have all worked admirably during some very tough times.
Thank you also to our magnificent community, now over 3000 members strong, spread over both generations of XBox and participating in an unprecedented number of championships across the last 12 months. From all new series including the TORA GP World Championship and F4H Pro Endurance to staple series such as TCC and TORA GT, you've been there racing hard, fast and fair. TORA remains the world's only officially recognised virtual motorsport group, a status we are extremely proud of. TORA's staff remain dedicated to bringing you the best, most professional racing opportunties and 2015 will be no exception.

We have already announced our intention to run our class leading TORA GT Championship on Project CARS as well as the 2015 TORA Endurance Championship complete with it's pioneering live coverage in partnership with Downforce UK and some as yet to be announced partners.
In addition to this we also revealed our plans to expand into the American market with TORA US. This will provide our fans across the pond the ideal chance to race in TORA based series at a more friendly time of the day. We also hope that this move will encourage new types of racing only seen in America to make its way to TORA and broaden the community's choice even further.
We are also proud to announce championships in 2015 in partnership with the Dunlop VAG Trophy [FM4] and Downforce UK as well as an all new series in partnership with Rogue Motorsport [FM5]. This will be the start of some fantastic new championships at TORA that will show off the best the British motorsport scene has to offer so stay tuned for more details as we enter 2015.
We will also see series and events run on Forza Horizon 2 and even GTA5! It's safe to say TORA is very much spreading it's wings.

TORA is committed to working closely with our real world and virtual motorsport partners and as such expect big things to come from this in the new season. TORA's staff would like to thank Turn 10, Playground Games, Slightly Mad Studios and Codemasters for their continued support as well as all of the real world teams, drivers, industry experts and championships who continue to believe in us and support us.
A big thank you must also go to our fantastic media partners at Downforce UK and Motors TV. Without them, in partnership with our own media team, we would not have been able to enjoy the fantastic TORA GT and TCC coverage on tv for the first time and TORA Radio would not be the success it now is.

We hope to see many of you on track with us in 2015 as well as active in the many discussion threads around the forums. The new season is going to be fantastic, see you on the track and in the meantime let me wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a competitive New Year.

Matt Hunter

Last edited by Matt on Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total

TORA Christmas Message 2014 EwVLgo3
TORA Christmas Message 2014 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA Christmas Message 2014 :: Comments

CreamyTastey

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 9:30 by CreamyTastey

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a nice time and see you on the grid in 2015!

And a huge thank you to Matt for making such a stable foundation on which we all can do what we love without it decending into chaos! So a huge thanks to you Matt!

Back to top Go down

CTM AnonCaliga

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 12:27 by CTM AnonCaliga

Cheers Matt and to all at TORA... Have a superb Christmas and see you all for the 2015 season!

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 14:49 by Ax4x Mikey J

santa Merry Christmas Matt! santa

Back to top Go down

EZT MAKO 6669

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 15:31 by EZT MAKO 6669

Happy holidays to all!! As a relatively new member, I have enjoyed my short time here, and had an absolute blast in the one series I was able to run. Looking forward to the 2015 season!! cheers

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 18:27 by ATR DAN

Well said Matt. Smile

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone. May this holiday season bring peace, excitement & joy to all. santa santa

Back to top Go down

PTG Chungus

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 18:32 by PTG Chungus

MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

have a brilliant new year fellas let 2015 be bright

Back to top Go down

ShrinkingSteven

Post Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 23:23 by ShrinkingSteven

Merry Christmas guys, my 5 days of drinking/ eating has already begun. So hopefully I'll be fit enough for Lemons. Cheers

Back to top Go down

SVR Solar

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 0:15 by SVR Solar

I aint gonna be drinking till Christmas day so hopefully i aint 2 hungover for Lemons haha Razz merry Christmas all Very Happy

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 0:29 by DonatedSatyr227

Let the drinking start Cheers

Back to top Go down

CRA XenoMorph

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:40 by CRA XenoMorph

Merry Christmas everyone Cheers

Back to top Go down

LMP Dragon

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:59 by LMP Dragon

Hauskaa joulua! Toivon että se on suuri yksi teille kaikille!

Back to top Go down

jonnotheone

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 16:50 by jonnotheone

Merry Xmas all of tora...well you can all drink an drink an be merry and be stinking of hangover for lemons I will be clear headed as I'm T total lol here's to 2015 on tora and many many tournaments MERRY XMAS ONE AN ALL...

Back to top Go down

MaynardMK4

Post Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 23:45 by MaynardMK4

Merry Christmas everyone!

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 2:04 by Ax4x Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Bandit

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 4:46 by Ax4x Bandit

Merry Christmas, everyone! santa

Back to top Go down

Standaman94

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 9:56 by Standaman94

Merry Crimbo rendeer

TORA Christmas Message 2014 GhgxUpw

Back to top Go down

theboomeranga

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:25 by theboomeranga

Twas the night before Christmas; there wasn’t a sound.
Not a possum was stirring; no-one was around.
We’d left on the table some tucker and beer,
Hoping that Santa Claus soon would be here;

We children were snuggled up safe in our beds,
While dreams of pavlova danced ’round in our heads;
And Mum in her nightie, and Dad in his shorts,
Had just settled down to watch TV sports.

When outside the house a mad ruckus arose;
Loud squeaking and banging woke us from our doze.
We ran to the screen door, peeked cautiously out,
snuck onto the deck, then let out a shout.

Guess what had woken us up from our snooze,
But a rusty old Ute pulled by eight mighty ’roos.
The cheerful man driving was giggling with glee,
And we both knew at once who this plump bloke must be.

Now, I’m telling the truth it’s all dinki-di,
Those eight kangaroos fairly soared through the sky.
Santa leaned out the window to pull at the reins,
And encouraged the ’roos, by calling their names.

“Now, Kylie! Now, Kirsty! Now, Shazza and Shane!
On Kipper! On, Skipper! On, Bazza and Wayne!
Park up on that water tank. Grab a quick drink,
I’ll scoot down the gum tree. Be back in a wink!”

So up to the tank those eight kangaroos flew,
With the Ute full of toys, and Santa Claus too.
He slid down the gum tree and jumped to the ground,
Then in through the window he sprang with a bound.

He had bright sunburned cheeks and a milky white beard.
A jolly old joker was how he appeared.
He wore red stubby shorts and old thongs on his feet,
And a hat of deep crimson as shade from the heat.

His eyes - bright as opals - Oh! How they twinkled!
And, like a goanna, his skin was quite wrinkled!
His shirt was stretched over a round bulging belly
Which shook when he moved, like a plate full of jelly.

A fat stack of prezzies he flung from his back,
And he looked like a swaggie unfastening his pack.
He spoke not a word, but bent down on one knee,
To position our goodies beneath the yule tree.

Surfboard and footy-ball shapes for us two.
And for Dad, tongs to use on the new barbeque.
A mysterious package he left for our Mum,
Then he turned and he winked and he held up his thumb;

He strolled out on deck and his ’roos came on cue;
Flung his sack in the back and prepared to shoot through.
He bellowed out loud as they swooped past the gates -
Merry Christmas to all, and goodonya, Mates!

Back to top Go down

Zeta0085

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 17:04 by Zeta0085

It's been a great and stressful time at TORA. I'm very grateful to have become a big help with streaming and photos. Everyone has been great.

Have a great Christmas everyone and see you for 2015.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Mikey J

Post Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 17:28 by Ax4x Mikey J

Magnus Racing Disappointed in BoP Adjustment for Reindeer Power
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2014 AT 02:18AM

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (December 25, 2015)- Citing concerns over a lack of homologation efforts for the North Pole-produced “Santa” GT Sleigh.R, Magnus Racing is left with no choice but to make their grievances public over the lack of Balance-of-Performance adjustments issued by series officials of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

“It’s clear with the latest BoP adjustments that the series has pre-determined who they want to succeed,” stated Magnus Racing team owner John Potter. “We understand that Santa Claus has quite a few toys to deliver, but he still has to play by the same rules that we all do.”

With a rumored entry coming from driver/owner Saint Nicholas, originally hailing from the Greek village Patara and now currently residing near the North Pole, the team has repeatedly requested clarification on where this vehicle will fit in the series’ structure. Despite efforts to balance a number of manufacturers all competing in the same space, including marques such as Porsche, Ferrari, and Audi, the latest round of performance changes have completely neglected the symbolic Northern European brand.

Running a sleigh that has yet to go through any wind tunnel tests, and a team of reindeer who have reportedly never been run on a dyno, the series continues to avoid any sort of performance measures on the vehicle.

“It’s completely unacceptable the way IMSA has behaved,” continued Potter. “We don’t even know how reindeerpower compares to horsepower, but the series seems uninterested in returning our calls… and don’t even get me started on aerodynamics. With a good tow, we’ll barely get above 170 at Daytona, yet this guy can get up to 1,800 miles per second. It’s just frustrating, they clearly want a new European manufacturer in the series and will do anything to make it happen, it’s unfair to the current teams.”

Knowing that officials would be unwilling to take their own initiative, Magnus team members took it upon themselves to submit large amounts of video evidence.

“We specifically handed (race director) Beaux Barfield hours of video proving our point,” stated Potter. “We showed him Miracle on 34th Street, the Santa Clause, Christmas with the Kranks, and even Ernest Saves Christmas, but all he had to tell us was they won’t accept any outside footage… especially featuring Tim Allen.”

Despite the team’s failed efforts, they still applaud everyone within IMSA, as well as IMSA’s teams and fans, for a successful 2014 and continued health headed in to the New Year.

Back to top Go down

BG Wumba

Post Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 12:54 by BG Wumba

Hope you had a good xmas guys, although I haven't raced in a while I had one of the most enjoyable championships earlier in the year with the last TCC, so fingers crossed we can bring out another cracker like that in the coming year. Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down