TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship Empty Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship IlrcNqg

The Online Racing Association (TORA) announces partnership with the Avon Tyres British GT Championship

TORA is proud to announce a landmark new partnership with the Avon Tyres British GT Championship that will see the real-world series feature heavily in the leading console sim racing community.

Founded in 2007, TORA’s initial inspiration was Great Britain’s national GT series and, with twelve virtual seasons under our belts, the opportunity has finally arisen to represent it officially for the first time.

“The Avon Tyres British GT Championship is the premier sportscar series in the country and I’m very proud to be associated with it,” said TORA President Matt Hunter. “The opportunity to finally represent it accurately through the TORA championship structure is outstanding and a true validation of what we do.

“TORA GT has been a mainstay championship at The Online Racing Association since day one and the move from production-based GT road cars to thoroughbred GT3 and GT4 machinery is a very exciting one. TORA’s staff are relishing the challenge ahead!”

“Sim racing and real world motorsport have tended to exist separately up until very recently, but we’re hoping to help change that,” added British GT Championship Manager Benjamin Franassovici.

“We’ve been approached about this sort of opportunity before but never felt like the technology could do the championship justice. TORA’s active community, stature and organisation allied to the accuracy of Project CARS changes all that and I can’t wait to see how the partnership develops. Hopefully fans and gamers alike will gain an insight into each other’s respective championships, which can only be a good thing for British GT as a whole.”

This will be the most high profile championship to be partnered with The Online Racing Association and follows closely on the heels of the Rogue Motorsport Cup and Maximum Group.net VAG Trophy. This further cements the status of TORA as a class leader in providing realistic, high quality virtual championships.

The 2015 TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship launches the association's racing activities on the new Project CARS title from Slightly Mad Studios and will feature six of the seven real-world rounds plus a media day at Brands Hatch and a seventh round at Zolder. The championship will also feature a strong line-up of contemporary GT3 and GT4 machinery for the first time in TORA's history.

Today, TORA can also reveal the calendar for the 2015 championship:

Media Day: Brands Hatch Indy 24/05/15
Meeting 1: Oulton Park 07/06/15
Meeting 2: Zolder 28/06/15
Meeting 3: Silverstone 500 05/07/15
Meeting 4: Spa Francorchamps 19/07/15
Meeting 5: Brands Hatch 26/07/15
Meeting 6: Snetterton 09/08/15
Meeting 7: Donington Park 16/08/15

The 2015 championship will enjoy coverage on TORA's Twitch TV and Youtube channels throughout the year and will air on Motors TV in the autumn with full commentary from TORA's dedicated Media Team and support from technical partners, Base Performance Simulators.

Further details on the championship will be revealed following release of Project CARS, May 8th 2015.

Last edited by Matt on Sat 9 May 2015 - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Announcing the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship :: Comments

FSR Groves

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 16:07 by FSR Groves

Woo!!! Great news! Smile

Back to top Go down

AMR of the Apex

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 17:21 by AMR of the Apex

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 19:24 by Turbo Power 77

Can't wait! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

skyshadow5

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 19:25 by skyshadow5

Awesome news Matt.

Back to top Go down

XPR Roadrunner

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 19:46 by XPR Roadrunner

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Morne in Glory

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 20:13 by Morne in Glory

get in there.....this is what ive been waiting for

Back to top Go down

DonatedSatyr227

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 20:35 by DonatedSatyr227

Meeting 1: Oulton Park 07/06/15 is on the same date as the World GT final round.

Back to top Go down

RumbleBee 392

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 20:46 by RumbleBee 392

Though i love seeing this, and it will be lots of fun. not a big fan of mimicking actual series.. but will the schedule change to host international tracks?

Back to top Go down

LMR Sahara

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 21:29 by LMR Sahara

Matt wrote:
Further details on the championship will be revealed following release of Project CARS, May 8th 2015.
Isnt today the 8th?

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Cowboy

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 22:09 by Ax4x Cowboy

Matt wrote:
TORA is proud to announce a landmark new partnership with the Avon Tyres British GT Championship that will see the real-world series feature heavily in the leading console sim racing community.

Dropping console from that sentence would have made it read so much better Smile

Great to see this being announced, know if anyone is planning to shadow this calendar on the PC - If not then I may be able to help.

Also, you need a new proof-reader: "Meeting 5: Brands Hatch 21st June 26/07/15" Wink

Back to top Go down

Standaman94

Post Fri 8 May 2015 - 22:15 by Standaman94

What, haven't you heard of the new Brands Hatch layout, "21st June"? It extends on the GP circuit a bit.

Back to top Go down

Zeta0085

Post Sat 9 May 2015 - 22:50 by Zeta0085

I am going to be a very busy person. Not like it's a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

skyshadow5

Post Sun 10 May 2015 - 0:43 by skyshadow5

Hmm, I take it you haven't read the outcome of the Caterham test session on the 9th. Random drop outs from the lobby, useless comms, problems joining lobby, locked options in multiplayer etc. Caterham cup now postponed until the game works properly, let alone the pad issues. Looks like the developers have a whole lotta work on their hands getting the Xbox One version of this game working properly; such a shame, the hype promised so much, the reality though is something else.

Back to top Go down

HCR Super T

Post Sun 10 May 2015 - 9:22 by HCR Super T

Series look good. GT cars seem easier to drive than most in the game but still have issue with them and as skyshadow said the controller issues are a problem

Back to top Go down

HCR Bellmond

Post Sun 10 May 2015 - 13:18 by HCR Bellmond

Great to see plans comming together but have to say clashing with the final round of WGT is an odd choice

Back to top Go down

LMR Sahara

Post Sun 10 May 2015 - 15:32 by LMR Sahara

MVG skyshadow5 wrote:Hmm, I take it you haven't read the outcome of the Caterham test session on the 9th. Random drop outs from the lobby, useless comms, problems joining lobby, locked options in multiplayer etc. Caterham cup now postponed until the game works properly, let alone the pad issues. Looks like the developers have a whole lotta work on their hands getting the Xbox One version of this game working properly; such a shame, the hype promised so much, the reality though is something else.

They are aware of some of the issues and are working to get a patch out "ASAP".
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues

Back to top Go down

AdamWatson99

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 11:24 by AdamWatson99

What Weather are we going to use through out the season?

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 11:25 by Matt

The forum sections for this will be opening this week.
As regards weather the plans are to keep things as real as we can. Suffice to say Accuweather.com should be sponsoring us!!

Back to top Go down

AdamWatson99

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 14:03 by AdamWatson99

I think my biggest fear is the entries for GT4. I think its a great series and going to be a great championship however i just have a fear that because GT3 is going to be so good that the entries for GT4 wont be much but i hope my worries wont come true

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 14:09 by Matt

I think we may see a good few teams who would normally run three or more entries in one class may end up putting their 'extra' driving talent into the GT4 seats.
Certainly I know of a couple of teams already considering that as a viable option for their driver roster.

Back to top Go down

Freheliaz

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 14:22 by Freheliaz

AdamWatson99 wrote:I think my biggest fear is the entries for GT4. I think its a great series and going to be a great championship however i just have a fear that because GT3 is going to be so good that the entries for GT4 wont  be much but i hope my worries wont come true
We can always enforce a GT3 cap till a certain amount of GT4 cars have been filled. Like how Pro GT forced a cap on LMP1s till a certain amount of GTE cars were running.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 14:33 by Matt

There will be a natural limitation to cars anyway so we should definitely see GT4 used this season.

Back to top Go down

paul299

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 17:04 by paul299

I'll probably be signing up for GT4, so there's at least one driver!! Razz

Back to top Go down

TLR Scrublord

Post Mon 11 May 2015 - 18:47 by TLR Scrublord

GT4 is Great!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next