TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

+29
LMP Dragon
CM FERRARI
F4H EGGY
DDM Driv3
TechnologicMau5
TW3ARING
jonnotheone
Wheres Mouse
SFM Benedict
LMR TopSecret
EVR Chiraq
DonatedSatyr227
ART Carrera
F4H Button
Simply Law
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
LMR Manthey
Texas PJ Pete
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Deftone MX
Diablo 29x
SnoopSLR8789
Fleaver
RhRc GmoPooP
ShrinkingSteven
connor7195
AndyT306
BTMX Slane
Matt
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

Post by F4H EGGY Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 21:42

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

TERRIBLE
F4H EGGY
F4H EGGY

TORA Race Number : 208
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 22:12

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME AND THE INGAME TALK BUG !!!!!!!!!! this is f##king stupid !!!!! with only 8 people in 1 Xbox live party the rest off us who are not in that party CANNOT HEAR THE 3-2-1- GO !!!!!!! and with this game being buggy IT WOULD NOT LET ME SAVE THE F##KING REPLAY !!!!
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 22:15

Was having a good battle for 2nd until I was put straight in the wall by a spinning GT4 through Eau Rouge Sad

Lots of lag in the lobby
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CM FERRARI Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 22:18

I got booted from lobby 3 on the formation lap in race 2. We lost at least 3 in race 1 too. Worst weekend of the championship so far for connections.
CM FERRARI
CM FERRARI

TORA Race Number : 602
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 22:32

Some fantastic racing in Lobby D today... Had some great battles and some spectacular crashes!
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 22:58

I think that lobby 3 went as well as it could have done considering all that has happened this evening... I never want to experience having to help set up an entire lobby on the fly again. Hosts should be sorted with backups available well before an event; not left to the participants to decide who should start a game and invite everyone. I want to thank F4H Diablo for stepping up and hosting this evening. I would have done it but there's maintenance going on with my internet and it's been on the blink all night. I did all I could to help him out but he did most of the work. Let's hope a situation like this does not arise again...
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CM FERRARI Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 23:10

Mr Driv3 wrote:I think that lobby 3 went as well as it could have done considering all that has happened this evening... I never want to experience having to help set up an entire lobby on the fly again. Hosts should be sorted with backups available well before an event; not left to the participants to decide who should start a game and invite everyone. I want to thank F4H Diablo for stepping up and hosting this evening. I would have done it but there's maintenance going on with my internet and it's been on the blink all night. I did all I could to help him out but he did most of the work. Let's hope a situation like this does not arise again...

Completely agree, just so frustrating after spending a week setting up and practising for connection issues to be the main talking point. Me and minardi05 had a great first race, good clean racing all around. Thanks to you and Diablo without whom we wouldn't have been able to get our race on.
CM FERRARI
CM FERRARI

TORA Race Number : 602
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 23:22

Yeah thanks Mr Drive & Diablo for sorting lobby 3 out great work given the time frame you had.

Had massive connection issues for both my races, didn't disconnect me but just kept giving me lag spikes even after a full reset.

Apart from that lobby 3 had some great clean racing up front from what I heard.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 23:50

This week was an utter joke and embarrassment.

Qualifying finished at 9 PM EST on Friday. Times were missing even into Saturday afternoon. Live timing wasn't accurate until that night. It should be updated by 12pm EST on Saturday, no excuses. Hosts should be determined on Saturday along with posting the race weather. You message drivers based on experience to host if there are no marshals for a particular lobby.

Today, I awaited my invite only to be asked 10 minutes before the race (5 minutes after invites were supposed to go out) if I can host. Lobby 3 was left out in the effing cold. No host, no messages, nothing. Drive can't host because his connection is on the fritz. We realized we needed to do something since no one else would. I had to step up and host, even though my connection is not strong enough to host.

All of that is unacceptable for a series of this magnitude.

None of these situations would have happened if everything was properly accounted for. Clearly there are too many tasks and not enough help behind the scenes. Expand the marshals team, expand the community team... Do what you have to do, because what happened tonight was embarrassing.

If you don't have time to complete a task yourself, delegate the task to someone that can in a timely manner.

Also, thank you to everyone in Room 3 for their patience and understanding. We made it through and I'm glad it's over. For the next race, let's get it together and plan ahead.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 23:51

Here are the results for Lobby B Heat 2:

It says that I, Fleaver, finished fourth ahead of TechnologicalMau5. Here is the actual finish:

I actually got fifth, behind Mau5.

On a side note, (virtual) driver safety is always of the upmost importance. Please watch for traffic before attempting to rejoin the track.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 6:49

Fleaver wrote:Here are the results for Lobby B Heat 2:

It says that I, Fleaver, finished fourth ahead of TechnologicalMau5. Here is the actual finish:

On a side note, (virtual) driver safety is always of the upmost importance. Please watch for traffic before attempting to rejoin the track.

That was one spectacular flip Shocked Looks like he lost the car trying to keep it on track and it gripped in a bad direction. Great racing there at the end Wink
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 7:51

my bad for that collision, another downside of not having lobby communication!

another glitch found though, if you end up on your roof your tyres become permanent cold - had to pit and change them, after doing a whole lap on ice skates!
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 9:11

I know a solution to that glitch, don't end up on your roof lol.

However it looks an epic crash.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 9:38

BTMX Slane wrote:I know a solution to that glitch, don't end up on your roof lol.

the collision put me on my roof... good job i was in the gt4 chat and could warn them there was an r8 sized speedbump at the top of a blind hill lol

took me a while to figure out how to get the car back on its tyres!
AndyT306
AndyT306

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR Chiraq Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:57

BTMX Slane wrote:I know a solution to that glitch, don't end up on your roof lol.

Hilarious
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:09

Sorry to hear some guys didn't have a great weekend of it.
All will be smooth again for Brands Smile
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:11

glitch's aside it was a good night, although i did have a lot of game/sound lag
AndyT306
AndyT306

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:38

Deleted**

Last edited by F4H Devil on Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:49; edited 1 time in total
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:39

I'm still getting the sound lag a little but it's way better than before.
Apparently, according to OXM, to solve some of the framerate issues if you turn the X1 to the 'always on' mode (so where you can turn it on by voice etc) it will make the framerate more stable.
Go figure. May explain why I don't have too many problems.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:47

F4H Devil wrote:
Fleaver wrote:Here are the results for Lobby B Heat 2:

I know how you feel, I had a bad one myself, but just looking at this. I don't think you can say "Please watch for traffic before attempting to rejoin the track." in this instance. AndyT wasn't even on the track at point of impact. Tbh, ALL 4 of your wheels were OFF TRACK. Although it probably would've been a good idea to used the pit exit to gain your speed back up Andy and rejoin a bit further down the track. Wink

Still...a spectacular crash!  cheers  Shocked

I still don't understand how our replays are going to be used for MotorsTV when we can't share them  scratch
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H EGGY Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:09

Matt the race last night was an absolute disaster lag every where couldent even battle i the gt4 last night in a lobby shocking !!!!!
F4H EGGY
F4H EGGY

TORA Race Number : 208
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 17:27

The lag unfortunately isn't our fault. It's a shame but not a lot we can do with that.

Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 17:44

How did you guys like the Silverstone style setup where GT3's and GT4's had their own lobbies?
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 17:47

It was so much better that way.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 17:49

yh, 4 people does not make a race imo
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next