TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

+29
LMP Dragon
CM FERRARI
F4H EGGY
DDM Driv3
TechnologicMau5
TW3ARING
jonnotheone
Wheres Mouse
SFM Benedict
LMR TopSecret
EVR Chiraq
DonatedSatyr227
ART Carrera
F4H Button
Simply Law
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
LMR Manthey
Texas PJ Pete
Ax4x Bandit
LMR Deftone MX
Diablo 29x
SnoopSLR8789
Fleaver
RhRc GmoPooP
ShrinkingSteven
connor7195
AndyT306
BTMX Slane
Matt
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

Post by EVR Chiraq Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 18:13

But the multi class aspect gets lost if we split it. Maybe we should increase the number of GT4s?
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: British GT: Spa Francorchamps Discussion Thread

Post by LMR Manthey Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 18:23

SorrySmithy wrote:yh, 4 people does not make a race imo

And add to that the disrespect GT4 racers get from several GT3 competitors out on the track...
LMR Manthey
LMR Manthey

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2012-05-30

http://motordeportes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 19:45

i do believe that it was pointed out that if a gt3 driver was making a pass on or lapping a gt4 it was my understanding that the gt 3 drivers would flash their lights to make sure the gt 4 car was aware of the car behind.so what your saying because of as you put it several drivers of gt3 were not doing as stated.
im i wrong?
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H EGGY Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 20:36

I think the own lobbys where better but takes the fun out of it but i thinks spa was one of the worst sessions i have had with the lag and i think a few ppl had issues aswell i no you cant deal witht he lag but i think there is other options to try and deal with the issues Wink
F4H EGGY
F4H EGGY

TORA Race Number : 208
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas PJ Pete Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 21:40

xVampirAx wrote:i do believe that it was pointed out that if a gt3 driver was making a pass on or lapping a gt4 it was my understanding that the gt 3 drivers would flash their lights to make sure the gt 4 car was aware of the car behind.so what your saying because of as you put it several drivers of gt3 were not doing as stated.
im i wrong?

Cheers this seems acceptable, but make me laugh when a gt4 driver flashes you back like i had in first championship race.
Texas PJ Pete
Texas PJ Pete

TORA Race Number : 153
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Manthey Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 0:36

xVampirAx wrote:i do believe that it was pointed out that if a gt3 driver was making a pass on or lapping a gt4 it was my understanding that the gt 3 drivers would flash their lights to make sure the gt 4 car was aware of the car behind.so what your saying because of as you put it several drivers of gt3 were not doing as stated.
im i wrong?

Yes that is a reason, you could say. Another huge issue that I noticed is that some GT3 competitors were making forceful passes in corners were it simply wasn't going to work. I heard "oh well they were just trying to keep up behind the leaders", but that is no excuse to make forceful passes on other slower competitors and punt them off. I had a GT3 driver who literally threw his car on the inside and hit me coming through the Bus Stop chicane because he was afraid he was going to continue losing time behind the leaders when he should've waited until we hit the straight after the chicane and then make a pass. Some drivers and just too impacient out there and they really need to calm down.
LMR Manthey
LMR Manthey

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2012-05-30

http://motordeportes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EVR Chiraq Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 0:56

LMR Manthey wrote:
im i wrong?

Yes that is a reason, you could say. Another huge issue that I noticed is that some GT3 competitors were making forceful passes in corners were it simply wasn't going to work. I heard "oh well they were just trying to keep up behind the leaders", but that is no excuse to make forceful passes on other slower competitors and punt them off. I had a GT3 driver who literally threw his car on the inside and hit me coming through the Bus Stop chicane because he was afraid he was going to continue losing time behind the leaders when he should've waited until we hit the straight after the chicane and then make a pass. Some drivers and just too impacient out there and they really need to calm down.
Yes that's true. Just wait for the straight to pass the GT4s, they lack of top speed and acceleration out of the corners. But no they want it the hard way and maybe ruin the races of others. Some people are so selfish. It's part of the game in multi class racing, that you lose time when you're sitting in the faster car and hitting traffic, it's normal. Some people gain from it some people suffer from it, it's normal.
EVR Chiraq
EVR Chiraq

TORA Race Number : 130
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 10:12

Any lobby i host i say at the start flash to lap to let the driver ur are lapping aware u are there so they dont suddenly move of their line

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 12:16

Just to clarify here it's the GT3's job to pass cleanly.
The GT4 needs to just hold their line and the GT3 must work around them. This is the same arrangement we have had with our multiclass sportscar series for years. Obviously, communication is at a premium here but that being said the lobbies I have been in there have been very little in the way of problems with this.
In RL, we don't have the advantage of being able to talk to the guy I'm passing so it's up to me and the driver to have the wherewithal to make it happen safely.
The GT3s in this case have to be more respectful and patient. GT4's please hold your line and don't move erratically. In my opinion GT3 should be running with lights on at all times to aid the GT4 visibility. Certainly I always have my lights on form the second I leave the pits.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 17:48

To add to that, hold your line does not mean that when a GT3 is next to you, you turn into him because that's your line. The point of holding your line is to be predictable.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 20:59

Could just say use your common sense? cheers
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 21:04

LMR Deftone MX wrote:To add to that, hold your line does not mean that when a GT3 is next to you, you turn into him because that's your line. The point of holding your line is to be predictable.

People are always turning in on me doesn't matter what class they are in lol
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 21:18

AndyT306 wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:To add to that, hold your line does not mean that when a GT3 is next to you, you turn into him because that's your line. The point of holding your line is to be predictable.

Know that feeling from Silverstone Laughing
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR MountainMan Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 21:40

LMR Deftone MX wrote:
AndyT306 wrote:

Know that feeling from Silverstone Laughing

lol!
LMR MountainMan
LMR MountainMan

TORA Race Number : 22
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 8:58

thats because no one wants your greasy ass here anymore Colin! Razz lol! I love you
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4