TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

+33
desertrainfrog
CRi RE3iD CRG26
Dragonsyoung
STR stug77
LZR ForceOne
nickyf1
Diablo 29x
LMP Dragon
AdamWatson99
ART Carrera
SVR Solar
MID LAND ZETA
RW26 BLAZE
MAB170294
TJSteel
HCR Bellmond
rondanger
LMR Hybrid
BAM Leigh
Ax4x Mikey J
Richy59
djlandrover
PTG Chungus
Fazed Intro
paul299
F4H Stingray
PROD DTechR
BHAFC Scorpion
SGR Amber
HCCR Rabidus
Matt
VPR Torque
Ax4x Chaddy
37 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

Post by Richy59 Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 23:27

Well that was great fun in whichever lobby I was in - C I think. I heard a few knocks and bashes behind me in race 1, but from what I saw we all had some good close racing, took me back to the good old days where the racing was just plain fun Razz

Cars seemed pretty even to me, I had races with all the makes during the race and it was always close and fair during the on track fighting. Once you get a bit of space and can keep some consistency it's amazing how much you can pull away from a few cars that are squabbling for position.

Not sure I enjoyed the track tbh, but maybe lack of practice didn't help as I struggled to find a flow through the first sector.

Thanks to everyone who was in my lobby, racing was good, things ran smoothly and we had a good time. It's good to be back Very Happy

Last edited by Richy59 on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 9:06; edited 1 time in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

Post by LMR Hybrid Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 23:57

HCR Solar wrote:
LMR Minardi wrote:Got taken out in Race 1 and had connection issues in race 2.. I've gotten hit in the past few races I've done in various championships. Organized racing is turning into pubic lobby racing more and more each day. I'm about to stop racing all together, this [Censored] is a joke.

seems like everyone is willing to take Desperate measures to secure or Keep the positions, i was getting tapped here and there some worse then others, still made the move stick, but to get straight lined into to turn 1 coming onto the 13th lap i think it was, is fcking ridiculous, i stopped racing these singular events for that sole purpose everyone is getting bitter about quicker drivers and dont wanna accept it nowadays it seems.

it was chad that hit you at turn one. i think he said his controller disconnected
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 0:42

HCR Solar wrote:
LMR Minardi wrote:Got taken out in Race 1 and had connection issues in race 2.. I've gotten hit in the past few races I've done in various championships. Organized racing is turning into pubic lobby racing more and more each day. I'm about to stop racing all together, this [Censored] is a joke.

seems like everyone is willing to take Desperate measures to secure or Keep the positions, i was getting tapped here and there some worse then others, still made the move stick, but to get straight lined into to turn 1 coming onto the 13th lap i think it was, is fcking ridiculous, i stopped racing these singular events for that sole purpose everyone is getting bitter about quicker drivers and dont wanna accept it nowadays it seems.

Guys, I have a suggestion, this is what the stewards process is for. I suggest using it.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 0:43

LMR Hybrid wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:

it was chad that hit you at turn one. i think he said his controller disconnected

yeah me and chad have spoke about it.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 1:05

HCR Solar wrote:

I got straight lined dive bombed in the second to last corner.. like wtf there's not much space at the entrance there and people expect to dive bomb... Like the quality of driving has really gone down over the years honestly
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 1:25

there is only one way the racing standards are going to get better, and that's to put in an SI for the incidents you felt wrongly affected by.

If you don't submit it how are we every going to know what happened, when it happened, and who it was that done it?

I've seen a few posts around the forums about racing standards.

You have 2 options, say nothing, race here and get smashed every race then complain about it, or put SI's in and get the offenders penalized, and repetetive offenders banned
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 1:30

HCR TJSteel wrote:there is only one way the racing standards are going to get better, and that's to put in an SI for the incidents you felt wrongly affected by.

If you don't submit it how are we every going to know what happened, when it happened, and who it was that done it?

I've seen a few posts around the forums about racing standards.

You have 2 options, say nothing, race here and get smashed every race then complain about it, or put SI's in and get the offenders penalized, and repetetive offenders banned

Agreed.

We can't start to correct anyone's driving standards or race etiquette unless SI's get filed.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 9:11

I can't help but notice (again) how the lower lobbies everyone has good close fair racing and it nearly always tends to be A Lobby that has issues....perhaps the points should be reversed and us better, but slightly slower racers should get full points Wink

Epic races with stug in particular in C Lobby. I counted about four switchbacks in as many corners on one lap, oh, and no contact :p
Had close racing with nearly everyone at some point. This circuit really showed the RWD advantage just because those guys could get on the power way earlier than FWD. Quite interesting in that regard. Looking forward to the next thrilling installment. Smile
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 10:00

Lobby B ---> Going to be honest Race 1 wasn't the best I have seen. People going for stupid moves, coupled with arguing and too much talking which can put drivers off. People I seen in both races stayed within track limits unless they were giving an opponent room or avoiding accidents

Race 2 was brilliant. Mad Bull Ben hats of to you. Wouldn't give up and made so brilliant moves. Well done on the two wins, the race is thought was a lot cleaner, however hearing there was too many dive bombs but nature of cota it's just 90° corners or hairpins
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:02

when i joined this i was expecting something like this,

https://www.twitch.tv/karkinossolar/v/54866503

good clean racing, as u can see i dont dive bomb anyone and i make nice Clean moves, also when defending i did not try squeezing people off the track or anything,

FYI for the Stewards process after getting Screwed up in both Races i quit after getting straight lined in first corner so i quit out the race so i dont have the replay. maybe something should be Implemented where Stewards sit in the Races and make quick Judgements on Certain Collisions and Corner Cuts and stuff like that, a bit like how they did for the NEO Endurance Race on IRacing.

only a Suggestion.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:14

HCR Solar wrote:when i joined this i was expecting something like this,

good clean racing, as u can see i dont dive bomb anyone and i make nice Clean moves, also when defending i did not try squeezing people off the track or anything,

FYI for the Stewards process after getting Screwed up in both Races i quit after getting straight lined in first corner so i quit out the race so i dont have the replay. maybe something should be Implemented where Stewards sit in the Races and make quick Judgements on Certain Collisions and Corner Cuts and stuff like that, a bit like how they did for the NEO Endurance Race on IRacing.

only a Suggestion.

The problem with having someone sit in is that we are limited by camera angles and can only see one car / corner at a time, not sure how it is on iRacing but being PC I'd assume you can have more spectators or at least more camera angles, also if the replays are anything like rFactor they were brilliant, could look at the track from wherever you wanted to.

I was down in lobby 4 this week but to be honest everything seem to run pretty smoothly, (bit of a crash in the s's of race 2 but from what I can see it wasn't intentional (someone hit kerb and lost back end I think) and I only missed the smash by a few inches). fighting with LMP Dragon was quite frustrating, think we had complete opposites in the form of aero as I was gaining quite a bit through the s's then losing it afterwards we made a few smooth passes during the race and had a tiny bit of rubbing, was good fun, even though he did beat me.

Personally I preferred round 1 as we went with more cars per grid so there was more to battle with, and it was brands indy so more cars + smaller track was awesome, I think we need to come to an agreement of a different start procedure that dismisses the need for a mic so we can utilize the larger lobby capabilities, plenty ways we can pull it off and the racing would be better for everyone
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:21

HCR TJSteel wrote:

only a Suggestion.

The problem with having someone sit in is that we are limited by camera angles and can only see one car / corner at a time, not sure how it is on iRacing but being PC I'd assume you can have more spectators or at least more camera angles, also if the replays are anything like rFactor they were brilliant, could look at the track from wherever you wanted to.

I was down in lobby 4 this week but to be honest everything seem to run pretty smoothly, (bit of a crash in the s's of race 2 but from what I can see it wasn't intentional (someone hit kerb and lost back end I think) and I only missed the smash by a few inches). fighting with LMP Dragon was quite frustrating, think we had complete opposites in the form of aero as I was gaining quite a bit through the s's then losing it afterwards we made a few smooth passes during the race and had a tiny bit of rubbing, was good fun, even though he did beat me.

Personally I preferred round 1 as we went with more cars per grid so there was more to battle with, and it was brands indy so more cars + smaller track was awesome, I think we need to come to an agreement of a different start procedure that dismisses the need for a mic so we can utilize the larger lobby capabilities, plenty ways we can pull it off and the racing would be better for everyone

yeah i hear that we say this every year but i hope FM7 has more Camera Angles and stuff like that, Brands is always a good track for TCC, maybe COTA West wasnt the best as people seemed desperate 2 make moves at COTA and it all just seemed Barbaric, but ill do the next round if everything is the same ill pull out if it changes then ill stay.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:43

HCR TJSteel wrote:

only a Suggestion.

On iRacing you can rewind the race and select from any number of views and cars. You can event select by lap so you don't have to rewind the tape like an old VHS. For big events like the NEO Endurance Series, they have stewards who can hand out penalties on the fly.

CotA West also is dangerous because the corners allow for aggressive driving. T1 is a nightmare, the long double apex to acute left before the triple apex right... Fun to drive but people for full-NFG and just dive you instead of racing moves. I partially blame the track (Tilkedrome, thanks for that...) and also a lack of familiarity with the track in that drivers don't quite have the passing zones figured out. T1 you just need to give room to the driver on the outside. Don't pass in the chicanes, it's stupid. The hard left from the back straight- see T1 rules. The inner section unless you have the move made 100%, really shouldn't pass. Next to last turn- only really if you want to be a Poop or it's the last lap. No one really should be passing in the last turn because it destroys your run out of the turn, or again, it's the last lap and you want to block pass.

It seems like people don't really "think" about what they're doing while racing, and just dive at any opportunity. This is why you see some of us drivers who have lots of racing experience back off coming into turns even though we have a run because we know it's just not worth making a pass in a certain spot. I agree with Sam though, driving standards have dropped over time, not just here, but all around. Not to say great races aren't had, not saying that at all. I think now the community has a lot of fast "drivers" and not as many fast "racers", if that makes sense...

Sorry for being long-winded :drool:

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:55

HCR TJSteel wrote:

only a Suggestion.

I wasn't in your lobby TJ haha. That was Phantom Smile
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 14:00

LMP Dragon wrote:I wasn't in your lobby TJ haha. That was Phantom Smile

Same difference, knew it was LMP someone lol
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 16:58

I had dragon........oh lord i bloody had dragon Mad Mad Mad Mad
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Dragon Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 17:38

Sub Zero Nova 2 wrote:I had dragon........oh lord i bloody had dragon Mad Mad Mad Mad

Did my tail get in the way a bit? Wink
LMP Dragon
LMP Dragon

TORA Race Number : 93
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://lmpdragon.jgsw.me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 18 Jul 2016 - 17:59

Wow. I just had a check on the SI's, and despite all the moans and rants about driving standards, apparently NONE of it was bad enough for anyone to take the few minutes to actually file a single SI.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 12:20

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Wow. I just had a check on the SI's, and despite all the moans and rants about driving standards, apparently NONE of it was bad enough for anyone to take the few minutes to actually file a single SI.

I was working so didnt have a chance in the alloted time.....
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 12:21

May i also Remind everyone to sign in As apposed to 5 second before the start...if you cant access the google doc please post or message one of the staff or marshal team .
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 17:26

Fellas!!!!

Its Touring Cars, get your elbows out and enjoy it.

Sh*t happens simple as.

Look back at every other TCC season thread, same old same old.
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 18:15

HCR Bellmond wrote:Fellas!!!!

Sh*t happens simple as.

Cheers
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 22:29

HCR Bellmond wrote:Fellas!!!!

Sh*t happens simple as.

Does it say about Taking 4 cars out in 1 move ?
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 23:45

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Wow. I just had a check on the SI's, and despite all the moans and rants about driving standards, apparently NONE of it was bad enough for anyone to take the few minutes to actually file a single SI.

did u even read my above post where i put that i quit out to much Raging and therefore i didnt have the replays?, also i was busy catching Pokemon not enough time to put a SI in Razz literally ive gotten over it Chad apologized no need to put anything in against him i can sort it out man to man instead of these SI's.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:23

Bugatti is on Tuesday night, don't forget to sign in for it!!!

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16944-wix-racing-tcc-race-sign-in-live-timing
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next