TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

+53
FAA Mad Bomber
Lanrell21
SorrySmithy
AMS Shagga
GTDon2
LMP Crimsonify
Muiry
AMS Jubba
GTR Widowed
XRS RoberAstur
DOR Corcoran
HordSS
FTR LEGENDZ
BM Norm
CLARK BRATS 22
MRT Peter86
JordanMcGonigal
RANDPLAYER
Zai8567
PPS Lucky
Fusion14
Heikonyan
Wicked Singe
FSR Groves
Jan Filip S
EZT MAKO 6669
SVR NO MERCY
LZR Harmonic
Ax4x Mikey J
ORC Sarverious
Amarth
TheMaddBrownie
GR1M RACER
BigBen13x
Owen Vision
TLR Scrublord
LMR Manthey
Biggsy tv
S34LEY
Diablo 29x
SGR Amber
DOR ForlornBear
LMP Dragon
EllahElly
isyoube
HCR Faithless
HCCR Rabidus
LSEM BIGMAN
STR stug77
Kurzheck
SubaruWRX522
XUnknownHitmanX
Matt
57 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Post by RANDPLAYER Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 15:43

Matt wrote:Incidentally - I've had confirmation that outstanding vehicles have now been delivered Smile

Yes, got my car just an hour ago, time to prep for next round!

RANDPLAYER

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion

Post by GTDon2 Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:47

There's good potential in FM7, nothin wrong with the physics at all, just a lot of missing or buggy things that were not expected from the 7th generation. Not trying to downplay any of the annoying misses, they are still very annoying, just that they look fixable and we should be patient.

As an aside, it (FM7) gives me the strong impression that it has no knowledge of its own past, as though the people who worked on it have no historical perspective on what worked well and what didn't in previous versions. The absence of continuity is probably because the devs weren't even around for FM1-6 I suppose. In effect, they must start almost from scratch as a result. This process then tends to omit obvious good things, and change things that didn't need to be changed.

Instead of getting a game that continually builds on the success of past versions, you get what is practically a new and almost unrelated game that somewhat ignores the successes of the past, while repeating the same problems that were once already addressed. All of this lands squarely on the shoulders of the leaders of the T10 team. If you can't remember where you have been, you won't know where you are going.
GTDon2
GTDon2

TORA Race Number : 126
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://theforzaunderground.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS Shagga Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 11:19

Matt wrote:Incidentally - I've had confirmation that outstanding vehicles have now been delivered Smile
edit: I have the car now....Thanks, very much appreciated Smile

Last edited by AMS Shagga on Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 13:49; edited 1 time in total
AMS Shagga
AMS Shagga

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 12:56

Figured out why I was off pace lol. Lets see whats wrong with this picture. Forza replays dont even work properly now.
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Fc87405c-c023-41f5-b48d-887e3d0594dd
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 14:53

That's an awesome disguise bud!! lol!

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Y4AOm8B

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 MMW7lPFTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Ugzq3mETORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 SyP3J7VTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 ThRRsUxTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 UDO8mUuTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 16:00

Pro, Pro-Am1, Pro-Am2 standings now added in Smile

After next weeks races we'll be inviting drivers who seem to either be exceeding their expectations or falling short of what they hoped (me!!) to switch classes.

For reference;

Pro - Proven championship winners either at TORA or elsewhere.
Consistent race winners and/or members of high end esports teams.

Pro-Am1 - TORA regulars who achieve results in 'top half' lobbies.
Occasional race winners but with a proven track record in a range of TORA series/events.

Pro-Am2 - Drivers new to TORA or esports racing generally. This is the best class to learn the ropes without the stresses of top lobby performance.
Also considered the 'gentleman driver' class for those who just love to get involved.

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 EwVLgo3
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 18:25

THCRIMSONIFY wrote:I have to agree with Matt on the whole TORA - Turn10 relationship. As a game dev myself, it's impossibly frustrating to tackle issues with lousy and rude costumers. Having a problem pop-up is annoying enough without people screaming all over the Internet: "you did it better last time, why is this simple thing not working, you suck, etc."

The sole purpose of TORA is to be a competitive racing community and the whole purpose of Turn10 is to make good racing games. You think they just shipped the game with all the bugs out of pure evil? I'm pretty sure they were rushed. Deadlines suck but with a whole time of white-collar executives behind your [Censored] back all the time, is even worse.

Only dialogue will prevail and actually solve problems.

True, but they do know they're going to set a September release date every two years. Kind of hard to be rushed if they stick to a schedule like that. Also, if it's not done, DELAY the launch. I had a game on 3DS I was going to get in August get delayed to the same week as Forza. I was mad, but now I can get it. I hope the extra two months made the game release better than rushing it to the public. Yes, people will be pissy about it delayed, but wouldn't that be better than what we're currently dealing with? Not like Mircrosoft is going to be like "T10 y'all are out because this game delay." These guys have talent, and that's why they're where they are. Just need to put it out there better I guess. I hope they work hard to stop the bleeding so to say, and this game works out to be the best yet. I love it, but the multiplayer issues really are where I spend most of my time. I have been sending them feedback on things I find that aren't working without being mean about it.

TL:DR don't release a buggy game (if possible) and just let the community know, "hey we found some things we didn't like, so we're going to fix that before giving you the game."
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

TORA Race Number : 883
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2016-04-22

https://onlineracingcollec.wixsite.com/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 17:50

Thing is, you can't halt a game like Forza because Microsoft uses it as the guinea pig for new tech, because racing games can push computers and consoles to their limits, both CPU and graphics. Forza 5 was the launch title on the XB1, and it was without a doubt the WORST of the 7 games that have been released- buggy as hell, AND less than half the content of FM4 (500 cars/27 tracks to 200 cars/17 tracks). You could argue like 30% of cars on FM7 are just filler content but that's a debate for another time.

Forza 7 is the tech demo for the new XB1X. They can't release the console without a matching game optimized to show it off.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Rib110
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 19:03

^ Very well said, Diablo.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 19:09

F4H Diablo wrote:Thing is, you can't halt a game like Forza because Microsoft uses it as the guinea pig for new tech, because racing games can push computers and consoles to their limits, both CPU and graphics. Forza 5 was the launch title on the XB1, and it was without a doubt the WORST of the 7 games that have been released- buggy as hell, AND less than half the content of FM4 (500 cars/27 tracks to 200 cars/17 tracks). You could argue like 30% of cars on FM7 are just filler content but that's a debate for another time.

Forza 7 is the tech demo for the new XB1X. They can't release the console without a matching game optimized to show it off.

Great information dude 👍

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanrell21 Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:25

Fanally my car arrive last night 11:45 PM, is already painted and Tune but not tested yet, for the first time ever I will drive in the Cockpit, I never try this but as I always do that in iRacing why not here too.
Lanrell21
Lanrell21

TORA Race Number : 421
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2014-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS Lucky Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 23:51

PTG Muiry wrote:
PPS Lucky wrote:Unfun [Censored] show. Yep, that sums up today.

Forza 7 is a mess.
Qualified for [Censored]
Got knocked off the track both races.

I thought this was a for fun activity?

Sorry about race 2, my internet got very unhappy despite having been completely fine during qualy. Looks like I'll be out of the rest of the race meets until I can get something better sorted, as it is it just makes me a liability on the track

Thanks Muiry, I know you didn't do it intentionally -

PPS Lucky

TORA Race Number : 316
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 1:35

PPS Lucky wrote:
PTG Muiry wrote:
PPS Lucky wrote:Unfun [Censored] show. Yep, that sums up today.

Forza 7 is a mess.
Qualified for [Censored]
Got knocked off the track both races.

I thought this was a for fun activity?

Sorry about race 2, my internet got very unhappy despite having been completely fine during qualy. Looks like I'll be out of the rest of the race meets until I can get something better sorted, as it is it just makes me a liability on the track

Thanks Muiry, I know you didn't do it intentionally -
There was all manner of weird things going on in Lobby C on Sunday.  I'm still trying to figure out how I can lag that much and not drop out of a race.  Stupid party-lag bug.

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 BYYuASn
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 HAEUnL7TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 KdgZ8UeTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 CQUSyXgTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 099o0vaTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 PvJCMixTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 FU7yRaHTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 QBEMUyMTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 NPhnnNgTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 WDatqwmTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 9CkOLQ8TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 GpwltaLTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 M2WT61vTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 BKfvezfTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 O2Aon8DTORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 ZDh93lU
TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 ZDh93lU
1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS RoberAstur Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 17:44

When will the document be available to make the sign in ???
XRS RoberAstur
XRS RoberAstur

TORA Race Number : 375
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-10-16

http://www.teamxrs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 17:46

XRS RoberAstur wrote:When will the document be available to make the sign in ???

Not untill next week mate Monday I think

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS RoberAstur Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 17:49

True, it's a race every two weeks !!!!

Thank you!!!
XRS RoberAstur
XRS RoberAstur

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 17:51

No worries mate 👍

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by FAA Mad Bomber Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 21:29

i signed up for this before the deadline but i havent received the car i need to participate can anyone help??
FAA Mad Bomber
FAA Mad Bomber

TORA Race Number : 144
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS RoberAstur Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 0:15

What are the weather conditions for tomorrow's races ???
XRS RoberAstur
XRS RoberAstur

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanrell21 Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 2:49

I guess I don't get a invitation for the qualification unsure
Lanrell21
Lanrell21

TORA Race Number : 421
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2014-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 5:06

XRS RoberAstur wrote:What are the weather conditions for tomorrow's races ???

All races will be in dry conditions.

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 5:07

Lanrell21 wrote:I guess I don't get a invitation for the qualification unsure

That's because qualifying isn't until 2000GMT today Smile you'll get an invite prior to the start.

TORA Carrera Cup Winter Series - General Discussion - Page 8 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Yamagura Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 22:32

Sorry to anyone that got caught up in the crash at the last corner in Race 2 in my lobby tonight.
SVR Yamagura
SVR Yamagura

TORA Race Number : 247
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruWRX522 Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 23:15

Half the results for C lobby aren't in live timing?
SubaruWRX522
SubaruWRX522

TORA Race Number : 229
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2017-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 23:16

Unfortunate disconnect today. Will be back for Lime Rock even faster and more consistent than I was at Silverstone and Mugello Cheers

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next