TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Communication Issues EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Communication Issues EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Communication Issues EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Communication Issues EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Communication Issues EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Communication Issues EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Communication Issues EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Communication Issues EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Communication Issues EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Communication Issues

+2
Ax4x Se7en
Ax4x Mikey J
6 posters

Go down

Communication Issues Empty Communication Issues

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 5:45

It has come to my attention that some are refusing to joining the race lobby party.

This is not a request, it is MANDATORY that everyone remains in communication as it is necessary for race control to inform you of restart and safety car procedures, as well as other competitors calling pit in and pit out during the race.

Deliberately ignoring lobby host requests via not joining the lobby's party will result in penalties effective immediately.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Communication Issues Empty Re: Communication Issues

Post by Ax4x Se7en Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 4:47

Edit: I'm an idiot, sorry gents.

Last edited by DOR AutoFool on Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 22:22; edited 1 time in total

SimR #11
Ax4x Se7en
Ax4x Se7en

PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2019-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 13:01

DOR AutoFool wrote:Really though? I mean if you know the rules and are experienced there is no reason for you to be in the chat lobby. An experienced driver will recognize a flag and safety car and all that.

I understand if TORA requires it, but in that sense it just show the lack of ability of drivers.... I'm not even a good driver, but I understand everything that could happen. Maybe that is due to my running with Nascar leagues. Who would have though they require more intelligence then than your average league......

If this is too salty, tell me to go [Censored] myself and I will delete this post, just my honest option. Seems like it is more intense to race in BRR than TORA....

Even in some DOR events, when we combine lobbies, the experienced drivers are not expected to join the chat lobby because we expect them to know what the F to do.....

If the GT 300 is that much different than the TORA 12 hours of Sebring, I will stop racing after this event (not that it would be a big loss or anything....)

It's much like a drivers meeting at an autocross event. They are normally mandatory (at least they are up here) even though 98% of the drivers are familiar with the rules and don't really need to be there. There are normally a couple rookies that do benefit from it, and if you're caught out by the rules it falls upon you. In 99% of league racing I've done (10 years worth), hopping into party chat for the race has always been mandatory, and I've raced at a number of leagues that still stand and have since closed up. Maybe it's the tradition that has maintained this rule rather than necessity, idk.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

Communication Issues Rib110
Communication Issues Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ORC Sarverious Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 16:35

I have done multi class and single class racing since forza 2. I prefer to have party chat or game chat to talk with drivers when needed. But i don't always talk back, and as 2o4f members would tell you, i talk alot.

I feel it's good to be in chat where the rest ofnthe group is just for the off chance something happens and communication needs to be quick. Turn chat volume down until you see something that looks off and then ask if there's a caution or whatever. Seems pretty easy of a rule to follow.
ORC Sarverious
ORC Sarverious

TORA Race Number : 883
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2016-04-22

https://onlineracingcollec.wixsite.com/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 17:31

TORA has a long-standing rule requiring use of a mic and headset for a reason. Communication.

Start: pole sitter taking left or right? It's best if you are in contact with the rest of the lobby to hear which lane to be in. The front of the field also frequently tells when they are slowing down to form up, it's good to be able to hear that, especially coming around a blind curve or over a crest.

Restart/Safety Car: rules say three or more cars w/damage as a primary reason for either. If you are out of the party, how can you let the host know you have damage? If your damage is unheard, no restart or safety car for you. Simple. Also, there's "when pits open" calls and such during safety car periods, as well as restart positioning that you really should hear at the time.

Pitting: it's required that you call "pit out" as you leave the pits, as it lets others know to look for and react to a car entering the track. Especially on tracks such as Laguna Seca where cars come out really slow into a lane of race traffic that is at top speed. This helps avoid someone's race ending very badly.

It's not required that you call out every move you make or where you are in proximity to others, but that too can help avoid some unfortunate situations. I know there are "proximity arrows" but there are also some who find the arrows annoying, thus turn them off. For that reason, being in audible contact with the guy whose blind spot you're occupying may be a good idea.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Se7en Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 22:10

Yeah that all makes sense. I was in a bad mood and decided to play internet tough guy. Sorry about that Mikey. I was an idiot.

SimR #11
Ax4x Se7en
Ax4x Se7en

PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2019-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyCyclist11 Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 15:56

I guess I need to get a headset, but no issues thus far without it.
NerdyCyclist11
NerdyCyclist11

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2019-03-19

http://www.AHProRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 17:25

If you can hear Party/Lobby host then you should be fine. We have some regular drivers here at TORA without a microphone/headset but are still in party to hear what is going on. So you could have the party also go through the TV if that is your preference.

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.

Dare Devil Motorsport Founder

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content