TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread

+14
Ax4x Cyrus
SFM Darkzer
Chief Tokembowl
Vanquisher0077
GTR Norbert
RW26 BLAZE
FSR Groves
BigBen13x
Freheliaz
MAVERICK3138
DARK l MATTER
Windcharger8199
VNX Uranium
Radiation Louis
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread Empty 5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 7 May 2019 - 22:22

Hello and welcome all to qualifying for this years 500. I would hope you all have read the rules regarding qualifying. This thread is my way of communicating with you. Those who have not yet set a time will be given priority on track. Search my gamer tag Radiation Louis and join the session.

The registration thread will be open until 1PM Eastern/ 6PM BST on June 1st so any entries joining as qually goes on are welcome.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread Empty Re: 5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread

Post by VNX Uranium Wed 8 May 2019 - 19:10

Im unable to qualify due to work on June 1st. Is there any other way to qualify?? I really want to do this but i cant take off of work for a video game. If you guys can run another session Friday afternoon/night for people who are busy Saturdays.
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2018-03-21

Back to top Go down

5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread Empty Re: 5th Annual TORA INDY 500 Qualifying Thread

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 10 May 2019 - 22:24

right now there is not. however you will not be turned away from racing. only the top 33 qualifiers get classified but other lobbies hold drivers that didn't make it in on speed. you guys dedicate a lot of time for these races and some people do in fact schedule time off work to do them. Thus why you may not qualify for the race but still participate in the event.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Fri 10 May 2019 - 23:40

Radiation Louis wrote:right now there is not. however you will not be turned away from racing. only the top 33 qualifiers get classified but other lobbies hold drivers that didn't make it in on speed. you guys dedicate a lot of time for these races and some people do in fact schedule time off work to do them. Thus why you may not qualify for the race but still participate in the event.

Understood but i came 8th overall in the last Indy500. I want to be in A lobby and i know i have a shot at doing it again this year. But as you state, if i dont qualify i cant win it at all and thats where im asking for TORA to run a second qually on Friday prior to race. I need to make money for college so i cant take off of work. I’ll be very disappointed if a Friday qualifying session isn’t put in for people with tight schedules. I race this to win overall not come 49th in D lobby. Please consider having a Friday session with the TORA team
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Windcharger8199 Sun 12 May 2019 - 4:47

[quote="ZOMBIE GUT kill"]

Understood but i came 8th overall in the last IIndy 500

Ah actually I came 8th overall last year.  because I remember the bitter taste of defeat after spinning from the effective race lead and ending up 8th.
Windcharger8199
Windcharger8199

TORA Race Number : 81
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DARK l MATTER Sun 12 May 2019 - 14:55

ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:
Understood but i came 8th overall in the last Indy500. I want to be in A lobby and i know i have a shot at doing it again this year. But as you state, if i dont qualify i cant win it at all and thats where im asking for TORA to run a second qually on Friday prior to race. I need to make money for college so i cant take off of work. I’ll be very disappointed if a Friday qualifying session isn’t put in for people with tight schedules. I race this to win overall not come 49th in D lobby. Please consider having a Friday session with the TORA team

Louis has already put aside two days of his own time to run this. And you're asking more of him?
DARK l MATTER
DARK l MATTER

TORA Race Number : 500
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Sun 12 May 2019 - 16:00

DARK l MATTER wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

Louis has already put aside two days of his own time to run this.  And you're asking more of him?

Doesnt have to be louis who runs it. Pretty sure its more then 1 person hosting qualifying. But whatever obviously seems like TORA can give a rats ass about having flexible qualifying days.
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Sun 12 May 2019 - 16:01

Windcharger8199 wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

Ah actually I came 8th overall last year.  because I remember the bitter taste of defeat after spinning from the effective race lead and ending up 8th.

Im pretty sire i was 8th. I know i finished top 10 A lobby for sure. Maybe 5th??
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERICK3138 Sun 12 May 2019 - 19:12

ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:
Windcharger8199 wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

Im pretty sire i was 8th. I know i finished top 10 A lobby for sure. Maybe 5th??

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t19123-4th-annual-tora-indy-500-may-19-20th-live-timing

Not sure what your gamertag was last year but you certainly didn’t finish 8th overall
MAVERICK3138
MAVERICK3138

TORA Race Number : 31
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Sun 12 May 2019 - 20:34

MAVERICK3138 wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:
Windcharger8199 wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t19123-4th-annual-tora-indy-500-may-19-20th-live-timing

Not sure what your gamertag was last year but you certainly didn’t finish 8th overall

I finished 6th. But i wont be racing if i cant qualify. I dont care to race if i cant compete for the overall win. Hopefully they make a 2nd qually or else screw em.
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Wed 15 May 2019 - 21:55

I'm volunteering to do a qualifying session on Friday evening UK time running from 22:00 BST to 01:00 BST on Saturday.
Also since I most likely won't make qualifying on Saturday.
But people who don't qualify will all be placed in the bottom lobby I guess. But what if there is a big speed difference in those racing that's not good for the race itself.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Thu 16 May 2019 - 2:14

Freheliaz wrote:I'm volunteering to do a qualifying session on Friday evening UK time running from 22:00 BST to 01:00 BST on Saturday.
But people who don't qualify will all be placed in the bottom lobby I guess. But what if there is a big speed difference in those racing that's not good for the race itself.

Thank you❤️❤️
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Thu 16 May 2019 - 15:04

ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:
Freheliaz wrote:I'm volunteering to do a qualifying session on Friday evening UK time running from 22:00 BST to 01:00 BST on Saturday.

Thank you❤️❤️
I'm afraid that's not how this works.  As Louis said, qualifying will only take place during the day on June 1st.  Thanks for the offer, Frez, but we are not going to have any more sessions than the ones that Louis has outlined.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Thu 16 May 2019 - 15:16

Ax4x Big Ben wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

Thank you❤️❤️
I'm afraid that's not how this works.  As Louis said, qualifying will only take place during the day on June 1st.  Thanks for the offer, Frez, but we are not going to have any more sessions than the ones that Louis has outlined.

Yeah sorry guys. We can't go and add additional qualifying sessions if a few people can't make it. Otherwise we have to do so every time somebody asks and that just isn't feasible.

I can't make qualifying or the race due to the real IndyCar race at Detroit, but I'm just sucking it up as that's unfortunate.

What's more, offers for additional help or sessions during an event would probably be best made directly to the organiser rather than on General Discussion in future.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Thu 16 May 2019 - 15:24

JGROVES1996 wrote:
Ax4x Big Ben wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:

Thank you❤️❤️

Yeah sorry guys. We can't go and add additional qualifying sessions if a few people can't make it. Otherwise we have to do so every time somebody asks and that just isn't feasible.

I can't make qualifying or the race due to the real IndyCar race at Detroit, but I'm just sucking it up as that's unfortunate.

What's more, offers for additional help or sessions during an event would probably be best made directly to the organiser rather than on General Discussion in future.

Like mentioned before. Why would i care to race if im not in A lobby. I know dam well i can make A lobby as i did it last time with ease. Im not here to race w/ slower drivers. I want to fight for a win not 1st place in D lobby by 10+ seconds. Yes some just want to race to race but im certainly not like that, im not putting time into this race to not participate in A lobby. So if TORA is going to be like this then tell em to shove it. You guys do it for LeMans but not this what total bs.
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DARK l MATTER Thu 16 May 2019 - 15:57

ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:Like mentioned before. Why would i care to race if im not in A lobby. I know dam well i can make A lobby as i did it last time with ease. Im not here to race w/ slower drivers. I want to fight for a win not 1st place in D lobby by 10+ seconds. Yes some just want to race to race but im certainly not like that, im not putting time  into this race to not participate in A lobby. So if TORA is going to be like this then tell em to shove it. You guys do it for LeMans but not this what total bs.

According to this
you started 8th in B lobby, you didn't easily make A lobby.
Also, if you plan to fight for a win, you'll have to find about 2 minutes of race time because I don't plan on going any slower. Your qualifying time was 0.268s slower than mine, multiplied by 200 plus whatever other issues you had.
DARK l MATTER
DARK l MATTER

TORA Race Number : 500
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Thu 16 May 2019 - 16:50

DARK l MATTER wrote:
ZOMBIE GUT kill wrote:Like mentioned before. Why would i care to race if im not in A lobby. I know dam well i can make A lobby as i did it last time with ease. Im not here to race w/ slower drivers. I want to fight for a win not 1st place in D lobby by 10+ seconds. Yes some just want to race to race but im certainly not like that, im not putting time  into this race to not participate in A lobby. So if TORA is going to be like this then tell em to shove it. You guys do it for LeMans but not this what total bs.

According to this  
Also, if you plan to fight for a win, you'll have to find about 2 minutes of race time because I don't plan on going any slower.  Your qualifying time was 0.268s slower than mine, multiplied by 200 plus whatever other issues you had.

I swear it was A lobby. Cuz they asked us if we wanted to use safety cars
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by VNX Uranium Thu 16 May 2019 - 16:52

DARK l MATTER wrote:

According to this  
Also, if you plan to fight for a win, you'll have to find about 2 minutes of race time because I don't plan on going any slower.  Your qualifying time was 0.268s slower than mine, multiplied by 200 plus whatever other issues you had.

Either way i was top 10 in the end so thats a happy result for me. Cant do that again if i cant qually
VNX Uranium
VNX Uranium

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Thu 16 May 2019 - 21:34

have you actually done ANY long endurance qualifying ZOMBIE GUT Kill.

The reason for multiply Q dates is due to the fact that theres many people to go through. IndyCar is louis series and those are the days he only has available. we all have lives to live you know.

Infact theres some series i like to race in and such but my actually work finishes bang on the Qualifying session starts. 8pm GMT. if im back and they offered me to runfor the race, depending how i feel, i say yes or no for the race.

so what the f**k are you moaning about. if you are so fussed, run your own bloody series and do everything yourself.

RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Norbert Fri 24 May 2019 - 16:42

The most important thing you fail to realise Zombie is the very fact that TORA will organise their event with or without you participating. You're one of hundreds of drivers registered on this website, it's impossible to come up with a system that suits everyone's needs. Can't attend a quali session or a race? Tough luck, no matter what position you finished in the previous years.

This is also true to other aspects of life. Don't expect the world to adapt to you, you have to adapt to it yourself.
If everyone's going to the opposite direction on the highway, maybe, just maybe they're not actually the idiots but you are.
I'd also advise you to tone your ego down a little bit. You won't get any sort of help if you're this toxic Wink

The TLDR version: You don't matter here as much as you think and the Indy 500 will be held with or without you participating.
GTR Norbert
GTR Norbert

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2019-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanquisher0077 Wed 29 May 2019 - 22:45

I am sorry for asking this but i cannot find the qualifying rules😓. If someone can me a favour link it to me thank you👍💓

Vanquisher0077

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Thu 30 May 2019 - 1:22

Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Fri 31 May 2019 - 23:39

I'd like to participate in the final hour session of qualifying tomorrow.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Sat 1 Jun 2019 - 3:43

Qualifying starts at 10 am tomorrow, correct?
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Sat 1 Jun 2019 - 4:07

Chief Tokembowl wrote:Qualifying starts at 10 am tomorrow, correct?

10 AM EDT, yes!
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next