TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
INDY 500 Genreal Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

INDY 500 Genreal Discussion

+7
Freheliaz
BM34 fungamez
Chief Tokembowl
DOR Corn Wolf
Springaahhh
LSEM Crimson
Radiation Louis
11 posters

Go down

INDY 500 Genreal Discussion Empty INDY 500 Genreal Discussion

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 14 May 2019 - 0:50

500 TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

INDY 500 Genreal Discussion Empty Re: INDY 500 Genreal Discussion

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 14 May 2019 - 0:54

FYI to all

DARK l MATTER  is the defending race champion and has the option run #1 on his car for this event.

Should he refuse to run it NoDoubtFlatOut has next option to run the number as he is defending TORA IndyCar Series Champion.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM Crimson Fri 24 May 2019 - 19:16

Ah yes, good ol' Gen-real discussion Wink

LSEM Crimson

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Springaahhh Tue 28 May 2019 - 22:33

Just to clear up any confusion... we are only permitted to run the homologation restrictor plate, correct?
Springaahhh
Springaahhh

TORA Race Number : 91
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR Corn Wolf Wed 29 May 2019 - 10:26

Just a quick question, I think I have managed to get someone to race with me from DOR however we both might be struggling to make qualifying, I know right 2 UK guys who can't make earlier US times. We might be struggling to get back to qualify due to commitments.

Do we have to qualify? I know this seems like a daft question, just trying to sort out a couple of issues before we submit a team.
DOR Corn Wolf
DOR Corn Wolf

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-14

https://www.deltaonlineracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Thu 30 May 2019 - 1:41

So how fast are these '18 cars compared to the '17s or whatever they were last year? It looks like a low 38 was required to make the field last year. Does this data still apply?
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BM34 fungamez Fri 31 May 2019 - 10:32

Just a quick question

Which gen and specs are used?

I could not find anything about it in any of the topics... Maybe it's just me being stupid but I think that this info is still missing...
BM34 fungamez
BM34 fungamez

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-05

http://badscher-motorsport.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Fri 31 May 2019 - 23:41

2019 Indycars with the homolegation restrictor plate and low downforce aero kit.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanquisher0077 Sat 1 Jun 2019 - 7:28

Hi. Can someone please tell me who will host the qualifying sessions

Vanquisher0077

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 1 Jun 2019 - 12:58

I will be and it'll be up to you to join my qualifying lobby
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

INDY 500 Genreal Discussion Empty SFM_Official coverage on Twitch

Post by DARK l MATTER Wed 5 Jun 2019 - 15:43

First, thanks to Louis for organizing this race, he really runs a first class event. Also thanks to the lobby hosts. How about an Indy 250 in November? Embarassed

If anyone wants to see some great coverage of the race, and see some action you couldn't because you were, well, kinda busy driving, check out the SFM_Official coverage which can be found on Twitch. Darkzer & friends provide some great commentary, and there are even graphics, like a news ticker! I watched the whole thing and just want to make two clarifications to points that were made, because even though they were spectating most cars, it was impossible to know everything that was going on.

1) When Suomy passed me around lap 45 (the first time.....), they guessed that I must have wrecked and that is how it happened. I didn't wreck, it was just Suomy's speed. He was gaining about 2.5 seconds every 10 laps for the entire race, and it took the 44 laps to recover from his lap 1 wreck to catch me. We were both lucky to not wreck because I was lagging when he was approaching me and passing me, and I didn't actually know where he was, or where I was. I have no memory of the event other than panic - muscle memory took over. My only pace-issues in the race were a few minor wall scrapes which had almost no effect.

2) Someone in the twitch chat thought that Suomy made a mistake to pit on lap 200 (or was it 201, one of those two), but that is incorrect. Suomy had no choice but to pit one more time, or else he would have run out of fuel and I would have won. In order to make this a 9-stop race, drivers had two choices: 1) 8x20 laps, 2x21 laps. 2) 9x20 laps, 1x22 laps. My strategy before the race was option 2, and I was able to get 22 on the first stint and didn't have to worry about fuel again, and my last pitstop was lap 182. Suomy only made 21 laps on the first fuel stint, which is why I pitted one lap later than him for the entire race. If he didn't pit on lap 200/201, he would have run out of fuel near the start of 202, and I was right behind him so I would have won easily. He made the right decision! Up until he emerged from the pits ahead of me, I thought I had the race in the bag. I thought the pit delta was 40 seconds, but it was actually 33 seconds, which I had in my notes but forgot due to race stress. One more pitstop than me cost him 33 seconds, but he was up a lap on me at 37 seconds = 4 second win. Something in his freaky-fast gearing makes the car less fuel efficient, as can be seen by the very high RPMs that he runs. I expect Suomy to find a fix for this for next year, just like I will try to find a bit more speed without sacrificing fuel economy. I look forward to next year! Congratulations to Suomy, very well deserved!
DARK l MATTER
DARK l MATTER

TORA Race Number : 500
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanquisher0077 Wed 5 Jun 2019 - 15:50

Never got the invite to the race. Got told by louis that i was in lobby B and told me that i would get an invite from Hunty1981. I never got that invite. Even after constantly messaging him i got no invite. By the time i tried to ask other drivers in the lobby to invite me i was too late. The race had started. About 2 hours of practise races went to waste. Was a bit sad but life goes on and so did I.

Vanquisher0077

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Wed 5 Jun 2019 - 21:38

DARK l MATTER wrote:First, thanks to Louis for organizing this race, he really runs a first class event.  Also thanks to the lobby hosts.  How about an Indy 250 in November? Embarassed

If anyone wants to see some great coverage of the race, and see some action you couldn't because you were, well, kinda busy driving, check out the SFM_Official coverage which can be found on Twitch.  Darkzer & friends provide some great commentary, and there are even graphics, like a news ticker!  I watched the whole thing and just want to make two clarifications to points that were made, because even though they were spectating most cars, it was impossible to know everything that was going on.

1) When Suomy passed me around lap 45 (the first time.....), they guessed that I must have wrecked and that is how it happened.  I didn't wreck, it was just Suomy's speed.  He was gaining about 2.5 seconds every 10 laps for the entire race, and it took the 44 laps to recover from his lap 1 wreck to catch me.  We were both lucky to not wreck because I was lagging when he was approaching me and passing me, and I didn't actually know where he was, or where I was.  I have no memory of the event other than panic - muscle memory took over.  My only pace-issues in the race were a few minor wall scrapes which had almost no effect.

2) Someone in the twitch chat thought that Suomy made a mistake to pit on lap 200 (or was it 201, one of those two), but that is incorrect.  Suomy had no choice but to pit one more time, or else he would have run out of fuel and I would have won.  In order to make this a 9-stop race, drivers had two choices: 1) 8x20 laps, 2x21 laps.  2) 9x20 laps, 1x22 laps.  My strategy before the race was option 2, and I was able to get 22 on the first stint and didn't have to worry about fuel again, and my last pitstop was lap 182.  Suomy only made 21 laps on the first fuel stint, which is why I pitted one lap later than him for the entire race.  If he didn't pit on lap 200/201, he would have run out of fuel near the start of 202, and I was right behind him so I would have won easily.  He made the right decision!  Up until he emerged from the pits ahead of me, I thought I had the race in the bag.  I thought the pit delta was 40 seconds, but it was actually 33 seconds, which I had in my notes but forgot due to race stress.  One more pitstop than me cost him 33 seconds, but he was up a lap on me at 37 seconds = 4 second win.  Something in his freaky-fast gearing makes the car less fuel efficient, as can be seen by the very high RPMs that he runs.  I expect Suomy to find a fix for this for next year, just like I will try to find a bit more speed without sacrificing fuel economy.  I look forward to next year!  Congratulations to Suomy, very well deserved!

Great feedback! Glad you enjoyed the show.

Always interesting to hear the technical side of things. We were wondering what on earth was happening, thanks for explaining!
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedaway Fri 7 Jun 2019 - 0:07

DARK l MATTER wrote:First, thanks to Louis for organizing this race, he really runs a first class event.  Also thanks to the lobby hosts.  How about an Indy 250 in November? Embarassed

If anyone wants to see some great coverage of the race, and see some action you couldn't because you were, well, kinda busy driving, check out the SFM_Official coverage which can be found on Twitch.  Darkzer & friends provide some great commentary, and there are even graphics, like a news ticker!  I watched the whole thing and just want to make two clarifications to points that were made, because even though they were spectating most cars, it was impossible to know everything that was going on.

1) When Suomy passed me around lap 45 (the first time.....), they guessed that I must have wrecked and that is how it happened.  I didn't wreck, it was just Suomy's speed.  He was gaining about 2.5 seconds every 10 laps for the entire race, and it took the 44 laps to recover from his lap 1 wreck to catch me.  We were both lucky to not wreck because I was lagging when he was approaching me and passing me, and I didn't actually know where he was, or where I was.  I have no memory of the event other than panic - muscle memory took over.  My only pace-issues in the race were a few minor wall scrapes which had almost no effect.

2) Someone in the twitch chat thought that Suomy made a mistake to pit on lap 200 (or was it 201, one of those two), but that is incorrect.  Suomy had no choice but to pit one more time, or else he would have run out of fuel and I would have won.  In order to make this a 9-stop race, drivers had two choices: 1) 8x20 laps, 2x21 laps.  2) 9x20 laps, 1x22 laps.  My strategy before the race was option 2, and I was able to get 22 on the first stint and didn't have to worry about fuel again, and my last pitstop was lap 182.  Suomy only made 21 laps on the first fuel stint, which is why I pitted one lap later than him for the entire race.  If he didn't pit on lap 200/201, he would have run out of fuel near the start of 202, and I was right behind him so I would have won easily.  He made the right decision!  Up until he emerged from the pits ahead of me, I thought I had the race in the bag.  I thought the pit delta was 40 seconds, but it was actually 33 seconds, which I had in my notes but forgot due to race stress.  One more pitstop than me cost him 33 seconds, but he was up a lap on me at 37 seconds = 4 second win.  Something in his freaky-fast gearing makes the car less fuel efficient, as can be seen by the very high RPMs that he runs.  I expect Suomy to find a fix for this for next year, just like I will try to find a bit more speed without sacrificing fuel economy.  I look forward to next year!  Congratulations to Suomy, very well deserved!

Thanks mate, i had great fun in my first event. I thought it might of been all over after my mistake at the beginning, but it turns out it wasn't. The pit stop at the end made it fairly close.

Speedaway

PC PC

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down