TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah)

Go down

R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah) Empty R.I.P. Hugh Hayden (owner of Speedy Racing Team Sebah)

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 22:39

It is with great sadness that Planetlemans has to report the passing of Sebah Racing principal Hugh Hayden. Hugh suffered a heart attack on Saturday whilst on the Iberian peninsula, where the Sebah Racing managed and operated Rebellion Racing squad was testing ahead of the 2011 season.

Hugh was one of the friendliest persons in the endurance paddock and a well-known face to many working in and around the paddock. In 2001 Hugh and his son Bart joined the European Le Mans Series with their Porsche 996 GT3 R and despite not having the most up-to-date race car Hugh and his team managed to win the LMES GT2 Team Championship in 2004 and 2005.

In 2008 the Sebah Racing name returned in its full glory when Hugh teamed up with Alexandre Pesci and entered a Lola LMP2. The cooperation continued and after entering one LMP2 and one LMP1 in 2009 the team was renamed Rebellion Racing in 2010 and entered two LMP1 Lola’s in the Le Mans Series.

Hugh had a passion for sports car endurance racing, he aimed to be the best in that and was always ready to help out other people and teams. Given that fact Hugh and his team had been testing at the Monteblanco circuit last week and were planning to test at Portimao this week. While the test at Portimao did go ahead as scheduled – it was unfortunately without the presence of Hugh.

All we can do now is to express our deepest sympathies to Hugh’s son Bart, his relatives and all that were working with him. We wish them all the best for the difficult time ahead.

Hugh, you will truly be missed by all!
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down