TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

General Discussion

+32
narboza22
JeffH16
VVV GunDaM
Captain Handbag
Rickard_Olsson
AAR PacMan
Stonewall458
F4H Bullet
EZT PDILLY77
ckBrenneke
GTR Evoluzione
Bob Dixon 76
VVV Grimm
CQR Senna
AMR JSlim
CQR Rogue
TG Wormburner
culchi
Matt
ATR DAN
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
Richy59
CQR The Butcher
johnnyboy360
CQR Aero
Radiation Louis
lfcnicklfc
AMR of the Apex
JAMIE ANDERS0N
nickyf1
LMR DarthMario
36 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: General Discussion

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:05

Really Chris? It's a voiced concern, it's even asked of us to do. No one attacked anyone then you respond like a child. Isn't this attitude the reason you're even in charge of a thing?

Slim, Bob, Magic, and Grimm I'm out until the pompous [Mod Edit - please watch the language, this is a forum open to all ages - Scot] changes his crap attitude
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:06

It wasn't meant as a serious answer, just seemed to be the one you wanted, seeing as all of our proper answers seem to fall on deaf ears.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:09

As do our suggestions
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:11

VVV worm wrote:It's not as much of being negative as it is explaining a valid situation and being basically told "deal with it". If someone had their qualifying ruined week in and week out in real life they would change the rules to prevent it. In real life....professional drivers running consistent times close to one anothers. Here.....not so much.

I will be pulling over on my out lap out of the way and waiting on everyone to finish. Then I'll go grab my clean qualifying session while everyone else waits.

And nothing in the rules say you cannot do that worm which is perfectly fine i do not object at all.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:13

Chris wrote:Just don't race, then you won't have to worry about it.

REALLY!!! That's your honest opinion on a valued fast competitive fair decent member having valid issues to raise!!! I see why his absolutely livid. Most of us would be in his shoes after that response.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back with a fresh reply that doesn't sound like AJ Zero has logged in as you.

Cheers Chris, seriously, in the main you guys are doing a sterling job. There are and always will be valid and invalid concerns raised which understandably demoralise and demotivate staff. Please look at these issues/concerns/complaints as constructive in the main and highlight that even though this is a game, it's still real life, peoples time and effort, and that there is genuine care, love and affection for racing virtually.

Cheers again. Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:16

VVV Slim wrote:Also my main concern regarding the race is it being recorded by times right?

Now I've never had much problem with that, but on Tsukuba it could play a huge factor in the race results. A GT2 driver could be better off in a lobby full of GT2 cars instead of a multi class lobby. I might be wrong but that's the way I'm seeing this. Say if I qualified in the top 3 of GT2 and the rest were Prototypes, I would lose alot more time than what I would of in a room full of GT2's.

If you get me?

I do get you sir and also a valad point, we will be striving to make the traffic levels equal to all in every lobby so that every one will have to deal with the same number of prototypes and everyone will have to deal with the same number of GT cars. that is for durring the race which is how i'm interpreting it correct me if i'm wrong slim.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:24

[quote="Slim, Bob, Magic, and Grimm I'm out until the pompous [Mod edit] changes his crap attitude[/quote]

I'll catch up with you online, probs in about 5 mins if you're on bud. For here I'll just say I understand your reaction mate, but please consider the length of this championship, the other drivers who relish the chance to race against and learn from fast clean guys like yourself.

Chris has done a lot and has taken a lot of flak recently, some called for some not. From experience I can tell you it mounts up quickly and eventually everyone just flippantly replies. Chris doesn't mean to just shrug off the opinions of others that I am sure of.

If anything Worm. See how this and the next ISCC race pan out if nothing else mate. I'd really appreciate it if we all let things die down a little, but still raise our opinions and points from both sides.

working together we will make a difference I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:25

VVV Magictap wrote:
Chris wrote:Just don't race, then you won't have to worry about it.

REALLY!!! That's your honest opinion on a valued fast competitive fair decent member having valid issues to raise!!! I see why his absolutely livid. Most of us would be in his shoes after that response.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back with a fresh reply that doesn't sound like AJ Zero has logged in as you.

Cheers Chris, seriously, in the main you guys are doing a sterling job. There are and always will be valid and invalid concerns raised which understandably demoralise and demotivate staff. Please look at these issues/concerns/complaints as constructive in the main and highlight that even though this is a game, it's still real life, peoples time and effort, and that there is genuine care, love and affection for racing virtually.

Cheers again. Matt

Ok ok ok guys i'm trying my best here i really am, now we all know how frustrating things can get and we all know some people have short fuses, chris has been working really hard on a number of things and he showed his frustration a bit do not slag one another off and really don't call someone (he who must not be named) for that may lead to more anger going back and forth both ways and create an arguing match and all memebers involved end up turning around and not comming back. So please don't take things personal. I know some of you take your online racing seriously, for you it's a hobby and you are expressing concernes which i like you guys to do but please, consider where comments are comming from and think of what the persons personality is like before going off and insulting someone.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:30

Also guys keep in mind this is the ONLY short track on the schedule, I put it on here to see how we all would react to tight confines of a race track, yes it is a bull ring of a circuit but one that i have seen produce great races in all classes of cars from X class to E class just give the race a shot, it could end up being the best race you ever have on this game.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:33

Cheers Audi, I did not call Chris that, I merely suggested his reply sounded like he who shall be named if need be had high jacked a convo!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:35

Don't race then pretty much means if you don't like it leave. If Chris has too much going on then give some responsibility to someone else that I'm sure would be more than willing to help.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:35

it's all good magic.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:38

VVV worm wrote:Don't race then pretty much means if you don't like it leave. If Chris has too much going on then give some responsibility to someone else that I'm sure would be more than willing to help.

I am here trying to help you sir please keep the feedback comming you are a valued memeber here worm, like i said he's just showing a little frustration which can get the better of us sometimes.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:39

OK, so clearly you guys are upset, and I apologise, however as Louis suggested, all the suggestions, which yes were requested, are in my opinion being pushed a little too hard.

If you make a suggestion, and someone comes back and says "thanks, but we're not changing that for the following reasons", that does not mean that you have not been listened to and therefore need to threaten dropping out, pulling over, intentionally blocking, intentionally bashing etc etc etc. That kind of comment just shows that you didn't listen to the response, not that I/we didn't listen to the suggestion.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:44

VVV worm wrote:I understand it's a hot topic Chucky but the what is the lesser of the two evils? Me having a clean session that no one but myself can ruin or someone having to wait 4 minutes on me to finish my laps?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm really not. This is a game though, I play it for fun not to get upset at qualifying each week. The simple solution is to turn off collisions in qualifying but that isn't happening until someone of power gets crashed and decides realizes the problem.

Sorry to go back to this but what i meant by this is yes pull over and hot lap when everyone else is finished but please don't complain about the length between quily and the race as we may have to wait on other lobbies who have chosen to do the same, I think its a good idea that we just take turns doing laps but its the length of time this takes is why we avoid it pointing it out in the rules. And please just take Chris' response as a joke dont leave Worm

Last edited by Chucky 1982 on Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:45

Thx for coming back Chris.

I feel you have taken these comments the way you described above, but they were I feel mean't as a response to and of the ramifications and a way of an explanation, not maliciously.

Pulling over is the only way to ensure a clean quali with the rule set as is. So I'd expect it tbh and I'm glad its raised and put out there as an option that falls within the rules.

cheers again

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:48

The short track isn't the problem.
Winter GT @ Sedona qualifying issues but a good race.
ISCC @ Motegi qualifying issues but a good race.
NGTC I've ran two qualifying sessions, started first and no issue started last and waited for 20 extra seconds and no issue, one more lap there would have been. Great race in both though.
I'm not knocking your different series. I've had a blast racing in every single one but at the same time I've had an awful time with other cars in qualifying in every race someone was in front of me. You stick the faster guys behind me and they have the same issue with my car.
In the end this is a video game and we are all here to enjoy ourselves. Why not give us the opportunity to do so? No knock on PLOW (you guys are fun to be around) but they had a concern with Iberian in a series and it was immediately fixed. They didn't like sim damage in another series and it was immediately fixed to limited so you can downshift hard in a corner.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:52

With Winter GT and NGTC we try and put the fast guys together etc what we do is the next race we get the drivers table and set that as the q lobbys and just move the hosts, I was put in the PLOW lobby once Im like 3 seconds a lap off there pace and I knew that and pretty much got out there way and let them pass. so what Im saying the better you are the higher up you are for quily
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:54

Everytime I type a new response is up and it will turn into a 10 page novel at this rate. Sorry if this is two posts in a row.

Chucky I haven't complained about the time between races. I know it's a pain in the ass to organize things.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:55

Can I just ask people to watch what they are typing? We are open to all ages and have a moral obligation to make sure we are suitable for all ages, so please be careful with what you are typing.

I understand there's some strong feeling regarding the issues being discussed, but some self-restraint would be appreciated.

Thanks.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:58

So are people gonna stay and attend this race? pull over at quily and do your runs by yourself and try the race?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:58

i can answer part of that worm that being, we switched the qualifying to laps so that everyone has the same number of laps in qualifying weather they're being held up or passed. Now what you do with that fixed lap count is up to you, that being do them all and get them out of the way, or pull over and wait for the traffic to clear, or do them all in traffic and go with a dirty lap. As for the tracks being changed in another series I was no aware that is was one team comming up and saying "this doesnt work change it" and it was changed, the change I was aware of with Iberian was that it came from many memebers not just one team.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 20:01

can we make it so everyone as to pit before the 40th minute

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620