TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Production Endurance:  Suggestions? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Production Endurance: Suggestions?

+2
XTI Avenger
nickyf1
6 posters

Go down

Production Endurance:  Suggestions? Empty Production Endurance: Suggestions?

Post by nickyf1 Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 20:19

Its just a little idea that popped into my head after watching some Continental Tire Sportscar races (Its the part of Grand-Am I love!). I want some suggestions from you guys as to how it will be run, I want it to be a really fun series with cars that are a ''bit different'' to the norm.

My concrete blueprint however, is this:
-Four Races of at least 100 miles each
-Racing slicks are prohibited
-Aero pieces are prohibited
-Cars that have a bit of weight and needed-effort to them
-Ban on driver aids

I'm thinking either two classes or one class. Class 1 (up to the 500hp range, above 2,800lbs) would include cars (Muscle, saloon, GT) like the new Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, M3 etc.. and Class 2 (up to the 250hp range, below 2,800lbs) would have slower lighter cars (hatchbacks, roadsters, saloons) such as the Mini, Civic, MX-5, Fiesta, Clio etc..
Basically I want cars that require a bit of effort, but aren't too hard to drive; Cars that need momentum to keep going, and encourage good racecraft.

I basically need to ask, who's interested? what night would everyone want to do this? What time? Two classes, or One class?

My aim is to run this over February/March, with a rough calander being: Sunset Road Reverse, Silverstone Grand Prix, Road America, Nordschleife.

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Production Endurance:  Suggestions? Empty Re: Production Endurance: Suggestions?

Post by XTI Avenger Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 21:12

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! Might make a good Community Night race/series. I'd personally love love love to do this if it was run on a Friday/Saturday night as those would probably be my only free nights. If we could fill two classes, a 50/50 lobby could be pretty fun.
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Production Endurance:  Suggestions? Empty Re: Production Endurance: Suggestions?

Post by AMR of the Apex Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 22:29

Maybe if you have classes of 500hp but have to run 500 PI and another 3 but 400 on both then 300 and finally 200.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 22:39

Too many classes spoil the err.... Broth?

More than two classes for a Mini Series will just end up in very small grid numbers for each class. Nobody wants that. I'm aiming for this kind of racing:

nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 22:44

what about cars from the championships last year that we wont be doing this year but combined?
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 22:55

Might be a good idea. But on the other hand, watching MX5's and MR-S' going up against some FWD cars will be pretty cool.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 23:11

We need to look at the cars that are used in the proper championships like Britcar, Dutch Supercar, even club racing Sports and Saloons, and cancel out the ones used in TORA championships.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 23:17

I think we should stay away from the GT3/GT4 and Touring Car style series that will be run with TORA this year.

I really do want to run an epic GT race on Race Pro though Smile
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 23:17

dtms and v8's, hmmm
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 23:20

Defies the point of production style cars though..
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 12:25

i remember trying something very similar to this with nicky when we were bored one day, loads of fun!
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 13:01

The DTM and JGTC-Super GT cars could all take part in a "Super-Silhouette" Series, and could also include the Rhys Millen Hyundai and HKS Mitsubishi Time Attack cars.

But yes, production based, how about starting off with all the F-Class cars and then slowly chop and change, by maybe adding better cars, restricting the use of older cars, or cars that dont do club racing, to hone a championship out of it?

Looking at all the Leaderboards I'm assuming the cars at the top of the table are the weapons of choice? I havent really been immersed in Forza 3 as i was with Forza 2, I assume that if we start off with just F-Class everyone knows that one car will end up being everyones choice?
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 13:12

Hey Nicky,

I like your idea, somthing diffrent which you suggeted in your first post would be cool Smile

"I'm thinking either two classes or one class. Class 1 (up to the 500hp range, above 2,800lbs) would include cars (Muscle, saloon, GT) like the new Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, M3 etc.. and Class 2 (up to the 250hp range, below 2,800lbs) would have slower lighter cars (hatchbacks, roadsters, saloons) such as the Mini, Civic, MX-5, Fiesta, Clio etc..
Basically I want cars that require a bit of effort, but aren't too hard to drive; Cars that need momentum to keep going, and encourage good racecraft.

I basically need to ask, who's interested? what night would everyone want to do this? What time? Two classes, or One class?

My aim is to run this over February/March, with a rough calander being: Sunset Road Reverse, Silverstone Grand Prix, Road America, Nordschleife"

Would be great to set a bunch of mustangs trying to out break a fiesta Smile

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 13:45

Thanks for bringing us back on topic Razz

That is my ultimate vision, which would be pretty awesome, wouldn't it? David and Goliath.

What nights/times are you guys interested in?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 14:32

I'm well up for this, i think running this on a Monday would be good as nothing is run on a Monday so it allows for those who can't race on Tuesday's but can race on Mondays, as for time either 8 or 9 p.m it depends how long the races will go on for!
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 14:41

Right. Bit of a bump. But I have decided to run this as one class with three cars to choose from. I'll post the three cars here very soon. It will be a slight departure from the Grand Am style racing I originally envisioned, my main aim is to make the cars fun to drive!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down