TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Abarth Video Footage EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Abarth Video Footage EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Abarth Video Footage EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Abarth Video Footage EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Abarth Video Footage EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Abarth Video Footage EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Abarth Video Footage EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Abarth Video Footage EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Abarth Video Footage EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Abarth Video Footage

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Abarth Video Footage Empty Abarth Video Footage

How much chaos can you cause with one touch?

This:

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Abarth Video Footage :: Comments

Driftollie

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 15:37 by Driftollie

Smile

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 15:42 by ATR DAN

I must admit that when I saw the replay to the third race last night, I was quite shocked. I've never seen anything like that before where a car is having his accident in the middle of the circuit.
It doesn't really matter now because the staff have very generously given you guys the option of starting the third race all over again, but I feel that the call for the safety car was the right decision. Ok, only one or two cars were affected by this, but it's the fact that DriftOllie's car was in a dangerous place on the circuit, and more than half the field had to swerve to avoid Ollies car. As a result, everyone elses momentum would have been lost and they could have co-incidently crashed or rolled as well trying to take avoiding action.

In my time here, I've never seen anyone suggest to restart any event nevermind the 3rd race, so I take my hat off to the staff for coming up with a sollution thats fair to all involved in the race meeting. Well done guys. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:05 by johnnyboy360

*cough cough* 2 car crash *cough cough* safety car rules *cough cough*

I honestly thought when 2 cars came together it causes a safety car. Must be wrong. Must have misread the rules and maybe it meant 20? But I may be blind, maybe Ollie rolled himself?

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:09 by nickyf1

The rules are that two cars have to be way behind the main pack.

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:11 by ATR DAN

Unfortunately, the rules doesn't state about cars being in dangerous places i.e the middle of the track etc. Unless I've missed it somewhere?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:12 by johnnyboy360

Really? I thought you could have a crash anywhere and still call a safety car. If that the case of what you said then that puts the crashees at a disadvantage. I dunno. I get confused, I get told its two cars anywhere but all of a sudden its been changed to you have be behind the main pack...

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:20 by nickyf1

ATR DAN wrote:Unfortunately, the rules doesn't state about cars being in dangerous places i.e the middle of the track etc. Unless I've missed it somewhere?

Well, as long as nobody hits the car that's rolling infront of the pack, then it's fine.

If one car were to hit Ollie and spin off the track and into the wall, then it would have been a safety car. Three cars hit Ollie (including me) but all three managed to recover quickly and not lose too much time.

If a lone car is rolling on the track, as long as nobody hits it, it's fine. The driver rolling isn't in any danger and the track doesn't need clearing like in real life, so its just the same as somebody spinning infront of the pack.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:24 by johnnyboy360

But that still seems wrong IMO. Because a car rolling on the track, in the middle, people have to swerve to avoid it and simulation steering can be bad for that because if you have tried sim steering, its quick when you go from one side to the other. That could cause even more damage and chaos. Plus he was rolling at the top of a blind hill. And Nicky, yes you may have recovered quickly, but the rule state that if 2 or more cars collide, a safety car can be called. Thats what I know, and if I had of seen that, I would have called one myself.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:26 by nickyf1

Yes, but if everyone avoids the rolling car, then its play on, calling a safety car just because someone might hit a rolling car is pointless, because if someone is going to hit it, they will hit it, but you may as well let the crash continue and see if a safety car is needed in the aftermath.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:27 by nickyf1

I don't really see the need for a safety car in simulated motorsport. The only reason we have it is to give drivers who crash a second chance.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:28 by johnnyboy360

IF they avoided then yes its pointless. But you have just said and I quote
Three cars hit Ollie (including me)
Then a safety car should have been called.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:34 by nickyf1

But all three cars that hit Ollie were not dropped way back. Most involved in the incident didn't even lose a place. If one of those cars had went off the circuit and lost a lot of time, then a safety car would have been called.

But, a safety car can only be called by a staff member. There is no rush to call a safety car, we could have waited for Chad to stop hollering down his mic, kept racing, waited for Simon to confirm the situation and then act accordingly rather than slam on the anchors at any mention of safety car.

I floored it past the leading group because Simon had confirmed that there was no safety car. He said it several times.

TORA has to be a little more clear on safety car protocol by the looks of things, as some drivers clearly have no clue. I think a ban on mics during the race would help this very much, and probably improve the racing.

Last edited by nickyf1 on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Ianmr

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:35 by Ianmr

The issue wasn't solely around it being a safety car that caused the mess. It was the Stewart's I.e. me and Simon not getting a word in due to everyone shouting.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:37 by nickyf1

That's my point exactly. If everyone was just patient and kept calm and waited for an official recognition, we would have been fine.

I do hate all the idle chat and shouting during races. We need to have a rule which addresses this, whether that be a full mic ban or penalising drivers who talk too much, because its a big problem, and it leads to shoddy driving, petty arguments and bleeding ears.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:40 by johnnyboy360

Ok fine whatever. But the main reason we couldn't hear much is thanks to a couple drivers calling a safety car over the mic. I could not hear Simon so I slowed down to prepare. I am only saying my view and what I feel.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:42 by nickyf1

Page 18 of the TORA Handbook does not fall in line with the safety car rule we actually use, that definitely needs to be addressed.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:43 by johnnyboy360

Needs to be made clearer. What if this happened, what if that happened, what happens when that happens. At least we have these specs series to iron out whats wrong.

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:48 by Biggsy tv

Safety car is called by someone who has been severely impeeded by an accident, and when more than one person hae been severely impeeded. It's then a race steward who would then confirm a safety car. Last night the only incident that would've been viable for a safety car was the confusion over the safety car.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:49 by johnnyboy360

So why didn't we get one then.

Back to top Go down

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 17:12 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

Is this still going on?

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 17:16 by VVV GunDaM

Chucky 1982 wrote:Is this still going on?
Yep, and Im out of the championship.

Back to top Go down

Driftollie

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 18:05 by Driftollie

Newbie perspective -

I read the rules before and was obviously cautious as you guys don't want a pillock turning up an ruining races which I hope I haven't.

The accident was caused by me running wide and rejoining just before the jump the car on the inside also hit the jump but was heading out so we actually collided in mid air and out of anyone's control. I didn't call a SC a) because I saw the car that collided drive through and assumed I was a one car crash so therefor no SC required obviously spinning over and over on a Incar view I had no idea 2 other people hit me or where I was on the track.

Looking at the replay I think a SC was right as so many cars had to take avoiding action (I think I was running 6th/7th at the time meaning more cars were behind me than infront.

Suppose the question is who's responsibility is it to call it as its almost impossible for a rolling driver to see what's happening until its too late. Should any on track roll be a immediate yellow?

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 18:07 by VVV GunDaM

Driftollie wrote:Newbie perspective -

I read the rules before and was obviously cautious as you guys don't want a pillock turning up an ruining races which I hope I haven't.

The accident was caused by me running wide and rejoining just before the jump the car on the inside also hit the jump but was heading out so we actually collided in mid air and out of anyone's control. I didn't call a SC a) because I saw the car that collided drive through and assumed I was a one car crash so therefor no SC required obviously spinning over and over on a Incar view I had no idea 2 other people hit me or where I was on the track.

Looking at the replay I think a SC was right as so many cars had to take avoiding action (I think I was running 6th/7th at the time meaning more cars were behind me than infront.

Suppose the question is who's responsibility is it to call it as its almost impossible for a rolling driver to see what's happening until its too late. Should any on track roll be a immediate yellow?

It weren't you at all Ollie, rather, how it was handled.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 18:21 by johnnyboy360

+1 Ben. Ollie and the other new members drove well and respectfully last night! Thanks guys for that. It's not always this bad! Last night was a real confusing moment, doesn't normally happen!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next