TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Abarth Video Footage

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Abarth Video Footage - Page 2 Empty Abarth Video Footage

How much chaos can you cause with one touch?

This:

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Abarth Video Footage :: Comments

Ianmr

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:04 by Ianmr

I dont want to go any further with this but even if a safety car was called the leaders hammered the brakes on causing a pile up anyways.....

You guys are great at pointing the fingers all around, remember we are all here for the same reason and batting for the same team.

But as per TORA rules this would NOT have bee a safety car, only one car was impeded, that is how the rules have been since they was introduced........ The staff are looking at the safety car rule as it should either be taken back up to 3 cars taken off the track rather then just 2 (and please not we are not calling safety cars for every little bump as most of you seem to think), either that or just remove it completely save all this crying.

You are all very lucky we are even willing to re-run this race, if i am honest some of the whining, moaning, swearing etc was just embarrassing last night, some people would do well remember this is a game, and that the staff are here to try do the best for the community and we don't get paid either Wink .

Cast your mind back to the WTCC a few years back where the safety car took out the leader......they didn't get a restart, and also the Le Mans series race start which ended in a massive crash because of the safety, again that was tough bananas. Also least no one can get hurt when there is an error here....

The staff are looking at the rule now and will advise what changes we deem need to be made after lengthy discussion.

Now can we all please move on, grow up and look forward to the great racing we are going to have again next week.

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:10 by Richy59

You guys need to stop going on about this, your making yourselves look worse and worse by continually going on about this botched safety car call.

Yes, it needs defining and needs to be set out better, but up until recently and it is always with some certain members, we have never ever had this much trouble with a Safety Car. I don't know what has gotten into everyone just now but it is always the same members involved in the same types of crashes and who always have trouble with the Safety Car.

The Safety Car exists in TORA not to 'clean up the track' or to 'recover a car' but to give people who have had a huge crash the chance to catch back up to the pack and it saves them from trundling around at the back of the field for the remainder of the race. Historicaly the Safety Car has not been called unless there were three or more cars involved in a crash.

In small races such as the TCC and Abarths (10 laps or less) we don't really need one. In the GTs, which have much longer races, it is good as people just become bored if they were taken out by somebody else. If there was no Safety Car then they would be racing on their own and then probably leave the championship. We don't use the Safety Car in the ISCC as it is all based on time.

You guys are lucky that Simon has called for a race re-run. This wouldn't normally happen.

On a personal note, I would have called a Safety Car especially after everyone piled into each other when the front runners thought there was a Safety Car. With regards to the mic ban, I don't agree with this. It is good to have a a bit of warning when people are close to you and it is good to have a little bit of chat during the races to ease the tension and enjoy each others company. I agree with Nicky though that the non-stop inane chatting and shouting that goes on from some people is too much. It's distracting and as has been seen it has caused a major Saftey Car failure.

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:11 by Biggsy tv

Vengeance is Rippin wrote:
Chucky 1982 wrote:Is this still going on?
Yep, and Im out of the championship.
I'm sorry you feel this way still Ben, and wouldn't want to take advantage of the race restart next Tuesday and make the most of your front row start.

We are going to confer with the head race stewards and make an instructional video it seems, regarding which situations are deemed viable for a safety car and which situations are deemed unfair and driving standards as it seems these issue still don't seem to be clear to some people.

Back to top Go down

JustOZ71

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:21 by JustOZ71

Simon wrote:
I'm sorry you feel this way still Ben, and wouldn't want to take advantage of the race restart next Tuesday and make the most of your front row start.

We are going to confer with the head race stewards and make an instructional video it seems, regarding which situations are deemed viable for a safety car and which situations are deemed unfair and driving standards as it seems these issue still don't seem to be clear to some people.

If you need help as a crash test dummy or just another car on the track im more than happy to help

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:26 by nickyf1

Three and a half rolls by Ollie. When was the last time that happened? Does he get an award or a medal for this?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:30 by johnnyboy360

I give up talking on here anymore. It seems our opinions are always wrong. Don't count me in for the next race or the re run and take me out the championship. I'm fed up trying to get my point across. If you have seen the video and Nickys replys. They both say 3 cars hit one car. So 3 + 1 = 4. 4 cars in one crash. But thats not enough for a safety car. So if Nicky or Simon or Ian can't get the rules across to me, then no one can. So forget it. Forget the race. Forget the championship. Forget the re run. I'm done. Won't be attending anymore spec series apart from the Ferraris until the professional series starts and we are serious about it. Because all the time we are doing these silly spec series, no one is taking it seriously and just messing around not doing a proper job.

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:42 by VVV GunDaM

Simon wrote:

I'll be in for the race restart, just NOT for Tsukuba.

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 20:00 by nickyf1

Well, that's unfortunate that you both feel that way.

Right, can we get this thing locked, I just wanted to show off Ollie's roll!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2