TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA VLN Discussion

+57
F4H Q Bert
UK II Blackbird
AdamWatson99
TMG Sarrazin 8x
Biggsy tv
TomTom ZS
SCR3WUGUYZ
HCR Karma
LMR Scantraxx
CRA XenoMorph
ATP Wheelwash
XXX Skyrocket
Racing Dk
AndyT306
TMG Lapierre 7x
BalmierPie671
MGR Taeatua
F4H bandicoot
VVV GunDaM
MAJ0R LAZER
CQR SPiDeRzZ
S2M Cappie
Diablo 29x
F4H Bullet
F4H Hakkinen
Graftersroom
F4H Drake
tsaFooT
Racert46
RumbleBee 392
ShrinkingSteven
F4H Carrera
F4H Lotterer
Beanz
Adder 020
Hailfire97x
XPR Roadrunner
wood53y
PLOW tubbi
LMR BlackHawk
Standaman94
Mandown46
HCR ChicaiN
Stonewall458
AMR of the Apex
Ax4x Kane
silentalarm42
LMR DarthMario
Gambatoro
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
nickyf1
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
Duke of Bruno
Richy59
Ianmr
61 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

TORA VLN Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: TORA VLN Discussion

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 17:15

where are the builds and sign up?
... thanks found it rite after i posted time to get ready for the next
NEIN SHIZA AUTOSPORTS!!!

Last edited by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 17:23; edited 1 time in total
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 17:18

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:where are the builds and sign up?
Ah, this race is already underway :-(
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 17:38

For stint 2 I'm not gonna be late I'm on my way home now
TMG Lapierre 7x
TMG Lapierre 7x

TORA Race Number : 212
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 18:23

my stint was exhilarating! Managed to pass F4H Insanity in the early going, and saw it was going to be a battle of RWD straightaway power vs. AWD Handling. But i took my 1st pit on what i believe was Lap 3, as i knew fuel and tires wouldn't be an issue. Once Insanity and Racing Dk pitted, i built up a little gap to them, then to lose it all on the bumpy downhill left-hander after the 'jump'. I think i got back into the throttle a touch too soon which sent my Subie into a minor 'snake-tail', and as i recovered i tapped the left retaining wall resulting in 5% side aero damage which i was relieved with considering it could've been ALOT worse. Insanity managed to get back by me on the front straight, it was pretty much Insanity-myself-Racing Dk for the remainder. on the last lap, insanity wide a little too wide in the downhill sector heading towards the Hotel, and i snuck by again, and we finished, NO LIE, 47ft apart when our time expired.

Insanity, that was intense.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 18:25

I passed people?! Also, this track is 13 miles long, at Le Mans there was a lot of passing the whole event.

And 13 people really isn't that much in one lobby, Forza can handle it.

We where told to go at 1:58:00 on the timer, reason I didn't call it out.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MGR Taeatua Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 18:39

Thanks staff and F4H for hosting this event! Didn't see any people at all, but Senna, Bandicoot and Neally... When they passed me, lol!

In all seriousness, I now know I'm concentrate for 2 hours straight and I hope to be back for the N8. I shall start working on keeping it on the track and not rolling it. Smile

Cheers!

MGR Taeatua

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Modafaya Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:00

MGR Taeatua wrote:Thanks staff and F4H for hosting this event! Didn't see any people at all, but Senna, Bandicoot and Neally... When they passed me, lol!

In all seriousness, I now know I'm concentrate for 2 hours straight and I hope to be back for the N8. I shall start working on keeping it on the track and not rolling it. Smile

Cheers!

Staff should know that hosting a 15 man lobby by non staff members isnt a bright idea Idea .
Modafaya
Modafaya

TORA Race Number : 819
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:11

Modafaya wrote:F this whole race and the setup, lagged out in the opening lap.
Also the race started more then 10 minutes late because we had to wait for whaT?
People came in and jumped out the lobby too many cars in one lobby, No 3,2,1 go. im so effin pissed...

Shouldve kept it to 3 lobbies, everytime lobby is full like this this kinda bs happens.
Hope the N8 isnt like this, or you should get it cancelled on forehand as well, anyway im out

Evil or Very Mad

I hate to be a [Censored] but:
I spent 10 minutes trying to sort something out with Stan, He had no mic, so it took longer than expected, 10 minutes is nothing compared to some lengths of time people have had to wait before. I won't apologise for making sure everything went according to plan.
No one jumped in to the lobby, Stuttgart was spectating, he didn't leave. The only person that left and rejoined was yourself.
I made it quite clear that we were going at the specific time of the clock, therefore no countdown was needed. If you didn't hear this, you should have made it clear.

F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:30

I feel for you modafaya lagging out is away censored up, but those guys did the best they could to save this event. Even thoug i did not race I want to expres my thanks to the lobby hosts for stepping in and give every one a chance to race. 1st

Last edited by Racert46 on Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 19:32

yep huge thanks to all community members steeping up unfortunately staff have real world lives which took over but once again huge thanks to all those that helped.

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Modafaya Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:01

F4H bandicoot wrote:
Modafaya wrote:F this whole race and the setup, lagged out in the opening lap.
Also the race started more then 10 minutes late because we had to wait for whaT?
People came in and jumped out the lobby too many cars in one lobby, No 3,2,1 go. im so effin pissed...

Shouldve kept it to 3 lobbies, everytime lobby is full like this this kinda bs happens.
Hope the N8 isnt like this, or you should get it cancelled on forehand as well, anyway im out

Evil or Very Mad

I hate to be a [Censored] but:
I spent 10 minutes trying to sort something out with Stan, He had no mic, so it took longer than expected, 10 minutes is nothing compared to some lengths of time people have had to wait before. I won't apologise for making sure everything went according to plan.
No one jumped in to the lobby, Stuttgart was spectating, he didn't leave. The only person that left and rejoined was yourself.
I made it quite clear that we were going at the specific time of the clock, therefore no countdown was needed. If you didn't hear this, you should have made it clear.

Did not hear anything bout specific time, the only thing i heard in the lobby and during loading screen was 3 2 1 go at the turn after the pitlane. Then after the pits nobody said a thing, i saw senna dashing off but could follow qbert quite easily, tha much that it looked almost as a warm up lap to me.

I was about to ask what it was though, then after the 2nd long straight it was already lag out time

Dont know what u mean exactly, if u referring to me joining after the lagout, yes thats correct, not before.

Still point stands, too many people (ok the spectator did not race but he is taking up bandwith , fills a spot, can cause extra strain i assume...) . I know this argument is already being discussed a million times, but there needs to be some new direction for future races or competitions untill we can all play multiclass races in Forza games with a much less worry to lag out/

Or go single class like Bloodcain said or only 2 classes.

Before anyone goes apeshit on my connection it works stable always open nat through cable network with above average speeds.

Anyway im not gonna talk about this much more, i already made my point. Thanks Tora for the Race, as always a wonderfull idea, only this time execution was not so wonderful. And i know some will say cuz it happen to u (actually twice in a week) , well i would feel bad for anyone competitive that has to drop out cuz of this sort of things..

Modafaya
Modafaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:19

Lagouts are the worst, not going to lie. Took my car out of contention at Le Mans when I lagged out 20 min into Stint 2.

We didn't have enough hosts, so 2 lobbies were made. I'm sorry about you lagging out.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:25

Multiclass does work. You don't have to look further than ISCC to see that.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:32

Kilroy8 wrote:Multiclass does work. You don't have to look further than ISCC to see that.

No, multiclass does not work at the ring in these cars. I was running 2nd in the lobby, and lapped one Sp2 car in the whole stint.
Much better to have more SP1 cars together and have them have a better race.

F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:34

+1 Kilroy. ISCC's multi-class works rather well. it may not seem that way at the Nordschielfe being it is a 13 mile track and only 12/13 cars on the track at a time, but the Multi-class setup works. Especially when i saw F4H Senna closing in on myself and F4H Insanity, trying to give enough room for him to pass was difficult on such a narrow track. But it was enjoyable.

....will say this though, if FM5 and the new Xbox cannot handle more than 16 players per lobby, which by all means it should, we're still going to hear people complain about multiclass racing not working.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:38

all that complain about lag 2 words dedicated servers forza 5 needs dedicated servers, I could suggest that we run this on the rfactor vln mod where you get 100 drivers plus driving but that would rule out this community, cheers for feedback all Smile Richy will be noting the feedback Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by BalmierPie671 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:38

I think the idea to scrap SP2 and SP1 Cup is a good one. That way we would get the speed differences between the cars that make the long distance races interesting. In other words, just SP1 and SP3 cars. Then maybe an even bigger gap between the classes at the start.

Thanks to F4h Diablo for hosting the first lobby. Wish I had been quicker though...
BalmierPie671
BalmierPie671

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:44

Thank you F4H and everyone who else who helped tonight. Seriously, thank you, it would have been bitterly disappointing to cancel this event and upset everyone involved.

We will be looking to released the Nurb8 rules either tomorrow or Monday at the latest and open all sign ups. I am in the frame of mind that 2 classes is the best we can do for this kind of racing, and SP1 Cup and SP2 should be removed, also to take the handicap off SP3 to make the cars more fun.

We are listening to feedback and this is exactly why we wanted this race to go ahead. Thanks for contributing in finalizing the rules for the final TEC race of the year, which will be on the 8th of December and fully Live Streamed with commentary and special guests - and we mean special.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 20:45

Richy59 wrote:Thank you F4H and everyone who else who helped tonight. Seriously, thank you, it would have been bitterly disappointing to cancel this event and upset everyone involved.

We will be looking to released the Nurb8 rules either tomorrow or Monday at the latest and open all sign ups. I am in the frame of mind that 2 classes is the best we can do for this kind of racing, and SP1 Cup and SP2 should be removed, also to take the handicap off SP3 to make the cars more fun.

We are listening to feedback and this is exactly why we wanted this race to go ahead. Thanks for contributing in finalizing the rules for the final TEC race of the year, which will be on the 8th of December and fully Live Streamed with commentary and special guests - and we mean special.

Defo can I say a huge thank to the community wow really stepped up cheers all
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Modafaya Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:08

edit posted in quote
Modafaya
Modafaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Modafaya Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:16

Rollin InAn STi wrote:

....will say this though, if FM5 and the new Xbox cannot handle more than 16 players per lobby, which by all means it should, we're still going to hear people complain about multiclass racing not working.

Thats an assumption, for that matter it will work better because they have learned how to prevent these frequent and overly annoying gamebreakers

Unless ure on the Turn 10 / MS payroll ? Wink

SelectiveRogue on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 pm

all that complain about lag....

Dude. all that complain? Seriously?

Modafaya
Modafaya

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:26

dude lol! context of my post taken completely out of context sorry didnt mean to sound like you put

Most games now have dedicated servers, bf3 on across all platforms have dedicated servers works better as lag is caused not by you put your ping rate to your hosts area Wink if i was to host a race for drivers from oz they would have major lag etc

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Modafaya Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 21:38

alright u ment it more as a general statement, i made an assumption as well, sorry bout that.

Nuff said bout it, the show must go on Wink
Modafaya
Modafaya

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 23:08

So much to say but impossible to do on my phone. Lobby 2...stint 2 went off pretty well. Even got a warmup lap in waiting for stint 1 to finish. The cars ned a little work to balance them out. I could have driven front of the pack with the Ford. Ferrari top speed is terrible. Multi class needs dropped on this track and game imo. For most...this was nothing more than a really fast drive to grandmas house on country roads with no traffic. I just want to [Censored] race! I personally could care less to show how well I can pass a car going 30 mph slower. Point being i'd much rather that person in front of me be an inclass potential battle. This is my favorite track by a long shot and I dont know if I would run this again with multi class. Just not enough action for my taste. I did however enjoy the battles I found. Good racing guys.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 23:14

Thanks to F4H for hosting this event cause I don't think it would have happened without you. Great race between me and Diablo really thought he is was going away with it but when he come out the pits 1000 ft infront I was shocked. But good racing guys and Ill see you at the 8 hours if we can sort a team out! Smile
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next