TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran..

+10
silentalarm42
AndyT306
Dav of Krypton
Ax4x Chaddy
ATR DAN
Matt
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
HCR generaltso
nickyf1
14 posters

Go down

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. Empty A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran..

Post by nickyf1 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 2:00

Well, I've been here since 2008. I've always loved a good online race, and I still do, very much so! I've never really been as into committing to racing seasonally in different events as many others have, but in the past, when the competition hasn't been as tough, and I didn't have to put as much effort in to do well, I've been up there having fun. And that's all it really comes down to, isn't it? Fun. And I'll be the first to admit, winning is fun!

I've not been around since the very beginning, but as time goes on, I've been here for an increasing percentage of time (roughly 85% of TORA's existence according to my calculations). I've been here since it wasn't even called TORA! I've seen a few regimes come and go, I even seen the place almost self destruct before it came into it's current hands. I've seen many different competitors come and go, some I enjoyed the company of, others I didn't..

But look at TORA now! What a long way we've come, and it's all in the safe hands of a very enthusiastic, passionate, committed bunch who really believe in TORA, and online racing as a means of motorsport participation! And in the recent months, TORA has flourished. I never thought I'd see so many members and so much talent on display. So hats off to everyone!

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say with this post, but for a while now I've not been participating in main events, and to add to that my wheel's showing her last signs of life, but it's probably came at a good time. During July and August I'll be out of the country, and when I get back, I doubt I'll want to start racing seriously again. The competition is far too tough for my concentration span/effort that I can be arsed putting in/time, so I'll be pretty much hanging up my virtual helmet as of Tuesday next week, TORA has served me well as a place to do some serious racing.

So, I look forward to being a spectator and contributing on the forums as usual. I love this community, there's a very good reason I've got almost 10,000 posts on here!

Very Happy
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. Empty Re: A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran..

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 2:21

i'm sure you'll find a way to show up in a touring car race or two.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. Empty Re: A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran..

Post by theboomeranga Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 3:19

I've only been here for 7 months and even in that short time this place has grown to something truly amazing! Hope you still stick around, participate in community game nights and have some non-competitive races with us,
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 7:19

Bummer. Nicky, it was your post on Ten Tenths that got me here, and I have always used you as a gauge as to whether I am competitive or not, usually not. LOL. I'll miss racing with you, but wish you all the best in wherever life takes you.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 7:52

Shame you won't be on track nicky. Still, as you say, this community is a BIG place and there's still penty of other things to see and do here. Smile
Keep it real

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. EwVLgo3
A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 8:51

That's the downside I guess to the increasingly larger numbers of serious talent in TORA. It's a shame you'll be quitting altogether for that very reason.
I'll give a bit of advice which is to take a different approach to the racing. I used to take it way too seriously! But as of late, even though I'm still fighting towards the front of the field, I have a completely different attitude now where it's more about fun more than anything. It doesn't matter where you finish, as long as you've had the thrills of driving a racing car on the virtual track, then sucess isn't so much of an issue anymore.
If you change your mind anytime soon, how would you like to be recruited by joining us at ATR Dynamics? We'd be happy to have you onboard, Champ! Remember the touring car championship you won? Wink

But it's great at least that you'll be sticking around with the TORA community. As you say, it's a great place to chat about cars, motorsport, gaming etc.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 9:17

Nicky you will be missed during your few months away, keep safe out there man.

On TORA, its a massive part of my life, I was Nickys team mate way back in 2008 when i had just left School and was looking for work. Now im a father of 2 wee boys (Colin 2, named after McRae, Danny 1 month named after Wheldon) and i live with thier mum in my own flat and have a job. Ive still tryed to turn up as much as i can, now racing closer to A looby as in the past which motives me to keep turning up. I too might be hanging up my online racing helmet but i think that'll happen when Colin takes over the xbox!

A huge thank you and well done to all those who helped TORA become what it is now.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 9:54

Sad Thats a massive downer mate. I have only been here for a few months and there is only yourself and a handful of people who I could name here, including the guys above my post and probably most of the ones who post after me which has hooked me on forza and made an impact on myself in the virtual world

I agree with the winning is fun, but I dont think I will ever win any races against most of the guys on forza but the best races I have had has been at the back of the pack.

You should hear how excited I got in the Clio when I got a podium and that wasn't even 1st PMSL. I would like to be competitive BUT, being 30 and as I work full time and have kids, I could never put the time in like some guys do, so I don't expect it. The main thing is I ENJOY it. Put most of them on battlefield or COD and I would annihilate them, but that is my genre. But I got bored because of all the {naughty word} who play them.

If I would not have found TORA I wouldn't be on Forza anymore. It comes down to community and TORA has the best community I have ever experienced which is why I am stilll here.

I hope you the best and hope to race with you again sometime. (like in a legends race after your retirement Smile)

Cheers Nick Cheers

(Man I droned on about [naughty word] then. What did I put most of that for)
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyT306 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 10:09

I dunno, I beat someone once and they give up Wink

I've only had one race here so far and have been on a few other communities and TORA is by far the best

Like you said online racing is fun, I know I'm a long way off winning anything on here but I still get to have some good clean close racing!
AndyT306
AndyT306

TORA Race Number : 681
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 12:25

AndyT306 wrote:I dunno, I beat someone once and they give up Wink

Oh dear, the real reason has been uncovered!

I was expecting a few replies with these: Rolling Eyes , so thanks a lot for the reponses! I'll keep that 10-Tenths thread updated too, as it seems to have helped get a lot of people into the forums.

I'll still be around though Wink
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 14:59

This is gonna be like F1 without Barrichello now (or is it just me). You have been a huge part of Tora racing for me, initially getting me involved with the Race Pro Touring Cars then and then joining you and Nick for the TCC where I got my first and the way things are going, only Msa Tora win with you making it a 1-2. Tora racing wont be the same without you. I wish you well in whatever you do next.

silentalarm42

TORA Race Number : 42
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:07

Jeezo guys, don't make me cry now! Razz

And I do appreciate being compared to Barrichello, cheers mate!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:08

I know Nicky TORA wont be the same without you on track Sad

You always will be welcome back dude Very Happy

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:11

If anything I was expecting Ralf Schumacher comparisons. You lot are too soft!

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. Schuma10
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by silentalarm42 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:35

You could be David Coulthard if you were to comentate on Tora TV. Razz

silentalarm42

TORA Race Number : 42
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:40

I don't quite have the chin for it.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 17:17

nickyf1 wrote:I don't quite have the chin for it.

I know someone who does!
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 0:46

BG Beanz wrote:
nickyf1 wrote:I don't quite have the chin for it.

I know someone who does!

Grrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 7:12

I'm sure we'll still see on here more often than not Nicky Wink

It's been a pleasure though, and I hope that some day you will venture back out on track.

A few thoughts on racing and my time at TORA, aka, the ramblings of a TORA veteran.. C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down