TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012

+91
TMG Lapierre 7x
MaxpowerIreland
SorrySmithy
Ianmr
BAM Python
CRA dodgey mr d
CRA Project182R
The Posimosh
PLOW RUN WIDE
Ax4x Insanity
CRC skitchin
LMR Deftone MX
F4H mikem
AAR ABEnstein
Simply Law
CQR Senna
CQR HABURi
Hailfire97x
Kurzheck
LMR Sahara
RSR Trooper
RumbleBee 392
TRUEbk FFT
solo flashbang
TM aidtheace
R!CARDOUK
SCR3WUGUYZ
SAS v Bennett x
Noland35F
CD 195
TomMoreno
Nakano21
ATP Rage
maxpowerimerika
microracer25
LMR Zakspeed
LAPI74
Wooflers
F4H Carrera
drsanya
Effendi60
AdamWatson99
CreamyTastey
JustOZ71
ScottyMadeIt
Icesanyi FRH
CQR Aero
CoolG84
OldMadGamer
LMR BlackHawk
BG Wumba
Hainesy
CQR SPiDeRzZ
CredibleWizard
Koenigsegg R
ThirdEyeGirl
Om3ga73
RW26 BLAZE
HCR ChicaiN
mattmeir
IRT YT RICE
Yansansan
HCR Karlos
Biggsy tv
PROD DTechR
F4H Music Man
Robthegr8
Ax4x Chaddy
Mandown46
HCR Bellmond
montecarloman83
theboomeranga
drwfan99
FXxIgotchya420x
RR BodyRollin
Whos TabmaN
Highmark9090
APX Caramel
eversole
Stonewall458
LMR Scantraxx
LMR DarthMario
DemonChild147
HCR generaltso
Duke of Bruno
the metronome
CQR Rogue
ShrinkingSteven
ATR DAN
Richy59
Radiation Louis
95 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012

Post by Ax4x Insanity Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 23:43

My final post. I have posted this before that yes I called out my move and I was well along side, ON THE STRAIGHT, and the next turn I was hit on the rear half of the car. So I was more than halfway past and called it out. So placing blame on me is wrong. Its a racing incident but a common problem for myself and a lot of my F4H teammates. I will finish by saying this to everyone here. F4H will be back as a team again rather then the few you see here now and we will be stronger then ever. But for now I withdraw from all series.

Ax4x Insanity

TORA Race Number : 540
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012  - Page 9 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC America Round 2 Sunset Peninsula Reverse- Sunday August the 12th 2012

Post by Radiation Louis Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 23:55

F4H Insanity wrote:My final post. I have posted this before that yes I called out my move and I was well along side, ON THE STRAIGHT, and the next turn I was hit on the rear half of the car. So I was more than halfway past and called it out. So placing blame on me is wrong. Its a racing incident but a common problem for myself and a lot of my F4H teammates. I will finish by saying this to everyone here. F4H will be back as a team again rather then the few you see here now and we will be stronger then ever. But for now I withdraw from all series.

I do appologise if you felt that i (at least me in particular) was blaming you, i was not i'm just trying to figure out what happened here and I'm hearing a few different stories, if you dont mind insanity I would like to speak with you on XBL with in the next week and speak to you 1 on 1 about the situation. I'm by-passing the SI procedure and handling this one personally, I know staff may frown upon it a little bit but given the magnitude this incident has created on the forums i do not want any favoritism going either way.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 2:29

RW26 BLAZE wrote:when the quicker cars (prototypes) come to overtake, I check the mini map, rearview mirror (when they get close), and on some corners I purpose go wide to let them through.

I'm in GTE BTW.

Don't deviate from your normal racing line, this is what leads to misinterpretation by the following car, I understand the motion behind your courtesy but it can lead to problems as you can see elsewhere in the thread.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 2:59

AudiSport Louis wrote:
F4H Insanity wrote:My final post. I have posted this before that yes I called out my move and I was well along side, ON THE STRAIGHT, and the next turn I was hit on the rear half of the car. So I was more than halfway past and called it out. So placing blame on me is wrong. Its a racing incident but a common problem for myself and a lot of my F4H teammates. I will finish by saying this to everyone here. F4H will be back as a team again rather then the few you see here now and we will be stronger then ever. But for now I withdraw from all series.

I do appologise if you felt that i (at least me in particular) was blaming you, i was not i'm just trying to figure out what happened here and I'm hearing a few different stories, if you dont mind insanity I would like to speak with you on XBL with in the next week and speak to you 1 on 1 about the situation. I'm by-passing the SI procedure and handling this one personally, I know staff may frown upon it a little bit but given the magnitude this incident has created on the forums i do not want any favoritism going either way.
and that's probably the best thing to do, hope it gets sorted too and all can get back to (or close enough to) what it was before the race, hate seeing people so upset/infuriated over things on here, it's not what people are here for, and everyone knows that, hope this doesn't perminantly deter people from racing here in the future
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 8:18

Replay send to Aero & Louis.
Also on SF - TORA ISCC round 2 lobby A
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 8:28

In a prototype, if your overtaking a GT car who moves OFFLINE to let you past, its scary!!!

It happened numerous times in my lobby, luckily not to the extent where anyone collided (well, with cars anyway). We have said numerous times to stay on your line and its the P1 and P2 cars who have to find their way through, and still I find people either trying to keep out of the way, or moving offline. P1 cars anticipate that the GT cars will stick to their line, and we aim to overtake you offline, but if you move offline, that's where the P1 cars are, and it's when collisions happen.

I think the only exception is garyp, who even after saying stick to your line, he can't help but move offline everytime, and I now anticipate this. Razz
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 8:37

Think the lapped classes should think of the small amounts of time there throwing away by letting P1s past. It all adds up by the end of the race and could cost you beating a rival, plus if you do stay online and get hit by a P1, its THERE fault as you stayed online and followed the rules.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 9:06

I can vouch for the above. I think it was Metronome i was chasing for a while, but he was pulling a lead on me. It looked (I could be wrong) that he was losing quite a bit of time when the P1's came past, so all the time he gained on me, was lost, to the point where I eventually followed a P1 through, before he was ruined by wheel issues.
That was a shame, as it was looking to be a good race.

Overdrive and Hainsey were spot on in my lobby, as were the 2 P2 cars, they waited until the exit of the corner, let me run the racing line, then blasted through before the next corner.
With the noteable exception of when I was quicker than Hainsey through a series of corners, after he scared the hell out of me by popping up out of a wall in front of me!!
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 16:04

Hailfire97x wrote:
F4H Insanity wrote:
Hailfire97x wrote:
F4H Insanity wrote:I got wrecked AGAIN!!! It has happened to me in every race except TASCAR and that is because I run away with each race right now.

Bull****. I ran within 400 feet of you for 15 laps, had PLENTY of chances to punt you, and didn't. We came across lapped traffic, had PLENTY of chances to get wrecked by them, and didn't. You're an F4H driver, you should have all the skill, speed, and grip you need to cut through the traffic when it's safe, not just try to slice through at whim.

Read before you post I said EXCEPT TASCAR not including so you can eat your words. And I believe i was ahead of the person who wrecked me today after making my move on the straight. Nothing risky about that.

You made it sound like you have absolutely no one around you in TASCAR, as if you just take off without anyone around you. I was right behind you for the majority of the race, and stuck pretty damn close. You didn't exactly "run away" from me until my tires went away towards the end.

You wouldn't be running away with [Censored] if other people (including myself) didnt get jacked in all the Oval races. I ran the fastest lap times at the last oval and got jacked. Running a smooth third biding my time. Here comes lap traffic (bcuz of crap damage) and because of the fantastic FORZA scrape a car damage your engine, people using controllers running hotlap lines and us running Limited damage makes for a nearly impossible scenario to finish an oval without "crap" damage. I can't wait for the next oval because it will be cosmetic damage and everyone will see how much better that race is. This game is too laggy for limited damage rooms. PERIOD.

On the multi-class passing...

At the beginning of every multi-class race I remind the GT drivers to keep your line and let the higher class drivers pass you. Waiting for the passing driver to call a move is just plain dumb. Most passes happen because of a mistake by the leading driver with insufficient time to call a pass. Drivers in the real world don't call their moves. They use their damn mirrors and drive with common sense. You don't hear me constantly calling out my passes around lower class cars because I'm gonna pass you when the first SMART chance arises. Simple. I shouldn't have to tell you. You keep your line and I will drive around you. The worst thing a slower driver can do is try to get out of the way because it TYPICALLY ends up being at the worst time. Most of the time I don't have a problem getting around lower class drivers. Most drivers are really good about keeping their line. Every once in a while there will be a driver that decides to slow down to let me pass and tho nice, doesn't help at all. Keep your line...if we hit you, it's our fault and we will take the penalty.

FOR GOD SAKE, END THE BICKERING AND MAKE EVERY SINGLE SERIES COSMETIC DAMAGE

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:01

BloodYCaiN wrote:

>running with cosmetic damage

>a challenge

pick one.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:09

gen3ral ts0 wrote:
BloodYCaiN wrote:

>running with cosmetic damage

>a challenge

pick one.

Lame, predictable response. So...if you and I are racing against eachother it makes a difference if our damage is cosmetic or limited? Sorry...no, and frankly I'm getting sick of that response. This is a game! A laggy game at that. Having said that...nobody takes this "game" more seriously than I do. However...you can only get kicked in the balls so many times before you wear a cup. The only additional challenge to racing in a full room with limited damage is trying to avoid a lag spike that wrecks your car. Sorry bro...way too many people complaining here about bull [Censored] damage to dismiss it so easily with a no challenge response. Pick a stock tune and car and I'll give you all the challenge you can handle.

Last edited by BloodYCaiN on Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:11; edited 1 time in total

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:10

Or if you do move offline like I did when Mikem was behind because he was struggling to get past due to aero wash, I clearly said I was moving to the right (completely off line) and letting off the throttle
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:26

BloodYCaiN wrote:
Lame, predictable response. So...if you and I are racing against eachother it makes a difference if our damage is cosmetic or limited?

yes, yes it does. if people have no incentive for not hitting people they wont be as careful as when damage is turned on. same thing with other racing series (outside of tora) i race in that have restarts, because there are restarts built into the series, people are dicks on the first few laps because they know that they have the restart in their back pocket if things get too messed up.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
This is a game! A laggy game at that. .

not usually for me. sounds like you should invest in some better internet.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
Having said that...nobody takes this "game" more seriously than I do.

but you literally JUST said that it's not a very good game and has lag problems.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
The only additional challenge to racing in a full room with limited damage is trying to avoid a lag spike that wrecks your car. Sorry bro...way too many people complaining here about bull [Censored] damage to dismiss it so easily with a no challenge response.

and there are plenty of people here who enjoyed themselves and had a great time and great racing. so now we have to screw them over because other people are bitching and moaning?

BloodYCaiN wrote:Pick a stock tune and car and I'll give you all the challenge you can handle.

alright, rivals mode. lets go,

"British Power and Prestige"

My Time - 1:47.125
Your time - 1:47.944

"American Le Mans Corvette"

My Time - 2:01.672
Your time - 2:02.042

Last edited by gen3ral ts0 on Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:43; edited 2 times in total
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:32

The games loses its appeal for me with cosmetic damage! Ive been racing on this aswell as other games for a long time now and have come to this conclusion!

If im taken out by lag issues ill put it down to racing it can only be put in the same class as a puncture! It happens! With cosmetic damage you'll find drivers take more risks and effectively become more dangerous!!

Crashes between classes happen all the time. Take Davidson for example! That's what makes multiclass racing exciting
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:42

I've been on the receiving end of lag before, it sucks.

in fact, just 2 weeks ago. was racing in a super GT series on another forum. qualified 3rd and my teammate qualified 1st.

the series has simulation damage set on.

4th lap of the 30 lap race at motegi, 4th place guy lags into me, i get flipped on my roof with 100% damage everywhere and my race is over and i have to quit out.

and 4th place guy continues on to take 3rd place with 0 damage.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 18:29

gen3ral ts0 wrote:
BloodYCaiN wrote:
Lame, predictable response. So...if you and I are racing against eachother it makes a difference if our damage is cosmetic or limited?

yes, yes it does. if people have no incentive for not hitting people they wont be as careful as when damage is turned on. same thing with other racing series (outside of tora) i race in that have restarts, because there are restarts built into the series, people are dicks on the first few laps because they know that they have the restart in their back pocket if things get too messed up.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
This is a game! A laggy game at that. .

not usually for me. sounds like you should invest in some better internet.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
Having said that...nobody takes this "game" more seriously than I do.

but you literally JUST said that it's not a very good game and has lag problems.

BloodYCaiN wrote:
The only additional challenge to racing in a full room with limited damage is trying to avoid a lag spike that wrecks your car. Sorry bro...way too many people complaining here about bull [Censored] damage to dismiss it so easily with a no challenge response.

and there are plenty of people here who enjoyed themselves and had a great time and great racing. so now we have to screw them over because other people are bitching and moaning?

BloodYCaiN wrote:Pick a stock tune and car and I'll give you all the challenge you can handle.

alright, rivals mode. lets go,

"British Power and Prestige"

My Time - 1:47.125
Your time - 1:47.944

"American Le Mans Corvette"

My Time - 2:01.672
Your time - 2:02.042

lol...nice pick of two random races that I probably spent three laps on. The only rival modes I spent any time on at all were the Nordschleife tracks and I left plenty of room on those times to beat anyone who beats me so have at it. Any others were me just beating my friend that beat my time until I was at the top of my friends list minus a few undesireable track and cars. I'm talking about racing head to head. Cosmetic damage or not won't make a damn bit of difference and you know it. The only difference would be if on limited damage and you or I make a small mistake or have a lag spike the race is over. Cosmetic damage...the race continues. How is that so difficult to understand? It's like like a trashing to your manhood if damage is cosmetic. FORZA DAMAGE IS MESSED UP AND ANYONE DISAGREEING HAS THEIR DAMN HEAD IN A HOLE.

My internet is the best anyone can buy in the Metro Detroit area. You don't see any lag on Forza? Now that's amazing! Most every one else DOES.

Just to be clear...every single race I have been in on TORA has finished with my car in 100% condition including the last GT race when I overtook 15 cars. It's not like I'm struggling with damage and badly need it to be cosmetic. I am simply speaking up because myself and quite a few others I've talked to agree that cosmetic damage makes sense considering the game and it's problems. The Oval races in TASCAR have been the only sore subject for me and limited damage. Why? Because both ovals I got jacked. Against what you may believe...the general concensus after a messy damaged race is that the race would have been much better had damage been on cosmetic. The races are still reviewed...its not like if cosmetic damage is turned on all of sudden every driver is gonna start dive bombing corners and driving like dumb asses. I just means that if someone makes a mistake it won't ruin someone elses race. What is so bad about that?

Do you run TASCAR? Do you use a wheel setup or a controller? If you did run TASCAR or any other stock car series you would most certainly understand how frustrating it is to watch people weave all over the oval because their on a controller. Nothing against people with controllers but it's just really hard to drive in a straight line on an oval with a controller.

Not once have I ever said that FORZA isn't a good game. It's an amazing game that I take quite seriously (check my racing setup if my seriousness is in question). That would more than likely explain the frustration myself and most people have being taken out of a race because of lag or someone elses dumb driving. Making races cosmetic does one thing...makes races more competitive and fun and puts more people fighting for your spot.

Who would we be screwing over making races cosmetic? The clean-up crew on the tracks? Dude...way over dramatic. Support clean, fun, competitive racing...not knocking people out due to crap damage to get an easier win.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 18:32

thread locked im not having a fight on a race discussion thread this is turning into a piston heads classic fight,

If SI are submitted the SI team will investigate please submit a SI if you wish for a incident to me investigated as I stated a few posts back.

I believe Louis is looking into it issues above once resolved I will unlock thread.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9