TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion

+79
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR ChicaiN
RubbinsRacin 5
CQR Senna
Ax4x Insanity
Screamin Timan
CreamyTastey
VanillaMaserati
CQR Honcho
F4H bandicoot
Yansansan
F4H Drake
Graftersroom
EMW Takum1
BDR Blackbird
Velox Midget
F4H Music Man
Icesanyi FRH
MysticViibrosis(old)
IRT YT RICE
AndyT306
JustOZ71
BAM Python
F4H Carrera
JAMIE ANDERS0N
The Posimosh
SilvRsteeD
CQR HABURi
BG Wumba
TechJohnson
CQR Shifty
CovertKS8
CQR Cobblepop
CQR NEON
Modafaya
AMR of the Apex
RoflMaiWafflez
CQR Aero
LMR BlackHawk
MaynardMK4
Ax4x Cowboy
LRT Nath
MOPAR001
Koenigsegg R
F4H Bullet
HCR generaltso
wood53y
Matt
AAR ABEnstein
Wooflers
Standaman94
AAR corwinMB
XPR Roadrunner
Racert46
Hainesy
xVampirAx
TMG Lapierre 7x
HCR Bellmond
Beanz
Ianmr
Duke of Bruno
CRA Project182R
Zeta0085
DTA SpecialK
F4H Lotterer
LMR DarthMario
Ax4x Kane
lfcnicklfc
Mandown46
Biggsy tv
Hailfire97x
Ax4x Mikey J
ATR DAN
Adder 020
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
CQR Rogue
MR 8LONDE
Richy59
83 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 16:32

AndyT306 wrote:...
ran a full reset on my router ..., cleared the cache on my xbox...
I made sure to do that before any time I came back on to do a stint just to be safe.

BloodYCaiN wrote:...
turn their fricken wireless router off and direct connect to their modem. That will solve 99% of the problems. Solved mine.
Solved mine too.

In my opinion, everything ran pretty good for the entire event. We did run about 20 minutes behind in Lobby C, but, I consider that reasonable for this kind of 24 hour event.

One suggestion I would make is that Lobby Hosts should not be hosting a lobby immediately after running a stint. Or at the very least, have someone "fresh" setup the lobby so that the double stinting lobby host can collect results in the stint that just finished and then they can just hop into the lobby that is already setup for the next stint and get racing.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 16:34

Id like to see a end of the hosting talk, Its a Brit car thread and we had a great race. The N24 will be coming around in a few months and im very sure Staff are hard at work getting ready for it. We have GTs & ISCC to think about as well as other championships so theres still lots of racing to be done!

Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by IRT YT RICE Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 18:31

FranchittiFan wrote:Id like to see a end of the hosting talk, Its a Brit car thread and we had a great race. The N24 will be coming around in a few months and im very sure Staff are hard at work getting ready for it. We have GTs & ISCC to think about as well as other championships so theres still lots of racing to be done!

Says the guy, whose car usually looks like Michael Jackson in a dance competition. lol! Hilarious

IRT YT RICE

TORA Race Number : 71
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by IRT YT RICE Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 18:33

AndyT306 wrote:

ping is more important, as this is your response time, if someone has a high ping, their data communication with be delayed, creating lag
I agree, most of the time my ping is between 12-16. Just depends on what I've already got my system internet doing.

IRT YT RICE

TORA Race Number : 71
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 18:34

AndyT306 wrote:
F4H Koenigsegg wrote:
AndyT306 wrote:i think the decision to use hosts with experience of doing so was the key here
That's the thing. Lots of drivers have lots of experience with hosting lobbies, at TORA or at other online racing sites.

if you are agreeing with me i don't understand the problem Very Happy
Because most of the time/races, the same people are hosting. What if a host doesn't show up, has internet problems or something else which causes him or her not being able to host. Then there's (almost) nobody to step in, because the room settings were not posted.

But yeah, let's step away from the hosting talk.

BG Hainesy wrote:Anyhoo, well done to F4H for the win in TGT, your pace was immense throughout and to HR Turner Motorsport #9 for the PGT and CQR Ignominy for the Clubmans. Some excellent driving standards from all competitors from what I saw.
Thanks a lot. We worked hard for it. Unfortunate that CQR and BG had problems. Maybe luck is on their side next time.

Also congratulations to Turner Motorsport #9 and CQR Ignominy!! Great job guys!! 1st
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Drake Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 19:24

AAR ABEnstein wrote:
PpR YT RICE wrote:
AndyT306 wrote:i'll agree it's less likely, but if someone with a dodgy connection hosts and more people lag out, that doesn't make sense

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 1996452888
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2184984844
Cheers I'm on my wireless laptop and downloading a movie when I pulled this.

That's Fast. Mine's slower than both of those.

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2185040062

Suck it! You all lose! lol.

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2185431839
F4H Drake
F4H Drake

TORA Race Number : 23
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 19:37

F4H Koenigsegg wrote:Also congratulations to Turner Motorsport #9 and CQR Ignominy!! Great job guys!! 1st

Thanks, Koenigsegg. Means a lot coming from you, too cheers

Congrats on your guys' first place win as well. In a class of minimal attrition (sorry BG and CQR), you guys shone brightest 1st
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TomMoreno Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 20:17

Drake Hellspawn wrote:
AAR ABEnstein wrote:
PpR YT RICE wrote:
AndyT306 wrote:i'll agree it's less likely, but if someone with a dodgy connection hosts and more people lag out, that doesn't make sense

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 1996452888
TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2184984844
Cheers I'm on my wireless laptop and downloading a movie when I pulled this.

That's Fast. Mine's slower than both of those.

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2185040062

Suck it! You all lose! lol.

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2185431839

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 2185538480

Booyakasha!!!

TomMoreno

TORA Race Number : 572
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 20:32

Could a site admin please put a more convenient results page on the forums for this event like all the others have. Thanks.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Insanity Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:28

I love how I make a simple suggestion and it turns to an argument. However I still like to see multiple teams host a lobby even if all the hosts are still TORA. I will leave it at that. Also you should consider creating a thread for the purpose of hearing what others on the outside of TORA, like a feedback thread to hear what went well and what didn't, you may learn something yet to make this better. Just a thought.

Ax4x Insanity

TORA Race Number : 540
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:35

I've come in a tad late and read all this bullcrap about who's hosting and what advantages people have blah blah blah.

Now it seems to me that people who don't know about how Forza's connections work, think that whoever is the lobby leader is host. Yes, they are host in the way that they are in control of the room, but connection wise, there is no freaking host, why do you people not understand!?

In most games you have a connection host, so if you had 10 people in a game, 1 person is sending and receiving data from 9 people, and 9 people are sending a receiving data from 1 person.

Forza is the opposite, it's a peer-to-peer connection setup. If 10 people are in a room racing, all 10 people are sending and receiving data from the 9 other people, so nobody has any advantage what so ever for being host over anybody else, apart from the fact they can boot your ass! You're just as likely to lag out if you're the host, as if you're not. They only reason they don't, is the staff here at TORA seem to have very reliable connections...

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 Rant
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:39

F4H Insanity wrote:I love how I make a simple suggestion and it turns to an argument. However I still like to see multiple teams host a lobby even if all the hosts are still TORA. I will leave it at that. Also you should consider creating a thread for the purpose of hearing what others on the outside of TORA, like a feedback thread to hear what went well and what didn't, you may learn something yet to make this better. Just a thought.

Defensiveness does run a little rampant here for some reason. Suggestions are good and should be voiced and heard. Specific threads for that reason would be beneficial to the site and the members.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:45

BloodYCaiN wrote:
F4H Insanity wrote:I love how I make a simple suggestion and it turns to an argument. However I still like to see multiple teams host a lobby even if all the hosts are still TORA. I will leave it at that. Also you should consider creating a thread for the purpose of hearing what others on the outside of TORA, like a feedback thread to hear what went well and what didn't, you may learn something yet to make this better. Just a thought.

Defensiveness does run a little rampant here for some reason. Suggestions are good and should be voiced and heard. Specific threads for that reason would be beneficial to the site and the members.

We do have a suggestion thread in the community updates, we always listen to what our members think and always take note of what the community are saying to make a better experience Smile cheers all for feedback
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:49

SelectiveRogue wrote:
BloodYCaiN wrote:

We do have a suggestion thread in the community updates, we always listen to what our members think and always take note of what the community are saying to make a better experience Smile cheers all for feedback

I think Insanity means something specific to this series, at the end of all series on another site, they post a thread with this in

Now that we have completed this series and taken part in some great racing, we would like to now ask you all to help shape the future of this event by giving us your feedback and making it the very best it can be. Please take this opportunity to tell us your thoughts and opinions on all aspects of this series, possibly including the following:

- What you thought worked
- What you thought didn't work and could be improved
- What new ideas you would like to see
- Were you happy with the organisational effort of this event

All constructive comments are welcomed.

Now, One of these after all these events could and potentially would provide you with lots of positive and perhaps some negative feedback, and you cans see what can be improved easily.
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:59

F4H bandicoot wrote:
SelectiveRogue wrote:
BloodYCaiN wrote:

I think Insanity means something specific to this series, at the end of all series on another site, they post a thread with this in

Now that we have completed this series and taken part in some great racing, we would like to now ask you all to help shape the future of this event by giving us your feedback and making it the very best it can be. Please take this opportunity to tell us your thoughts and opinions on all aspects of this series, possibly including the following:

- What you thought worked
- What you thought didn't work and could be improved
- What new ideas you would like to see
- Were you happy with the organisational effort of this event

All constructive comments are welcomed.

Now, One of these after all these events could and potentially would provide you with lots of positive and perhaps some negative feedback, and you cans see what can be improved easily.

Thats a very good idea will set thread up now cheers all
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:02

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:03

SelectiveRogue wrote:Thats a very good idea will set thread up now cheers all

cheers

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 8:16

Yaaaay!!! Everyone agrees!! cheers
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 8:21

BG Beanz wrote:You're just as likely to lag out if you're the host, as if you're not. The only reason they don't, is the staff here at TORA seem to have very reliable connections...

TORA Britcar 24 Hours of Silverstone - General Discussion - Page 23 Rant

I will argue that point Beanz. ISCC Bernese Alps, I lagged out. Think at a GT race Adrian lagged out. In Britcar testing Ian lagged out. Staff do lag out... lol!
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 8:29

Staff do lag out...

It was Race 1 at Hockenhiem in TORA GT where I lagged out.

Race 2 at the Nurburgring my xbox completely froze heading into the second racing lap.

On both occasions the lobby continued.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 11:17

....AND LESS SAID ABOUT MY CONNECTION THE BETTER!
LOL
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 12:20

Matt wrote:MY CONNECTION

Hilarious
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 13:02

I remember Stonewall also lagging out when hosting a round of the ISCC. I reckon at one point or another all host have had a lagout or connection issue.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 13:17

FranchittiFan wrote:I remember Stonewall also lagging out when hosting a round of the ISCC. I reckon at one point or another all host have had a lagout or connection issue.

Speaking of Stonewall....has anyone heard from him since Saturday? Wondering if he's been abducted by aliens.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 13:34

He is alive there has been facebook activity as well as xbox live lol not on here though, loved your pic yesterday on facebook
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next