TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup?

5 posters

Go down

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? Empty Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup?

Post by GuinnessMatt Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 12:40

I don't consider myself too bad when it comes to setting up games, but there are a number of options that I just don't understand that I can't really find anything definitive about.

Some examples:
What is the difference between Simulation Damage and Limited Damage, does it affect tyre damage/fuel consumption etc?
In the Grid Ordering otions, what is Series Points and how is it different from Lobby Points?
Can we see the different types of points in the lobby/game somewhere?

I spent ages last week trying to set the Player Groups to match the TORA rules, then realised I had the wrong game mode selected, so when I changed from Circuit Race to Timed Race, all the groups disappeared...

Question Does anyone else have 'little' annoyances like this, or any solutions for them? Question

I think it would be brilliant if game settings could be shared the same way as tuning settings and designs etc.

No idea if this is in the right thread, I couldn't see one that fit my frustrated-ramblings question.
GuinnessMatt
GuinnessMatt

TORA Race Number : 650
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? Empty Re: Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup?

Post by theboomeranga Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 12:54

I've been wondering the same thing about series points and don't see a whole lot of difference in the two damages either, so I'd benifit from answers too
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? Empty Re: Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup?

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 13:41

EDIT: I read car setup, my bad

I will try to help

What is the difference between Simulation Damage and Limited Damage, does it affect tyre damage/fuel consumption etc?

The difference is that sim damage does more damage. So 100% engine damage in limited is...say 50% on Sim, so us flipping over the twinkies at LM would have been TERMINAL and it would have taken us days to get back to the pits with SIM on.

In the Grid Ordering otions, what is Series Points and how is it different from Lobby Points?

You can setup the lobby similar to the hoppers where it automatically loads the next track, and it keeps points for your finishes. This is Series points, which starts counting from the 1st race in the series. Whereas lobby points are points from when the lobby was first setup and count towards all the races in that lobby.

Can we see the different types of points in the lobby/game somewhere?

Probably, but I dont know where

I spent ages last week trying to set the Player Groups to match the TORA rules, then realised I had the wrong game mode selected, so when I changed from Circuit Race to Timed Race, all the groups disappeared...

When making a lobby, don't bother changing the game type BEFORE you tinker with the settings. Just change the settings and it will automatically change to "Custom". You get the same results anyways

Last edited by mopar4t4 on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 16:24; edited 1 time in total
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 14:51

The only way the game settings can be changed is if a person who has the settings saved opens a lobby and applies the settings then invites you into the room. The they leave leaving you to take over host and can save the settings.

Series points and lobby points. Lobby points is rolling from when the lobby started and you cant see the points but the order is how the lobby is shown before you ready up. Series points if you notice there is an option that has how many races per series. If you put 3 then when you ready up the first race will begin, once that race is finished then it wont go back to the ready up screen but will load up the next race and the same with race 3.

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? I6ugkpwIs there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? 10YNCX2Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GuinnessMatt Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 16:16

BG Chucky 82 wrote:Series points if you notice there is an option that has how many races per series. If you put 3 then when you ready up the first race will begin, once that race is finished then it wont go back to the ready up screen but will load up the next race and the same with race 3.

I thought that was Heats points, not series... but they could be the same for all I know.. it just seems very strange to me that these options are included in the game, yet there is no mention of them in the game manual anywhere. Surely there was some form of requirements documentation written that told the developers what the options needed to be, in the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson... How hard can it be?
GuinnessMatt
GuinnessMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 18:07

Just going to point out something important: With Sim Damage on, you cannot roll yourself over if you flip your car.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GuinnessMatt Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 18:42

Ah, that explains some of the events in recent games.
We (well, me, I suppose I shall take responsibility for this one) had Sim damage on and a couple of our number managed to land with the wheels pointing the wrong way (i.e. up).
I thought you could flip your car over again somehow, but we couldn't figure out how - I ended up returning to the scene and breaking my engine in an attempt to return him to the correct alignment.
So, if I had left the damage to Limited, they could have used the hidden 'self-righting' mechanism to carry on? Embarassed
GuinnessMatt
GuinnessMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 19:16

GuinnessMatt wrote:
BG Chucky 82 wrote:Series points if you notice there is an option that has how many races per series. If you put 3 then when you ready up the first race will begin, once that race is finished then it wont go back to the ready up screen but will load up the next race and the same with race 3.

I thought that was Heats points, not series... but they could be the same for all I know.. it just seems very strange to me that these options are included in the game, yet there is no mention of them in the game manual anywhere. Surely there was some form of requirements documentation written that told the developers what the options needed to be, in the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson... How hard can it be?

Hmmm ok then

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? I6ugkpwIs there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? 10YNCX2Is there somewhere with a definitive guide to the options in Game Setup? SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GuinnessMatt Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 19:43

BG Chucky 82 wrote:
Hmmm ok then

Apologies if that sounded like I was dismissing what you said, far from it - I just don't know the difference between heat points and series points. I'm realising that there is far more I don't know about game set up than the stuff I do know.

Did you mean that if you have it set to Heats Points then the grid ordering is based on the last heat, whereas if you have 3 or more heats, then the aggregate of all the heats is the series points? That has only just occurred to me while I was explaining what you said to my friend... then I suppose the lobby points would be a combination of every race result since you joined the lobby...

Thanks BG Chucky 82! I think that's it! cheers
GuinnessMatt
GuinnessMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down