TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
FREE TUNES EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
FREE TUNES EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

FREE TUNES

Go down

FREE TUNES Empty FREE TUNES

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 19:57

NOTE: Please only post in this thread if you have free TRC tunes to share or if you want to comment on the free tunes mentioned in this thread

Please reply to this thread if any of the tunes have improved your lap times or even tell us if you hate the tune and why!

I am giving away my tunes for every TORA and non-TORA event for 2 reasons.
1: I realise that a lot of people don't know how to tune or don't want to/can't tune due to the time involved so this is for you guys. It's not fun driving a car that handles crap - so I hope these tunes help.
2: I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I have a tune that nobody else has. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I have a tune that nobody else has!

To all Tuners - imagine if you did a tune for a race and give it to everybody. You would save all those people from having to waste 1-2 days of their life trying to tune their cars for the track and if one of those guys returned the favour then it would save you time as well. I hope this thread encourages everyone to share their tunes but I won't hold my breath… P.S - I hate tuning but it's a necessary evil if there are no free tunes available! I especially hate having to spend more time tuning a car (1-2 days) than the time I spend actually doing the race (10 minutes). This wouldn't be so bad if these cars were competitive in Matchmaking lobbies (then the tune wasn't just for a one off event) or if we would ever do the same tracks again on TORA but I don't think we will.

o Davey James o

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

FREE TUNES Empty Handling Setup & Power Setup (555 PI) Lancer Evo 9 MR

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:42

Aids I use: Automatic Transmission, ABS and TCS. The Power Setup is what I used to win at Nurburg. I will be using the Handling Setup for the pure handling tracks such as Fujimi Kaido.

Power Setup

Engine: Sport Air Filter, Sport Fuel, Street Valves, Sport Displacement, Sport Turbo, Race Flywheel
Handling: Race Brakes, Race Rollbars, Race Cage, Race Weight
Drivetrain: Race Clutch, Race Trans, Race Diff
Tires: Race Tires, Front Rim Size Last, Rear Rim Size 2nd Last), DUB Rims. DUB Rims lower the PI so you can add more power.
Aero: Street Front Bumper, Street Rear Wing, Street Rear Bumper, Street Side Skirts, Street Hood. All the Aero parts combined lower your PI and increase the speed by 0.1. Also the Street Rear Wing actually gives more grip (even though it isn't adjustable) than the Stock Wing.

Note that there is NO Suspension and NO Driveline. In this car (and PI limit) the benefits of the suspension and driveline are negligible compared to using Stock and having more PI to use for Engine parts.

Speed 6.4
Handlin 5.9
Accelerat 6.5
Braking 6.0
Launch 6.7

Power 410
Torque 418
Weigh 2,800
Front Weig 56%
Drive AWD 2.1L

Tires: 29, 29
Gears: Defaults: Final Drive: 3.30, 1st: 2.89, 2nd: 1.99, 3rd: 1.51, 4th: 1.20, 5th: 1.00, 6th: 0.85. These work fine so I saw no need to change them.
Rollbars: 10, 40. This gives the best turn in speed while still being stable
Braking: 47, 80. You may want to increase the brake pressure as high as possible to match your driving style without causing lock up.
Differential: 45, 9, 55, 80, 65

Handling Setup

As Power Setup but Remove Sport Air Filter, Street Valves and change Rear Rim Size to 2nd last

The values in the far right column are the differences between this setup and the Power setup.

Speed 6.3 - 0.1
Handlin 6.0 + 0.1
Accelerat 6.4 - 0.1
Braking 6.2 + 0.2
Launch 6.5 - 0.2

Power 396 - 14
Torque 404 - 14
Weigh 2,806 + 6
Front Weig 56%
Type AWD 2.1L

The tune is the same as the Power setup except I use 70% brake pressure.

o Davey James o

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down