TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
FREE TUNES EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
FREE TUNES EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

FREE TUNES

+6
XTI Jon Snow
Slider S15
HCR generaltso
WWR Chillz
lfcnicklfc
o Davey James o
10 posters

Go down

FREE TUNES Empty FREE TUNES

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 17:43

NOTE: Please only post in this thread if you have free LMS tunes to share or if you want to comment on the free tunes mentioned in this thread

Please reply to this thread if any of the tunes have improved your lap times or even tell us if you hate the tune and why!

I am giving away my tunes for every TORA and non-TORA event for 2 reasons.
1: I realise that a lot of people don't know how to tune or don't want to/can't tune due to the time involved so this is for you guys. It's not fun driving a car that handles crap - so I hope these tunes help.
2: I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I have a tune that nobody else has. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I have a tune that nobody else has!

To all Tuners - imagine if you did a tune for a race and give it to everybody. You would save all those people from having to waste 1-2 days of their life trying to tune their cars for the track and if one of those guys returned the favour then it would save you time as well. I hope this thread encourages everyone to share their tunes but I won't hold my breath… P.S - I hate tuning but it's a necessary evil if there are no free tunes available! I especially hate having to spend more time tuning a car (1-2 days) than the time I spend actually doing the race (10 minutes). This wouldn't be so bad if these cars were competitive in Matchmaking lobbies (then the tune wasn't just for a one off event) or if we would ever do the same tracks again on TORA but I don't think we will.

o Davey James o

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

FREE TUNES Empty Suzuka (950 PI) Porsche Spyder #7 - 1.38.500

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:37

Aids: Automatic Transmission and TCS. lfcnicklfc hid his own setup and did a 1.39.200. I give him this setup and he did a 1.38.500 so it seems to be a really good setup! I did a certified 1.38.931.

You can see the certified replay for the tune on the R1 Class Suzuka scoreboard. You may not like the gears as I use Automatic Transmission and I use the buttons to accelerate and brake instead of the triggers but it works for me so there's no reason why it wouldn't work if you use the triggers and/or Manual Transmission.

American Racing Outlaw II Rims

Tires: 30, 29. Don't change this - you're handling will suffer a LOT when racing with Sim damage.
Gears: Final Drive: 4.18, 1st: 2.13, 2nd: 1.75, 3rd: 1.43, 4th: 1.19, 5th: 1.02. Turn the 6th gear off by moving it all the way to the left.
Alignment: -0.8, -0.7, 0.0, -0.1, 4.6
Rollbars: 30, 35. This gives the best turn in speed while still being stable
Springs: 519, 660.5
Damping: Defaults: 8.9, 11.3, 4.5, 5.7. The defaults work perfectly.
Aero: Full, 640. For most tracks this gives you more speed without any loss of grip.
Brakes: 50, 70. You may want to increase the brake pressure. The default of 100 is fine or use whatever you want.
Differential: 16, 16. This prevents lock up when you brake and it prevents lock up when you accelerate out of corners.

I will most likely be using this tune for all the other tracks. If I use a different tune I will post it in this thread.

Last edited by o Davey James o on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:45; edited 1 time in total

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

FREE TUNES Empty Re: FREE TUNES

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 18:42

Just to let you know my aids were Manual but i did use TCS and it gave me about 6 tenths of a second so why not when you can get that much speed out of it Razz
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 19:09

Exactly. The whole idea is to get the fastest times possible so people should use whatever legal methods are available to them which allows them to achieve that. I don't get why people moan at people who use driving aids. If you're faster with the aids then use them, if you're slower with the aids then don't use them! I'd like to use ABS as due to my contoller method I'd be half a second quicker but most TORA events don't allow that. Formula 1 cars all had driving aids until a few years ago so if it was good enough for them then its good enough for me!

The guys at the top of the R1 scoreboards including Daveyskills - all use TCS and the automatic clutch so there's obviously a reason for that - its quicker! F1 cars have an automatic clutch anyway and R1 cars are practically Formula 1 cars but with bodywork on top.

I remember I raced against a guy in Forza 2 and we were in R1 cars. I beat him by a mile because I had a top 10 time and he said it was nice to race against someone who obviously didn't use driving aids. When I told him I did use driving aids he went balistic. I've never had so much abuse from someone in all my life. He seemed to think that using no aids was the only way everyone should race even though he was 3 seconds slower without the aids - which somewhat defeats the purpose. If the developers didn't want people to use aids they wouldn't have allowed people to select them!

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:02

I disagree. I don't like assists because it takes away the skill required. If you have the skill to not use assists then don't use them. Yes traction control is like driving on autopilot, but where is the fun in that. I can understand people using TCS if they do not have the skill or the time to control a powerful RWD car, but if you don't need it, surely it's more fun and more satisfying to win not using assists.

You said and I quote "I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I have a tune that nobody else has. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I have a tune that nobody else has!"

If you use assists and beat someone not using assists, are you genuinely faster?

You could re-word your quote and say "I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I use assists that nobody else uses. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I use assists that nobody else uses!

I understand using buttons may make it difficult to not use TCS as it is either on or off.

Traction Control is a bit like having sex using a condom : It's easy and safe but it doesn't satisfy the purist. It's like having a bath wearing wellington boots. It just doesn't feel right.
But everyone has their own opinion.

Last edited by WWR Chillz on Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:07; edited 1 time in total
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:04

WWR Chillz wrote:
Traction Control is a bit like having sex using a condom : It's easy and safe but it doesn't satisfy the purist. .

enjoy your herpes and HIV and chlamydia

oh and babies.

that happens too if you dont use condoms.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:06

I am married. Thanks
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:08

i'm not.

TROJAN MAN protects me from STD's and having unwanted children.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:10

speaking of condoms, didnt nightrider have a durex car at some point?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:22

yes he did, it was a Beige Saab with big green Turbo stickers, Clarkson's Volvo Stylee Razz
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:34

nice.

he should bring that back.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:46

FREE TUNES Saab-t10
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:48

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there it is.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 21:52

It was fast too! the fuel milage killed me though
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by o Davey James o Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 22:36

WWR Chillz wrote:I disagree. I don't like assists because it takes away the skill required. If you have the skill to not use assists then don't use them. Yes traction control is like driving on autopilot, but where is the fun in that. I can understand people using TCS if they do not have the skill or the time to control a powerful RWD car, but if you don't need it, surely it's more fun and more satisfying to win not using assists.

You said and I quote "I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I have a tune that nobody else has. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I have a tune that nobody else has!"

If you use assists and beat someone not using assists, are you genuinely faster?

You could re-word your quote and say "I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I use assists that nobody else uses. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I use assists that nobody else uses!

I understand using buttons may make it difficult to not use TCS as it is either on or off.

Traction Control is a bit like having sex using a condom : It's easy and safe but it doesn't satisfy the purist. It's like having a bath wearing wellington boots. It just doesn't feel right.
But everyone has their own opinion.

I don't know what you disagree with. I know that using assists takes less skill than not using them. I wasn't talking about skill levels or whether its more fun or rewarding to drive without aids. I was talking about the simple fact that the idea of a race is to win, that's what the definition of a "race" is when you look up the meaning in a dictionary. You can't argue with that. I said "If you're faster with the aids then use them, if you're slower with the aids then don't use them!" - so if the purpose of a race is to win then use/don't use aids which allow you to do that.

You didn't say whether your times are the same/faster with the aids or without. Either way I can understand why you would't use the aids in Matchmaking lobbies however if someone's times are faster WITH the aids then (if it was me) I would use those methods at my disposal to get to the top of the scoreboards or to win TORA races. If F1 drivers had aids at their disposal which improved their times - they would use them. Remember years ago - Schumacher used the aids and took it 1 step further by adjusting the levels of the TCS and ABS for every corner! If he was faster without the aids then he would have simply turned them off. I don't think him using the aids made him any less of a skillful driver.

Don't reword people's quotes - it's not cool. You already said in your 1st paragraph that that was how you feel so don't put words in my mouth. I don't care if I win with or without assists. You said yourself that I use the buttons to accelerate and brake so you know its impossible for me to race without TCS. If using the triggers didn't hurt my fingers then I would use them, if there was a steering wheel and pedals that actually worked, I would use them. Until better control methods are invented I'm prevented from racing properly by todays technology.

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 22:48

Very tense moment and while I have alot to say on the situation, I'm not. You brought up possibly the worst debate I've seen on TORA since AWD vs. RWD, so I'm just letting you know about that.
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 23:42

Davey. I am not having a go at you or anyone else. I said everyone has their own opinion. I know it is impossible for you to not use TCS because you use the buttons. You put your point across and I put mine. Not arguing, just differing opinions.
You should try to get an MS Wheel. They are awesome when they are working. lol. I have the MS Wheel rigged up to a playseat and I must say it's a joy to drive almost any car in the game now and much more fun.
Happy racing guys, and I am sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to. Just my opinion.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 23:50

''Hehehehe, he.......aids.''

Peter Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 0:01

why aj i didn't know you had a sense of humor like that lol

FREE TUNES KSm7RyiFREE TUNES XnUPi68FREE TUNES WNF2dBuFREE TUNES BYYxxh5FREE TUNES EoWXJFzFREE TUNES KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by o Davey James o Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 0:29

WWR Chillz wrote:Davey. I am not having a go at you or anyone else. I said everyone has their own opinion. I know it is impossible for you to not use TCS because you use the buttons. You put your point across and I put mine. Not arguing, just differing opinions.
You should try to get an MS Wheel. They are awesome when they are working. lol. I have the MS Wheel rigged up to a playseat and I must say it's a joy to drive almost any car in the game now and much more fun.
Happy racing guys, and I am sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to. Just my opinion.

The Official Xbox 360 Microsoft Wheel? I had that in Forza 2 with the Playseat and the wheel and pedals just felt like a piece of junk (the build quality). Also I drove an R1 car for a few hours in Forza 2 and the steering wouldn't work properly - it was either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. I changed a bunch of settings but I couldn't get it to work. Is there some special setting I'm supposed to use to get it to work?

I even bought that Porsche Fannatec Turbo S Wheel and the Clubsport Pedals (solid steel) for £500 and I had the same steering issues with that and that was supposed to be designed for Forza 3. Maybe I'm just not skillful enough - I don't know. I just wish the manufacturers would provide the settings needed to get the wheel and pedals working properly.

I'm never buying a 3rd party peripheral again - I've never bought one that worked properly apart from the Astro A40 Headphones and Mixamp. Best £230 I ever spent. It's like a normal pair of headphones but much better build quality and its got a boom mic. You can hear game audio and voice through both earpieces and its got 5.1 surround.

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 0:44

You still got the Fanatec Wheel? I was thinking about getting one, but wanted to try before I buy.
It looks awesome. So do the Clubsport pedals. How do they feel?

Also, I have some good settings for the MS wheel. I couldn't use it to begin with, but now it feels great. I love it. If you hook up the MS wheel again, I will give you my settings.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 8:27

Can I have them? Very Happy I struggle a bit with the wheel with regards to the over sensitive brake. I have began using the controller again and I am much better with it but I feel like I need to use the wheel.

FREE TUNES C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 9:36

It's basically 0 - Full on the steering axis, acceleration axis and deceleration axis. It's that simple. Well, almost full on the steering axis.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by HoW Jones Sun 2 May 2010 - 15:58

I'm looking for help tuning the R! 950 #7 RS Spyder for Silverstone GP. I've tried myself and I'm really strugggling to get any kind of grip. I'm using TC, and usually ABS and Auto transmission, but in order to be competitive I need to learn to drive with them off. Can a good tuner please help an inexperienced driver out?

HoW Jones

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by HoW Jones Sun 2 May 2010 - 15:59

Missed the sticky.

HoW Jones

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down