TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
FREE TUNES EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
FREE TUNES EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
FREE TUNES EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
FREE TUNES EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

FREE TUNES

2 posters

Go down

FREE TUNES Empty FREE TUNES

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 22:26

NOTE: Please only post in this thread if you have free HRC tunes to share or if you want to comment on the free tunes mentioned in this thread

Please reply to this thread if any of the tunes have improved your lap times or even tell us if you hate the tune and why!

I am giving away my tunes for every TORA and non-TORA event for 2 reasons.
1: I realise that a lot of people don't know how to tune or don't want to/can't tune due to the time involved so this is for you guys. It's not fun driving a car that handles crap - so I hope these tunes help.
2: I only want to win a race if I am genuinely faster than someone - not just because I have a tune that nobody else has. I can't sleep at night if I win purely because I have a tune that nobody else has!

To all Tuners - imagine if you did a tune for a race and give it to everybody. You would save all those people from having to waste 1-2 days of their life trying to tune their cars for the track and if one of those guys returned the favour then it would save you time as well. I hope this thread encourages everyone to share their tunes but I won't hold my breath… P.S - I hate tuning but it's a necessary evil if there are no free tunes available! I especially hate having to spend more time tuning a car (1-2 days) than the time I spend actually doing the race (10 minutes). This wouldn't be so bad if these cars were competitive in Matchmaking lobbies (then the tune wasn't just for a one off event) or if we would ever do the same tracks again on TORA but I don't think we will.

o Davey James o

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

FREE TUNES Empty Toyota Celica '94 (600 PI)

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:20

I came 2nd at Nurburg with a previous version of this tune which was a bit unstable but I've perfected it now and won the Rally di Positano with the tune below. I then retested the tune on Nurburg and found it was a lot more stable and quicker. So this tune is good for power tracks or handling tracks.

Engine: Race Ignition, Race Exhaust, Race Camshaft, Sport Valves, Race Displacement, Race Turbo
Handling: Race Brakes, Race Springs, Race Rollbars, Race Cage, Race Weight
Drivetrain: Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Diff
Tires: Race Tires, Best Width, Last Rim Sizes, Dub Rims. DUB Rims lower your PI without significant loss of stats so you can use the extra PI saved to get engine parts.
Aero: Street Front Bumper, Street Rear Wing, Street Rear Bumper, Street Side Skirts. These parts lower your PI and increase your speed.

Note that the setup has No Driveline and No Flywheel. For this car neither of those things makes a significant difference compared to adding more engine parts.

Speed 7.6
Handlin 5.7
Accelerat 7.2
Braking 5.8
Launch 6.3

Power 507
Torque 396
Weigh 2,708
Front Weig 57%
Drive AWD 2.4L

Tires: 29, 29
Gears: Final Drive: 4.50, 1st: 2.89, 2nd: 1.98, 3rd: 1.45, 4th: 1.05, 5th: 0.80, 6th: 0.63
Alignment: -1.0, -1.0, 0.0, -0.1, 4.9
Rollbars: 15, 35. This gives the best turn in speed while still being stable.
Springs: 611.5, 592, 5.4, 5.5. Having the rear Ride height 0.1 above the front gives slightly more grip.
Damping: 6.5, 6.3, 4.6, 4.5
Braking: 50, 63. You may want to increase the brake pressure as high as possible to match your driving style without causing lock up.
Differential: 45, 9, 55, 80, 32. The gears and the last diff settings combined give at least a 1 second quicker launch off the grid with no ill effects.

Last edited by o Davey James o on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

FREE TUNES Empty Re: FREE TUNES

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:31

seriously, i dont know how i beat your time around nurburgring.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by o Davey James o Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 23:39

I think you mean the last stage of Rally di Positano? I can't really comment as we were in different cars. Nevertheless congrats on that time. I don't really understand how you manged that when you were slower on all the other stages! Did you mess up on those stages but made no mistakes on the last stage?

The only reason I chose my car was because it was the only one that didn't drive like a tank! For me all the other cars kept locking up under braking.

o Davey James o

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down