TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

+76
Oops XyZ
The Posimosh
CQR Deuce
Texaspotatolord
TweekPunx
Ax4x Cowboy
CredibleWizard
Red Dirt Bandit
big dj210
BG Wingnut396
TheAngryPudding
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CD 195
F4H Stuttgart
RW26 BLAZE
Markius Fox
Mandown46
CreamyTastey
SorrySmithy
F4H Music Man
AMR of the Apex
Morne in Glory
silentalarm42
Hailfire97x
pjtierney2003
SnippetyOggy86
EMW Takum1
HCR generaltso
ll Taku ll
F4H Hakkinen
Diablo 29x
Koenigsegg R
CQR Jono
CQR Honcho
TG Wormburner
TfR Milton
CQR Cobblepop
Hainesy
LastNewtStandin
MAJ0R LAZER
Matt
RumbleBee 392
F4H bandicoot
LMR BlackHawk
Ax4x Bandit
TMG Lapierre 7x
CQR D4N13L
tsaFooT
ART Carrera
Ax4x Kane
lfcnicklfc
LMR DarthMario
Richy59
CQR Rogue
AdamWatson99
CQR NEON
Standaman94
F4H Bullet
Racert46
BG Wumba
CQR SPiDeRzZ
Wooflers
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR HABURi
VVV GunDaM
CQR Aero
XPR Roadrunner
F4H Carrera
R!CARDOUK
ShrinkingSteven
F4H Lotterer
HCR ChicaiN
Beanz
Adder 020
theboomeranga
Biggsy tv
80 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 15:18

Simon will be missed Sad

back to AMR for a quick sec.

I'm just gonna leave it now with one last attempt for people to get my point. If nobody gets that then I'm an idiot for bringing it up.

If TORA thas a "Thing" with AMR and creates series with other cars, including the Astons (IE GT, ISCC, SuperGT, JrTCC, TEC). It creates a sense of an unfair bias towards them, thus leading to speculation that somehow things are gravitating towards VAMR's favour.

If you made an Aston Spec series or a multiclass Aston series, or whatever, go mental with it, that's ok.

If nobody can see this point, then I'll shut up and never mention it again, but know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 15:40

Poop
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 16:02

The VAMR thing only came about officially right before Round 1 of the GTs this season. The Aston was present in the GTs last season, GT4 last year, JrTCC before the GTs started and in ISCC last year. What if you were on staff and ran the SRT car in the GTs or ISCC? Would that be seen as favoritism? The CQR guys have now turned two cars in the last two seasons which were not picked or claimed to be 'slow' and have made them race winners. Some artwork has been used recently which shows the recent winning cars - and one was a blank Aston - so I think it's unfair to say TORA has VAMR focus. You like to remind everyone that you have links with SRT and also post up news from the real race team, why can't the VAMR guys do the same?

Look I am not in VAMR and have been wary about how it has been treated by some people, and I am very neutral in the subject as I don't want anything to do with it. I am also not the only one, so I can completely see and I completely get the point you are trying to make. I just think it's a bit unfair to jump on the guys because the Race and Championship Winners are being shown off through our media.

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 16:42

Richy59 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think it will be. I'm away and Stan's car dis on the blink, whilst Chris will be competing.
My card? Suspect Looks fine to me...
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 16:48

No Stan your CAR. Wink

TORA always > VAMR btw
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 17:08

Just to clarify, and this point will also become clear when I publish a write up I'm working on, the VAMR team has been a person project for myself and Chris since September last year. The Astons were chosen on the basis that we were to represent Aston Martin in a new market for them and in a brand new way that they have never tried to be officially part of before. This is an ongoin effort and in no way affects the operation of TORA. VAMR are a team within TORA much as any other and we are just lucky to be in a position to promote ourselves through them using our own facebook and Twitter feeds.
Any reference to the team through TORAs official channels has been due to the nature of the teams position in the championship. If SRT were leading the way we would most likely be adding the odd tweet here and there about them. Same for any other championship team.
As I tend to be the main person involved with the social media side of things there is limited time for me to take in every aspect of every teams news. If there has been news on Twitter that has linked us I do tend to retweet that. I know BG and CQR as well as many of our newer members who tweet us get retweeted and comments where I see fit.
There is no bias towards VAMR outside of its position in the championship. To suggest otherwise is, frankly, insulting.
Chris and I have put in a lot of effort to develop a strong working relationship with Aston Martin and to suggest that TORA output is misused in anyway is not on.

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 EwVLgo3
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 17:30

just wait until i get a sponsorship from Ford and you see my Ford GT3 Pinto Cool
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 19:43

It just so happens that most of the public, pre-season testing lobbies were focused on the first round at Sunset which is arguably the Aston's weakest track. I think that a lot of the problems and perceived dominance of the Aston stems from this.

If you balance a car so that it is competitive in its weakest environment then you remove the associated weakness of that car.

The point I am getting at is that all cars should be balanced out over the entire race calendar so the parity that is aimed for is there throughout the series as a whole and not on select tracks. The testing team should provide as much data as possible over as many tracks as possible to ensure this happens and TORA should not be rushed or pressured to release car lists until they are satisfied that everything is as close as possible.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:28

The only difference between what I have with SRT and what you guys have with AMR is that I'm not staff, and 2-3 of the 8 drivers are staff in the AMR. If it was 1 person, I wouldn't be mentioning it.

I'm just saying, that it looks the way it looks, and nothing more.

I shall say no more.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:39

So if any staff members do well in any championship they are now cheating? That is one pathetic point.

The testing was done by staff not linked to VAMR so how can it be there fault that they chose a car and got qucik drivers to help them tune it?

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:40

To be honest with you Cowboy, Sunset was a strong track for the Aston. The weak tracks were Catalunya and Laguna Seca. Not to mention the fact that so far this season, the Aston has only been the quickest car at 3 of the tracks, those being Motegi, Nurburg GP and Sebring.
Then you need to take into consideration, the player drop off at this point in the season. If guys like ONR, TG, B0x and Dantastic etc were still racing, I can guarantee you that the Aston would be nowhere near winning at tracks like Laguna.
So, where exactly did you get the idea that the Aston was weak at Sunset?
You are aware that the Z4 has been the quickest car at more tracks than the Aston, right?
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:46

CQR CHRiS wrote:So if any staff members do well in any championship they are now cheating? That is one pathetic point.

The testing was done by staff not linked to VAMR so how can it be there fault that they chose a car and got qucik drivers to help them tune it?

IM NOT SAYING THEY'RE CHEATING. I didn't say that in any of my posts, people are twisting my words...ergh

All I'm saying is that it looks likes a conspiracy theory when you take into account everything that has happened.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:53

Look were any staff member finished in the season which one won a race? In what way was it a conspiracy?

If your not accusing them of cheating then what are trying to say? Nothing makes sense in your point as there isnt one to make.

Two drivers took a car and tuned it to its limit which has benifited all members of VAMR. Time and effort wins races if SRT didnt win one you must of put the wrong drivers in the car. I dont care if it offends anyone now as this comes around every season once someone wins a championship wheather it be GT's or TCC. I guess the only conspiracy is VAMR hacked and made a lag spike that made two BMWs that ran away at road america crash and lose the 1-2.?

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 20:55

The only person I've seen consistantly at the top in the Aston is CQR Daniel. Shifty as well, but only them two.

Calling it a conspiracy theory is pretty stupid and ignorant in my opinion.

As far as the twitter feeds, last year for example at Le Mans most of the tweets revolved F4H and CQR in LMP1 and F4H in GT since those two where the top teams. Of course they're going to tweet about the top cars and the results, and it just so happens this year most of the tweets revolve around the Aston team since they are doing the best.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:01

+1 Bullet

Where's the conspiracy?

No PI changes were made to VAMR cars, CQR just tuned it properly and our best drivers turned it into a race winner. Same as S9 with the Jag, and S10 with the Lambo. As for tweets and promotion, of course that will be about the winning cars, that's the whole point, nobody cares who finished 16th or 20th, people want to know who won.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:07

I say we should challenge the CQR guys into running the Viper for S11 if the builds stay the same. Razz

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 J8Ljahl
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 PEEdCpnTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 ZzhlIqHTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 UmQfodETORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 C0cSnDzTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 1vuHXh0TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 MAsvnrETORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 GrZPNKA

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:08

Or the Mosler lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:23

With no disrespect to ATR Dan, this Aston has been the BEST car I have driven over the last 3 seasons because CQR have done such a great job on it. I don't see anyone challenging the fact that I've been consistently in Lobby B. CQR Daniel has been our talisman throughout this series, because he's bloody quick. It's fair that there is more coverage around the winner, isn't it?

Roadrunner I strongly suggest that you pick up your paper thin claims and your record player that keeps on skipping, saying the same things over and over and leave this conversation! Please!
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:31

The Mosler?

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 HCF8CE6A8
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:45

I drive the Mosler scratch

It's a piece of crud.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:46

Which is why CQR should drive it. Just a little test for them. Wink

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 J8Ljahl
TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 PEEdCpnTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 ZzhlIqHTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 UmQfodETORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 C0cSnDzTORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 1vuHXh0TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 MAsvnrETORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 GrZPNKA

TORA MSA GT World Championship 2013 - General Discussion - Page 21 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:39

I'll give you a good example, over at VM Mopar001 getting the the Viper into lobby 1 against people like VXR Polaris, ONR RoadRunner, F4H Koenigsegg, GLR Brizzo and so on. Im sure if the CQR guys ran the Viper they'd be up Lobby 1 still and winning races.

Really doubting CQR's skill is donwright stupid. You should probaly just expect the fact that thier are people who will be better then you and stop complaining on how "slow' the viper is.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TweekPunx Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:46

Standaman94 wrote:I drive the Mosler scratch

It's a piece of crud.

I have wondered why the Mosler is eligible to race (other than competing in a truck load of real life GT series, obviously) as it would seem to be at a pretty big disadvantage; y'know, being a road car and all. Wouldn't it make sense to dust off an F430GT and allow people to drive them instead (after adding a power handicap etc.)? It would be mirrored by BMW having the Z4 and M3 homologated. Just an idea, feel free to disregard entirely Very Happy
TweekPunx
TweekPunx

TORA Race Number : 887
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:52

Im getting quite angry over this whole thing over the Aston, Ok there ended up being 4 'staff' members in the 8 Astons that CQR tuned and put alot of work into. The car has some epic acceleration and along with the great tuning of CQR made it into a championship winner. The best car was easily the BMW, look how quick the ONR guys were at the Hock!, just crazy. If the Aston was 'overpowered' the 8 drivers of VAMR would have been locking out the top 8 postions of lobby A. The most Astons the ever got into lobby A was 4 at one time.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:52

We had the F430 but the F458 is new and 'Next gen'
M3 is old too and not used any more if that makes sence.

ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next