TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct)

+55
HCR generaltso
Ianmr
The Posimosh
Standaman94
AdamWatson99
Modafaya
LMR Hydro
CRA XenoMorph
BDR BOX
Hainesy
WhiteShark NL
MrRaZzT
CQR Jono
ScottyMadeIt
SorrySmithy
ART Carrera
TPR b0x
ATR DAN
xVampirAx
RW26 BLAZE
Koenigsegg R
CQR NEON
big dj210
Lowrider Glissa
IBlueIJaBBRexI
JSR Type Ry
SECR Marko1100
BDR Blackbird
Wooflers
CQR Honcho
Noland35F
tsaFooT
Radiation Louis
Spartan LXVIII
Beanz
Graftersroom
Red Dirt Bandit
BG Wumba
RumbleBee 392
R!CARDOUK
braindead nl
Ax4x Chaddy
Adder 020
CQR SPiDeRzZ
F4H Bullet
HCR ChicaiN
CQR Senna
CQR Rogue
CQR HABURi
BAM Python
Racert46
LMR DarthMario
XPR Roadrunner
ShrinkingSteven
Biggsy tv
59 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct)

Post by CQR Honcho Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 23:49

FranchittiFan wrote:that lag was caused by Modafaya Dunc, I had no where to go.

On my screen its caused by ATR Dan Neutral lol

CQR Honcho

TORA Race Number : 38
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2012-06-05

https://www.facebook.com/RustyLaidlerRacing

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct)

Post by Adder 020 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 5:57

SelectiveRogue wrote:im sorry but dont moan to simon about 16 player lobbies, 16 players have worked well recent race events though going by chaddy pic some lag

Then there is still the case:

If you can't join due to networkproblems ( or other problems) you can't go a lobby down because it is full.
If you had raced 4x 12 then you could have gone a lobby lower( only when you were in D you couldn't join).

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 6:51

Bli33ard wrote:

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 Forza24

And that was the end of my race already in lap 1 race 2 B lobby, 100% damaged on all parts, i just saw a purple Ferrari going straight throug me and the next tihing i know i am standing next to the road.

There was some serious lagging going on last night, and its a shame that it caused so much problems.

Better luck next time i hope.
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:00

CRA Adder wrote:
SelectiveRogue wrote:im sorry but dont moan to simon about 16 player lobbies, 16 players have worked well recent race events though going by chaddy pic some lag

If you can't join due to networkproblems ( or other problems) you can't go a lobby down because it is full.
If you had raced 4x 12 then you could have gone a lobby lower( only when you were in D you couldn't join).

The 16 player thing was an attempt to see if Forza could do it finally, and the answer was, YES! I don't think it had been tried since all these update, but if it allows 16 people why not do it. The aim was to get all 16 into Lobby a, then lobby b and if it worked then we'd go for 16. Everyone managed to get in there with not a hint of issues at all.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:04

SelectiveRogue wrote:
BG Beanz wrote:Tell me about it, i'm heading up to turn two minding my own business, then BAM, out of nowhere two cars are on their noses and i have nowhere to go... carnage ensues!

It seems to be certain people repeatedly lagging, although not always consistently throughout the whole race...

Can you PM me who please
I'll check the replay tonight and let you know what happened from my POV. It all happened so fast i didn't know WTF was going on to tell the truth! pale
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:11

CMGraphix wrote:
CRA Adder wrote:

The 16 player thing was an attempt to see if Forza could do it finally, and the answer was, YES! I don't think it had been tried since all these update, but if it allows 16 people why not do it. The aim was to get all 16 into Lobby a, then lobby b and if it worked then we'd go for 16. Everyone managed to get in there with not a hint of issues at all.

If you did it like that, that should be working fine, so perfect!
But.....( sorry I am Dutch, always complaining and debating... Wink ) it took also a bit of time to get a person ( bloody cain or crisis nine, cant remember)into the lobby so the ending of the races was late( in Europe )

BTW: when will the time in GB put back 1 hour?
Here in Europe is it upcoming weekend.

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:16

Its this upcoming weekend for UK too.

BloodyCaiN, ah yes.... BloodyCaiN. I invited him, and after 5 mins invited him again and he sent me a voice message saying "I'm just doing some practice laps", so I replied that we are all in there waiting for him, and he then joined instantly.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:38

sorry to go away from the previous conversation, but is BST going back to GMT? and what day? saturday or sunday?
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:48

It will be GMT Sunday morning for us. So basically ISCC will be an hour later for those not changing times

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:49

ok cool, so if there was to be a UK based race on saturday morning, it wont be affected?
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:51

exactly right. Weird time to change time, 2am BST Sunday is when the clocks go back, so we live out 1am to 2am twice.

WHY 2AM?!

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 8:54

Because that is when the London Underground trains stop running.

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 10:37

Just because you can get 16 people into a lobby fine doesn't mean it was a success, it was proved in lobby A last night that going over 12 increases the lag problem significantly during the actual racing.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 10:50

Chaddy got lag-bombed by a car ahead which had an upload speed too slow for 16 players... and 5 innocent cars behind get destroyed as a result. So was a completely pointless evening for me unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 11:05

Our broadband here is long overdue for an update so I'll try and see if we can sort my end out. Just noticed that my current provider Sky also do fibre optic broadband, so it might be cheaper just to upgrade it rather than switch providers.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 11:05

Can I say a big thanks to BG Hainsey for making sure he got me into Q1. Really appreciate that so thanks very much. Came online at 19.59 due to some issues at home and just made it in.

And also thanks to Simon for helping Grafter with setting up the lobbies, as it turned out I was ok to get the results in the end after all.

And thanks to Grafter who hosted his first ever lobby and did a decent job of it.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Cobblepop Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 11:33

CMGraphix wrote:The 16 player thing was an attempt to see if Forza could do it finally, and the answer was, YES! I don't think it had been tried since all these update, but if it allows 16 people why not do it. The aim was to get all 16 into Lobby a, then lobby b and if it worked then we'd go for 16. Everyone managed to get in there with not a hint of issues at all.

Surely you cannot ignore the possible correlation between a 16 player lobby and one of the most spectacular and devastating lag crashes ever seen?

The fact remains that 5 people suffered race ending damage and while I'll admit it is difficult to say exactly what caused the increased lag issues, it seems a little premature to say that the 16 player lobbies were successful.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the desire to fill lobbies with 16 players, more players usually means more fun, but isn't there an argument to look at this objectively and say '16 player lobbies are unpredictable and therefore unsustainable?'.
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Cobblepop

TORA Race Number : 963
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by big dj210 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 11:54

where do i file a race complaint/report i need to report a driver
big dj210
big dj210

TORA Race Number : 210
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:00

@ CQR Magic, what is a good upload speed in your opinion?

I am running at +/- 50mb download, 3mb upload and a ping of 4. It is a wired conection to the router and when i game there is no other computer running in the house. my xbox is in a DMZ.

I have never seen so many problems with lag as yesterday. Shocked

Maybe it had something to do with the 16 player lobbies, maybe it has something to do with slow internet connections or just having people from all over the world in the lobby makes it unstable.... I don't know.

For me and Ian the race was over after 4 turns.... Sad

I had rather been in C lobby with 12 drivers and have a proper race then this lag issue in B lobby with 16 drivers.

Last edited by Racert46 on Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:18; edited 2 times in total
Racert46
Racert46

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:11

Yup my car did a flip, with a lag crash very frustration to not even have a safety car. I am going to have a chat with the staff as a restart would have been ideal as it wasn't anyones fault directly.

Don't see the issue with 16 players myself, it was individual connections and it would have happened with 8 players.

But he'll my race was wrecked yet you don't hear me whining like everyone else, if people would do what we ask to fix their connections TORA would be a better place!!

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 B4mUCeQ
TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 C7LquN0
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:19

Well next round we will not have 16 player lobbies to see what the difference is.

16 player lobbies have worked in the past, and I believe that Silverstone, even Le Mans 24 hours ran close to, or on 16 people in the lobby without issue, but we'll see.

In my opinion, whether it was 12 or 16 people in the lobby, the lag would've been exsactly the same, though a higher concentration of people racing meant it was more likely that lag caused issue. Less numbers may help

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:24

Racert46 wrote:@ CQR Magic, what is a good upload speed in your opinion?

I am running at +/- 50mb download, 3mb upload and a ping of 4.

I have never seen so many problems with lag as yesterday. Shocked

From my own racing with CQR, a good rule of thumb for lag-free Forza gameplay is to allow 0.05Mb upload per car, so:

A 0.4Mbit (400kbit) upload will handle around 8 cars without any lag
A 0.6Mbit (600kbit) - 12 cars
A 0.8Mbit (800kbit) - 16 cars

So your 3Mb upload is excellent! The lag you were seeing was almost certainly due to the upload speed of another player in the lobby - they're connection wasn't fast enough to send the data out to every other player in the lobby such as yourself. The more players you add, the more data has to be sent (Forza is peer-to-peer remember), so all game position data, timing data and voice chat has to be transmitted to each person in the lobby. The more players you add, the more interconnections there are:

4 players is 3^2 (9 connections)
8 players is 7^2 (49 connections)
12 players is 11^2 (121 connections)
16 players is 15^2 (225 connections)

The huge lag crashes are caused by saturation - this is when the upload is fully maxed out (100%) and can't transmit any more data, causing a massive spike (high ping rate) as no control data can be transmitted due to lack of bandwidth. It takes a second or so to recover from this, in the mean time cars have lagged 150ft backwards and forwards, causing carnage. Forza 4 doesn't handle it very well - it should detect if a car becomes stationary and immediately ghost the car which would avoid a lot of lag crashes (Forza 2 was far superior in this regard).

Most UK ADSL connections are 384kbit (typical for Sky broadband), 512kbit or 768kbit upload speed, so 12+ lobbies will inevitably have lag until people have faster uploads (most fibre connections are 2Mbit plus upload, which would theoretically support 40 players if the game could handle it!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:28

Thank you for making this more clear. Very Happy
Racert46
Racert46

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:29

Oh, and just want to add that lag is no-one's 'fault' - it's a limitation of the technology we all have to use. Understanding why it happens and minimising the chances is the best way to resolve issues. I used to have a 1.5Mb download and 384kbit upload and even 8 player races were difficult sometimes, the difference with 40Mb download and 7.5Mb upload is huge!

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 12:33

As richy will agree xbox 360 is 7 years old, its net code needs a mass overhaul, I race and continue to race on rfactor with races around green hell featuring 100 drivers plus and no lag why? because the net code is better.

the next xbox will have a better net code however please can some 1 send me all the drivers that were lagging just like real worlds issues such as engine failures we have lag failures lol

TORA MSA GT Meeting 8 - Road Atlanta (21st Oct) - Page 5 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next