TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov)

+38
Modafaya
MrRaZzT
TPR b0x
CQR Aero
GrandTourer
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Hainesy
xVampirAx
IRT Bubba
CreamyTastey
ScottyMadeIt
CD 195
ART Carrera
HCR ChicaiN
Ax4x Bandit
Hailfire97x
CQR SPiDeRzZ
Richy59
Wooflers
Ax4x Chaddy
Crisis Nine
Lowrider Glissa
RW26 BLAZE
BG Wumba
Racert46
The Posimosh
RumbleBee 392
big dj210
AntiLagged
R!CARDOUK
BDR Blackbird
Beanz
WhiteShark NL
IBlueIJaBBRexI
ShrinkingSteven
XPR Roadrunner
Adder 020
CQR Rogue
42 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov)

Post by R!CARDOUK Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 16:27

wonder how long it will be before we see the first lap times for the monster track thats next on the list. clean only mind you Smile
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov) - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Meeting 9 - Laguna Seca (18th Nov)

Post by R!CARDOUK Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 16:28

wonder how long it will be before we see the first lap times for the monster track thats next on the list. clean only mind you Smile
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 17:01

VENTING...

Just for clarification...the 1st race for the GT series starts at a designated 8:50pm UK time...not when the lobby host is ready to go. I turned on my x-box at 7:45pm UK time as I have every race for this entire series. I got into the room at 7:51pm UK time and the first race was already on the 3rd lap. That means the parade lap and almost three total laps had already been ran. That's starting the race way before 8:50pm UK time. I've personally had to wait in TORA rooms for people to show up without any complaints and I've actually had conversations with a few room hosts about this months ago letting them know that after initial qualifying I turn my xbox off so my wheel doesn't shut down midrace. I realize according to the rules I was late for the superpole (which I did not know existed until I looked yesterday) but I was on in plenty of time to make the first race had the room not started the first race early. Point being...this isn't the first time I've turned my xbox off not showing online prior to events. This has happened literally every single race since the beginning in all TORA series. I'm just upset that the room started early knowing I was in qualifying and have never missed a race in any series to date.

No, I do not expect an entire room to wait for me if I'm unknowingly late but if I'm not late...I do expect the room to wait until the designated time to start and it didn't.

In the future it would be nice if all rules are followed for all TORA series...not just the convenient ones. Starting early and leaving someone out of a race is not ok imo.

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:02

BloodYCaiN wrote:VENTING...

Just for clarification...the 1st race for the GT series starts at a designated 8:50pm UK time...not when the lobby host is ready to go. I turned on my x-box at 7:45pm UK time as I have every race for this entire series. I got into the room at 7:51pm UK time and the first race was already on the 3rd lap. That means the parade lap and almost three total laps had already been ran. That's starting the race way before 8:50pm UK time. I've personally had to wait in TORA rooms for people to show up without any complaints and I've actually had conversations with a few room hosts about this months ago letting them know that after initial qualifying I turn my xbox off so my wheel doesn't shut down midrace. I realize according to the rules I was late for the superpole (which I did not know existed until I looked yesterday) but I was on in plenty of time to make the first race had the room not started the first race early. Point being...this isn't the first time I've turned my xbox off not showing online prior to events. This has happened literally every single race since the beginning in all TORA series. I'm just upset that the room started early knowing I was in qualifying and have never missed a race in any series to date.

No, I do not expect an entire room to wait for me if I'm unknowingly late but if I'm not late...I do expect the room to wait until the designated time to start and it didn't.

In the future it would be nice if all rules are followed for all TORA series...not just the convenient ones. Starting early and leaving someone out of a race is not ok imo.
The races don't start at a specific time, they start when everybody is in (as far as reasonably possible) and ready to go...
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:16

Not according to the series rules. May want to read them again...I did. Everybody wasn't in the room...that's the point. Yes...I missed superpole due to lack of my own knowledge but I wasn't late for the race.

Last edited by BloodYCaiN on Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:18

GT RULEBOOK wrote:Meeting Timetable
Qualifying 1 -
Start time - 8:00pm UK Time - This is to set which lobbies the drivers will compete in.
Qualifying 2 -
Start time - 8:35pm UK Time - This is to set the grid for race 1.
Race 1 -
Start time - 8:50pm UK Time - Grid will be the results of Qualifying 2 session. The race begins in this order by a rolling start.
Race 2 -
Start time - 9:30pm Uk Time - Grid will be set in the order of the race one results. The race begins in this order by a rolling start.

Nowhere in these rules does it say start the races early even if all that qualified are not in the room. Regardless if the drivers are showing online or not. That's the whole purpose for start times.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:21

But also it clearly states:

TORA’s ‘Live Timing’ system will be updated after Qualifying 1 has taken place to update you who your lobby host will be. We ask that all competitors remain on Xbox live for the start of the race. ONE invite will be sent out to all race entrants. This will denote your race meeting lobby. If a connection issue is apparent please contact the race director or lobby host ASAP and they will do their best to ensure you can connect to the race lobby. If all entrants are ready to race, the start times will begin early.

There are 2 sides to this...
And you came in the lobby at 8.51
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:27

Racert46 wrote:But also it clearly states:

TORA’s ‘Live Timing’ system will be updated after Qualifying 1 has taken place to update you who your lobby host will be. We ask that all competitors remain on Xbox live for the start of the race. ONE invite will be sent out to all race entrants. This will denote your race meeting lobby. If a connection issue is apparent please contact the race director or lobby host ASAP and they will do their best to ensure you can connect to the race lobby. If all entrants are ready to race, the start times will begin early.

There are 2 sides to this...
And you came in the lobby at 8.51

Yes I did and the race was already on the 3rd lap. Every single person in the room should have seen me come online long before 8:50. The quoted response is null and void if all players are not in the room. Again..I have made clear that I turn my xBox off after qualifying and I watch live timing for the invites are being sent out message which has worked flawlessly the entire series up til now. Obviously I will not be doing the same thing anymore. I'm not looking for a huge discussion here. According to the time of race rules...the 1st race starts at 8:50pm UK time if all parties are accounted for. I was online prior to that time. Any facts beyond this are irrelivent. Not to mention I have never been in a GT race room that has started so early. I admit missing superpole was my fault...missing the race...wasn't.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:34

Maybe because you missed super pole the host thought you went missing i don't know...
What is wrong with the wheel that you can not stay online? Can't you go to a practice session osr something?
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:40

if lobby B started early, and lobby A started 30mins late.....
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 19:42

Racert46 wrote:Maybe because you missed super pole the host thought you went missing i don't know...
What is wrong with the wheel that you can not stay online? Can't you go to a practice session osr something?

It used to disconnect all the time essentially ruining my races. Ever since, I've turned it off after qually and have never had the problem. I understand some of this issue is my fault. An honest misunderstanding of the superpole rules. But...my wheel issues has been brought up to a few regular lobby hosts. Aero has been my typical lobby host, I did inform him of this problem in the past specifically a month ago when everyone was in the room as I joined. I apologized for making people wait and explained why I go offline. Again, this has worked in every event so I didnt know I was late.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:05

According to the rules we should of two flying laps for super pole. Not 1.... And it has been one every time I have been in the lobby.... Hmmmmm Question
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:10

WCM Outlaw wrote:According to the rules we should of two flying laps for super pole. Not 1.... And it has been one every time I have been in the lobby.... Hmmmmm Question
No, superpole is set to two laps, but you only get one flying lap, that's how it's meant to be.
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:11

And lobby b did start earlier than normal... I didn't know Cain wasn't in the lobby till he showed up or I would of said something cuz he was online before the race even started... But also in the past the super pole hasn't started till 845 instead of the prescribed 835
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:16

BG Beanz wrote:
WCM Outlaw wrote:According to the rules we should of two flying laps for super pole. Not 1.... And it has been one every time I have been in the lobby.... Hmmmmm Question
No, superpole is set to two laps, but you only get one flying lap, that's how it's meant to be.

i was on my phone and misread it... but it does say qualifying is set to 3 laps... 1 warm-up, 1 flying and the third is for the lobby-host to get times... before the qualifiers get to the line to finish the session, so in a way is two but then it would exclude the lobby host from running a second lap...

thinking the rules should be changed to how it is actually ran, maybe not now but for next season cuz this rule doesn't exactly match what happens...
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:20

WCM Outlaw wrote:And lobby b did start earlier than normal... I didn't know Cain wasn't in the lobby till he showed up or I would of said something cuz he was online before the race even started... But also in the past the super pole hasn't started till 845 instead of the prescribed 835

I appreciate you admitting I was online prior to the race starting. Maybe a little more "lets wait a few minutes for this guy since he's always here" rather than "screw him, he's missing the race" would be nice in the future.

No secret...the lobby went off much earlier than usual.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 20:34

BloodYCaiN wrote:
WCM Outlaw wrote:And lobby b did start earlier than normal... I didn't know Cain wasn't in the lobby till he showed up or I would of said something cuz he was online before the race even started... But also in the past the super pole hasn't started till 845 instead of the prescribed 835

I appreciate you admitting I was online prior to the race starting. Maybe a little more "lets wait a few minutes for this guy since he's always here" rather than "screw him, he's missing the race" would be nice in the future.

No secret...the lobby went off much earlier than usual.

yeah it did
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 21:36

BloodYCaiN wrote:VENTING...

I think you need to live by all the rules mate and the first one for me states...

We ask that all competitors are on Xbox live 15 minutes prior to the start of the race meeting, and appear online.

I'm sorry for you to miss the race but once again I don't feel that posting out here complaining that no one followed the rules, when you didn't do so your self really helps. I think it's about time people took responsibility for their own actions, and if you have an issue contact the TORA staff direct to discuss it rather than just "VENTING" out in public.

I'm not posting this to start a row, it's not just you, I think there is just too much public moaning about things that people could avoid, it's never your fault it's always the other guy. If you have an issue post a stewards enquiry to get he staff looking at it. Thanks for reading.
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

TORA Race Number : 101
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2012-03-03

http://www.blackDeathRacers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 22:35

How many times now have I clearly stated that this was mostly my fault? MOSTLY!!! It doesn't change the fact that the race started before the designated time AND you have already seen a lobby B driver state that he saw me online before the race started. Yeah...they do "ask" that all competitors are online 15 minutes prior to the race. As stated many times now...missing superpole was MY FAULT. Is that clear?

Now...I'm pretty sure you didnt read any of the other posts I made so I'm a little set back by your comments. Always has to be someone who jumps off the defensive cliff. The same thing happens to every person who posts something pertaining to something that went wrong. Why would I put in a Stewards Inquiry? I'm not asking for anything to be changed or for a fricken pat on the back. More so I would like to prevent this from happening to someone in the future. I was if fact online before the designated race start time. Nothing will change that. The room started early without all qualifying entrants present. Doesn't matter if I was showing online or not. REMINDER...my steering wheel issue and the fact that I go offline isn't shocking new news.

You know...Saturday instead of practicing for the VLN or finding a replacement for my teammate...I volunteered to host a lobby so the VLN could happen. I spent all my practice time getting the lobby settings correct due to the fact that I hadn't hosted a TORA event before. I took the time to send all the drivers in my room a friends invite and made sure they were all in my room. So...does it bother me a tad bit that a lobby host won't wait an extra minute for me to get into the room? Yeah...it does. I haven't missed one event and I've used the exact same system week after week after week. Maybe, just maybe...the defensiveness could take a fricken back seat yea?.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Mon 19 Nov 2012 - 22:47

I read all the posts before posting mate, I just get fed up reading through page after page of complaining that's all, it don't matter a toss to me that you missed the race and I don't care that much about TORA either, I just get pissed off with the moaning of people who have no one but them selves to blame. I'm not being defensive as I have nothing to defend, I'm just another racer that has turned up for every race that I've signed up for, by being on line at the allotted time and jumping in when invited to do so.

If it makes you feel better VENT away, sorry to have an opinion that differs from yours.
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 1:45

BG Blackbird wrote:it don't matter a toss to me that you missed the race and I don't care that much about TORA either,
Nice...poster boy for or next lobby host. I can see you starting a room with three people cuz you're ready.

Two words...com-passion. I hear you can pick some up pretty cheap at Walmart. Clear sign you and I are a bit different. I do care that everyone gets in the room. I'm thinkin there may have been one or two guys in the room that would have liked to see me get in to race against. Well...one at least. Rolling Eyes

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 2:42

Guys drop it please, the points are valid and no need to egg each other on
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Graftersroom Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 13:20

If it makes you feel any better Cain, I did ask where you were twice before the race...TWICE...respect that is.
Graftersroom
Graftersroom

TORA Race Number : 411
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 15:29

My last comment on this...

Cain, we had a fantastic race at Suzuka and I'd be happy to race you anywhere. I don't agree that you missed the race, you should have been in. Everyone is missing my point here.

I would like people to stop complaining about the way these comps are run is all. If you have an issue bring it to the admin team not the general public. It's a shame you missed the race but no one out here can do anything about it. PM the admin team, don't "VENT" in the public section because you will get replies you don't like to read. The TORA team do a wonderful job here running a large comp with not much help from the members. I for one thank them and the times things have gone wrong for me I've PM'd the team and always had a response.

I don't think there is a single person on this site I've had an issue with so I'm sorry if you think I lack compassion, that is not the impression most people get of me however, I can get on my high horse from time to time. I'll say sorry for getting your back up but my point is still valid, if you have an issue PM the admins, don't spam the boards and then get upset that someone replied... Cheers
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 16:55

Graftersroom wrote:If it makes you feel any better Cain, I did ask where you were twice before the race...TWICE...respect that is.

Cheers You were the one.... Very Happy

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next