TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
T McNish Q & A [PART 1] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

T McNish Q & A [PART 1]

+3
CQR Honcho
RumbleBee 392
F4H Lotterer
7 posters

Go down

T McNish Q & A [PART 1] Empty T McNish Q & A [PART 1]

Post by F4H Lotterer Thu 29 Nov 2012 - 17:56

T McNish Q & A [PART 1] McNish
Welcome race fans to the 4th and final round of the 2012 Tora endurance championship .

Were here at the ring a week early tuning ,testing and making our final changes prior to the dreaded N8 week , many teams are now starting to arrive so i figured why not go ask a few questions and just see whats going through the heads of our drivers , with over 140 entrants it was pretty easy to get a few words from the guys.

Q: Hi Drake we see you return to the TEC teamed with Alex P driving a Corvette ZR1 , what can we expect from the HR Aces wild this event and are you going into the race with a game plan?

A: HR-Aces Wild is looking for a podium finish considering the shear level of competition being brought to this race, what with the three car entry by F4H, the CQR Bulldogs, CRA's two car entry, OcR's return, and who can forget the Nurbracer entries. I'm expecting several teams to be running very quick times, and at this point I would not be all that surprised by a 7:26 or 25 popping up. For the race we are not ones to back down so we'll push and try to get the front runners to make mistakes that we can capitalize on. This will be II Alex P II's first endurance race, but he's a very quick driver and I expect him to be able to run right with the fastest teams. I'm really excited and I can't wait until qualifying comes to see what the competition has brought.

Q: MKRs ROLLIN INAN STI , 8 hour event a strong 4 man lineup , do you feel your driver lineup will have the upper hand over a 2 man team as surely tiredness can be a big factor in these events.

A: (if this makes it on the podcast for this event....) A 4 man lineup can indeed help each driver stay fresh for each of their scheduled stint. Especially since this is the Nordschliefe. We need to keep ourselves fresh, as one little mistake around here can mean BIG. (Off-air: I got Fleaver's approval to use his TORA number #23 on our car so I had to put him down as our 4th driver, but he won't be racing officially. Wanted to use his TORA number as Nissan uses that number quite a bit. So the stint schedule will come down to Bruno, Outlaw and Myself. Though, if Bruno's situation doesn't let him make the race, Outlaw and I will cover the 4 stints instead)

Q: Hidden away trying to fine tune the gallardo we find our very own GRT 458Italia i have to ask you sir your car choice for this round is very interesting do you feel your lacking speed here , and whats the plan for the race.

A: well, it was a hard decision. i knew the lambo lacked top end speed but with the tune we have by S2M Cappie, we have been able to grab some more mph, but the place to watch this car is deffinately turn 2 through to the back straight and from the end of that to the start straight thats where it will shine. we may be off pace compared to other teams, but we aren't going down without a fight.

Q: just quickly Magic before you head out on track its fair to say that CQR have a pretty strong driver lineup but you as a team have had your share of on track issues including mechanical failures (lag) so whats the teams priority for this round of the TEC.

A:Following the unfortunate mechanical failures at LeMans and Britcar, CQR are going for tried-and-tested, reliable cars at the Nurburgring 8 Hours, with entries in all 3 classes. My team, CQR Bulldogs, have replaced the fast-but-fragile Jaguar XKR with the German efficiency of the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, and are hoping to go all out for victory. Both myself and CQR D4N13L have adapted quickly to the new car and are already lapping faster than we were in the Jaguar and are confident of a good race.

While interviewing magic a few other CQR gys wanted to throw a few words my way
The CQRish team returns with a new car (Porsche 911 GT3 Cup) and a new driver - VVV Polaris, who will race alongside newly signed CQR driver CQR Shifty and returning drivers CQR NEON and CQR Marty.

CQR NEON says "Im looking forward to this as it will be my first proper race round the old nurby and to have such good teammates in the car is especially good as it gives us a fighting chance of doing well. Although competition in the SP1cup class is going to be very strong indeed. Hopefully bringing VVV Polaris into the team has given us the 'ish' back into the CQRish team and also given us much more help to get what we want from the car."

VVV Polaris says "the paint has inspired me to practice"

Britcar Clubman class winner CQR Cobblepop is joined by CQR Jono and CQR HABURi in the TCC-inspired CQR-IKEA team, driving a Honda Civic Si 06. The team is very well prepared and with 3 experienced drivers onboard should be a contender for class victory.

A:CQR Jono says "Wow - I've never been involved in such efficiency before - well over a week to go and we have a car, livery and confirmed stints"

CQR Rusty is also racing in a VTCC Motorsport liveried VW Corrado VR6 with team mate MGR Ginge. The car is not expected to challenge the leading cars, but it's a long race and anything can happen.

A:CQR Rusty says "This cars just for 'fun'. Just want to see how we get on with a 'dog' compared to all the other top motors!"

Q: m&m britcar driver AndyT306 so we see you return to the TEC flying the XPLR flag , ill keep it simple whats the plan here do you go flat out or do you look for a steady race.

A: "My first drive in the TORA TEC back in June at the legendary 24 Heures Du Mans was a true baptism of fire, running over 1,600 miles over 14 hours I truly caught the endurance bug! I was really pleased with our 6th place finish despite technical issues. Making myself available for hire for the Britcar 24 I was delighted to be offered a seat with the M&M team and pleased that making no mistakes led to a 2nd place finish.

Looking forward to N8, I think the main enemy will be the circuit and mastering 1,000s of corners over a stint will be the main target, it's a track you have to attack, and it's not one where you can easily get into a rhythm or take a break on - make a mistake and the ring will bite you!"

Q:so were here in paddock 1A with M&Ms Ianmr and i have to ask the team is looking good 2 cars 4 drivers what are you and your drivers hoping to achieve .

A: Both cars to finish and finish strong! I am personally looking to finsih in the top 3 in SP1-Cup along with my co-driver Trash. The plan for the race it to run quick but clean, not risking any damange to the car to unsure we have no un-planned stops or delays. M&M Racing always run to a plan for these Enduro events and after winning the GT class at Sebring then Lemans with a 2nd at Silverstone we are looking to close a massivly succsessful year on a high by feilding 2 cars.

Q: OcR return to TORA for the next round of the TEC , i caught up with Project239X to ask what keeps you coming back for the TEC and what as a team are you looking for.

A:The TEC has really captured the imagination of the OcR team, we are still spurred on by our podium finish at the TORA 24 Heures Du Mans and 5th at the Britcar. I think I represent the entire team when I say it's the immense quality of our competitors and the event organisers that keeps us hungry. Our feet are firmly planted on the ground and we recognise we are some way off being able to take any real challenge to the likes of F4H or CQR, but we will be in the pack.........waiting.

Q: i finally managed to catch F4H Carrera in the ring gift shop relaxing , i have to ask you Ash you guys at F4H are very strong and very laid back do you think as a team that you can clinch trophies in all classes at the ring ?

A:Well naturally we always hope to win (who doesn't?!) but we're certainly in with a chance! Then again it's the Nurburgring, within the 8 hours there's time for mistakes to creep in and as we know the ring isn't very forgiving! Then factor in our previous endurance race experiences such as lag outs and it can hand the race to anyone! Hopefully there won't be any of that this time though! Furthermore we are up against some very strong teams, so at this point predictions of winning all 3 classes are what we hope for but who knows what the outcome will be!

Q: So Rusty a VW corrado VR6 we all know of your passion for VW but can this thing compete here and more to the point can your team compete here ?

A:The Corrado really is the suprise package here, yes its a dog and handles like fluff in a tumble dryer, but you'd be suprised.at what we have achieved in.a short space of time!
It looks the part, low, wide ( how a vw should be ) fat, and the wheels really set it apart from the rest of the grid, but dont let this fool you, she "ain't no scene Queen".

This car packs a punch and seems to be more than competative through the speed traps, even quicker with a draft! So it makes up for its weaknesses in its handling departments through speed.

I have 110% confidence in my team, despite i've never heard a scots man say " feck " so much in my life!
We've also taken on POWER STAG ( EMW STAG ) now who isn't a man who fumbles up much!

After the fantastic sucsess i had with CQR-Ish in the MK2 Golf at Silverstone, we really felt like that car became "fan favorite " so to speak, and when people see this Corrado mixing it up with all the other "Top flight" cars on the track, we hope those fans will be cheering us on again! After all, although not a "official" CQR team, we will still be sporting the trademark #FastInAnyCar on the bonnet

We may be the Great British Underdogs, but i belive a top 5 finish is within reach, so long as we keep her the right way up!

I've waffled in enough now, but hope not to give too much away, but enough so people keep a good eye on us and cheer us on to the end!

Rusty, Stag & Ginge.

Q: TORAs very own gif bomber BG Beanz greets me in the paddock so i figure why not ask what made you choose SP1 cup and who can challenge for victory here.

A: I was supposed to be going with ATR Dan, but he bailed on me (without letting me know he wasn't even doing it), so i had to enter on my own. SP1 was full by the time i entered, so i thought why not try out SP1 Cup, i quite like driving Porsche, and i get to race TORA's own Mr Trash, and hopefully give him a good rogering while i'm at it!
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

T McNish Q & A [PART 1] Empty Re: T McNish Q & A [PART 1]

Post by RumbleBee 392 Thu 29 Nov 2012 - 18:17

Nicely done bud, can wait to see more Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Honcho Thu 29 Nov 2012 - 22:42

Top job dude!!

CQR Honcho

TORA Race Number : 38
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2012-06-05

https://www.facebook.com/RustyLaidlerRacing

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 29 Nov 2012 - 23:23

very nice, bring on the next one
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 10:04

cheers guys part 2 should be out this evening Cool
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 10:46

Very nice, it was a great read. Very Happy
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 15:41

IRT Trash wrote:cheers guys part 2 should be out this evening Cool

Really top stuff this Trash.
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TfR Milton Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 16:40

Briliant mate, i am impressed and with more and more i see of this site its growing . looks very profesional.
TfR Milton
TfR Milton

TORA Race Number : 614
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 17:05

thanks man with all these fast guys around i may have to retire from racing and become a TORA racing pundit Smile
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down