TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
T McNish Q & A [PART 3] EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

T McNish Q & A [PART 3]

+5
Racert46
Koenigsegg R
Richy59
theboomeranga
F4H Lotterer
9 posters

Go down

T McNish Q & A [PART 3] Empty T McNish Q & A [PART 3]

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 10:44

T McNish Q & A [PART 3] McNish
Welcome race fans to the 4th and final round of the 2012 Tora endurance championship .

if you missed my previous segments you can find them here Wink

part 1 http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t8837-t-mcnish-q-a-part-1

part 2 http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t8846-t-mcnish-q-a-part-2

Well this will be my final installment it seems im required to go drive and learn the track , how hard can it be REALLY!!!

lets take a walk around and see who we bump into today shall we.

Q: firstly welcome to the TORA TEC Mr MGR Ginge ,i hear your somewhat of a comedian do you think the ring is a place to be joking around at or is humour the best approach to this grueling task that awaits us all.

A: Well I been called worse than a comedian before, so I shall take that as a compliment as I don't get many particularly for my driving skills.

In all seriousness, MGR is about having fun, enjoying banter and living the dream of being a racing driver, all be it in a virtual sense. We have set nights on VTCC where we run cars & events that normally get overlooked and a few of us really fancy playing with the big boys and honing our skills to become faster, better drivers. The event at the infamous "ring" is probably the most difficult of initiations as a team to endurance racing and TORA Tec, however it's not one we are not taking lightly and are putting in the laps to give ourselves a realistic opportunity of a good finish in SP3.

With the experience of CQR Rusty and Power Stag, I have two very quick teammates that'll give me the nessesary guidance to be competitive, well, a well tuned car from CQR Rusty at least. We also have MGR Team 1 and Team 2 running, so of course beating MGR Team 2 in SP3 is the real objective for the 8hr event.

As for the question of humour getting us through, we are running a Carrado, so I think we'll need a good bit of humour to supplement 2hrs of 90's nostalgia....... Speaking of which, better make sure my stonewash denims and tye dye t-shirt are ready for some action.......

Q: Just quickly mr XBR IMMORTAL we see you return for the final round of the TEC what do you as a driver and a team look to achieve here and whats the battle plan.

A: Personally me as a driver my plan is not to roll it given my track record of the track, but as a team we are hoping to to clock the miles up plus the 2 fellow drivers i'm with are hoping to build on their win they had at the VLN and hopefully im a part of the winning team, but the main battle plan is fast and consistent.

Q: In the MKR grage we have mr Outlaw , so your making your final preporations prior to qualifing on sunday, what do you hope to accomplish at the ring .

A: Well we have been very busy here, with our intial contract with Scion falling through and trying to solidify a deal to get a car. Luckily Nissan came to us early enough and offered to give us full support in running a production version of their SuperGT Xanavi Racecar. With that MKR has been on a roll, and we managed to dial in the car quickly. Which helps us so we can use more time in driving the track and learning it.

As for me, and I think Rollin would agree, I would love to put this car near the front during qualifying and show we are a team in to win. We would love to end this amazing season on a high note and that would be winning this race. Rollin has made is mark this season with 2 championships, but for me, I'm still looking for that first TEC win. And Nissan with MKR have delivered, so it's just up to us to race hard and clean but make very few if not no mistakes.

On behalf of MKR: "It's me da Mario, and I'm gonna win!!"

Q: welcome TORAs Vice President Richy59 , so looks like youll be in the paddock for this event but what from a spectators point of view are you expecting , and more importantly who is your money on.

A: I'll be spending my 8 Hours at the 'ring up in Race Control, mostly dealing with the Live production. It's fantastic to see so many people from so many different clubs enter into our TEC races, and to end with this high of four lobbies (which we had to cap) it shows just how strong the competition is in this Championship. It has went beyond all our expectations, and 2013 will see the TEC form into something even better. It won't only be drivers competing for the top step, but we'll be putting together a Team Championship as well. Expanding to 5 rounds will certainly make it tougher overall season, one which lasts an entire year, but we'll be trying to keep it fresh and exciting and we have a few things up our sleeve.

Going back to the final race, I really wish my team mates at M&M Racing the best of luck, I'm a bit sad that I won't be competing but I am unable to safely navigate myself around the track and I felt I would have been more of a liability than an asset. As I said after Britcar, I think this is the first and last time I will see my name at the top of a Championship here at TORA.

It's going to be a very tough race, and again I think the team to beat will be F4H. They put an unprecedented amount of time and effort into their testing and they always go out there all guns blazing. Ianmr and SelectiveRogue for M&M are naturals around the ring so I expect them to do well along with their teammates IRT Trash and CQR Aero who we know are exceptional racers and who have taken us to the podiums throughout the year. The title fight is between M&M and F4H drivers and I'm really excited to see the outcome.

The stand out performers for me at Britcar were the Hailfire Racing guys, and they are certainly the team to watch for this race as they now have a solid driver line up who knows what their strengths and weaknesses are. Nurbracer will also have my attention, as their team originates from the amount of time they have spent at this track. It's going to be one hell of a race and a great way to end the year.

Q: I know your about to go out on track Racert46 but what brings you to the Ring and more importantly what keeps you coming back to TORA.

A: Yes, just on my way to the car again as a major crash last week had me out of testing for a couple of days , doctors orders.... Lucky the team has rebuild my car and we are good to go again. What brings me to the Ring you ask, wel it's the mother of all tracks. You need to be on guard all the time, no room for any mistakes as they mostly end in tears and out of the podium postitions. I think F4H Chrisupa is right when he says concentration, composure and consistency is key around here.
The reason why I come back to TORA is the level of competition, to be able to measure yourself against some of the best teams and drivers around and I have allot of respect for the TORA staff as they put so much time and effort to make these events so great to compete in. Take TORA TV, Spotters guide ect ect....
For now, good luck to all drivers and feel free to come by our Warsteiner VIP area to have some I am off testing.....

Q: Yet again i find myself with another former team mate mandown46 , so whats the feeling at nurbracer central youve picked up a few fresh faces surely things must be looking good .....

A: Positive, is the feeling in the garages at the moment. Both IRT Hakkinen, and TMG Sarrazin have shown excellent pace in the BMW Z4 we have, Stan is as consistant as ever, with a German National, Friedrich II oairing up with him, so both SP1 cars should be capable of top 5 positions.
Ive dragged a couple of old team mates back with Zac Lee and UK II Blackbird piloting a Scion around with me. I'm just hoping I can match their pace!
Its also nice to not have to travel so far for a race meeting, welcoming the best Teams and drivers in the World to our home is a nice change from hopping on a plane all the time!

Q: Well this is me done for the day but before i turn in lets grab a word from a veteran driver F4H Koenigsegg ,welcome back to the 4th round of the TEC Mr K in your opinion whats the best way to prepare for a endurance event such as the N8 or is it best to just go with the flow and see how things work out.

A:What I believe is the best way of preparing for an Endurance Event around the 'ring is being comfortable with your car, don't look at the laptimes that others are doing. It's very easy to make a mistake around here, so being comfortable driving your car is very important. After that, try to be comfortable with the track, get in the flow. For a lot of drivers the 'ring seems scary. It actually isn't. It's not that difficult. In my opinion a track like Road Atlanta is much more difficult. To be honest, at the moment I'm not being comfortable in my Porsche! Engine is at the wrong place! hahaha! But I'm getting there, slowly. Hopefully Gashi and I can score a podium, that's our target. It will be difficult with all the great teams and drivers out there. But we'll try. See you on track, Mr. Trash.

Well gents it has been a pleasure speaking with you have a great race Smile
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

T McNish Q & A [PART 3] Empty Re: T McNish Q & A [PART 3]

Post by theboomeranga Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 10:51

great as always
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 11:31

Thanks man Smile
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 11:32

Loved it Trash

T McNish Q & A [PART 3] C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 15:02

Good read! Very Happy

So much pressure is on us! hahaha
Looking forward to the race.

Oh god, I'm already a veteran driver. I'm only 20 years old! lol!

T McNish Q & A [PART 3] HiRFIVRT McNish Q & A [PART 3] F0Ubl2sT McNish Q & A [PART 3] Cs7jRnKT McNish Q & A [PART 3] R2kIRBg
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 15:32

Thanks for doing this, it was great fun to read all of them.
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 16:30

im glad you enjoyed reading them , with such a driver lineup it was hard to get to everyone so i hope nobody was offended that i didnt get to them.

on another note i may do this in the future who knows.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Honcho Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 23:03

Do it mid race Smile

CQR Honcho

TORA Race Number : 38
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2012-06-05

https://www.facebook.com/RustyLaidlerRacing

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 11:40

ill see what i can do rusty Wink
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 17:30

It was a 3 way battle at Britcar between F4H, BG and CQR, let's hope lag issues don't ruin that battle again!
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 17:40

BG Wumba wrote:It was a 3 way battle at Britcar between F4H, BG and CQR, let's hope lag issues don't ruin that battle again!

Lag always sticks its nose it. Lag pretty much decided the results at Le Mans, and crippled my team at Britcar.

*shakes fist at the sky CURSE YOU INTERNET DEMONS!!
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 17:57

best way to think of lag is a mechanical failure it can bite anyone at anytime.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 18:59

IRT Trash wrote:best way to think of lag is a mechanical failure it can bite anyone at anytime.
Yeah, thats how I try to imagine it. Still frustrating as hell though Smile
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 19:13

Frustrating aint the word ...
sebring 12 hours 2012 F4H Mikem lags resulting in us losing 1st and finishing 2nd in LMP1 .
le mans 24 2012 yourself (Mandown46) lags result we finish 4th in GT still not bad but we lost a whole stint , Possibility of 1st again.
Britcar 24 2012 Richy59 has a wheel failure luckily ianmr was on hand to take over but we lost a few miles , still managed 2nd in TGT tho.

N8 2012 , well who knows it just seems i have no luck in capturing a win but generally find the podium.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 20:46

haha

"Q: firstly welcome to the TORA TEC Mr MGR Ginge ,i hear your somewhat of a comedian do you think the ring is a place to be joking around at or is humour the best approach to this grueling task that awaits us all."
TMG Lapierre 7x
TMG Lapierre 7x

TORA Race Number : 212
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 20:49

IRT Hakkinen 7x wrote:haha

"Q: firstly welcome to the TORA TEC Mr MGR Ginge ,i hear your somewhat of a comedian do you think the ring is a place to be joking around at or is humour the best approach to this grueling task that awaits us all."

i see how your reading this, you sir are a idiot.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Lapierre 7x Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 20:54

haha!!!! Wink
TMG Lapierre 7x